“Lovely Setting and Great Food”
Review of Springdale Farm

Springdale Farm
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We spent three nights at Springdale Farm this summer. The property is lovely and the breakfasts were delicious! We had my father and our four year old son along so the Hideaway suite worked well for us, with a separate room for Dad and a mini-kitchen area with fridge for storing and prepping food for our son. We very much enjoyed our stay and wish we had had more time to explore the nice walking trails nearby. I'm sure we'll be back, so maybe next time!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Could not ask for a better B&B. The place was clean, the decor was unique and the host was most gracious. And what a cook! We would not hesitate to return or recommend Springdale to others. The Bed was extremely comfortable.

Room Tip: The whole place was excellent. Every room was great!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We made a last minute Memorial weekend reservation here, after our other plans unfortunately fell through. We spent a day driving around the Finger Lakes and stayed here for a night before continuing to Niagara. The BnB was lovely, and is in a great location. Eileen seems very sweet and gracious, although we couldn't spend much time with her, considering the short stay.

We stayed in the Homestead room and it was decent. The bed was cosy and comfy. The roof is slanted though, and for my 6'1" tall husband it was a little uncomfortable. For the price, we were slightly disappointed, but we understand that for a last minute reservation on a holiday weekend, this was probably a fair deal. The bathroom was spotless and the toiletries were great.

Breakfast was delicious! She is a great cook! We informed our vegetarian diet in advance, and we highly appreciated that she took it into consideration. Not exactly complaining, but I guess we would have liked a few more options though.

All in all, we had a relaxing experience. Would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My partner and I stayed in the Homestead room for the weekend, which was beautiful. Well decorated room and bathroom, soft/clean/comfy sheets/bed/pillows which made me really feel I was not just in town for a wedding but taking a vacation in an idyllic part of NY. Eileen and Don made breakfast each day which was delicious! I will definitely stay here again for future trips to upstate NY!

Room Tip: The Homestead has a sloped ceiling so if you above 5ft 10in, you may want a to check out other rooms...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was in the area for work and would rather stay at a B and B than a hotel chain. I stayed in the Hideaway, which was clean, comfortable and had all I needed. Because I would be out each morning before breakfast, Eileen made sure I had things to eat in my fridge.

During my stay there, the area had a huge snow storm which interfered with much of my work travel. Eileen and Don could not have been nicer, more helpful and gracious as they made sure that all their guest were cared for while the whole area shut down due to snow. I took advantage of the wonderful trails right around the house for snowshoeing. I would love to go back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My husband and I spent a lovely two days in the Towpath Room. It was very comfortable and exceptionally clean. Breakfasts were delicious and our hosts came through for us by also providing a fine supper when blizzard conditions resulted in all of the neighboring restaurants being closed. All in all, we could not have asked for more accommodating innkeepers. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My girlfriend and I were hoping to find a nice place to enjoy our 2-year anniversary (Early February), and since she loves the snow and the cold, we agreed on a nice Bed and Breakfast near the finger lakes. Springdale farms was offering an off-season special on pricing, so we booked two nights in the Black and Tan room. The room was very nicely decorated: not too plain, not too flowery. The two-tone color scheme felt elegant.

Our first night was nice and relaxed. We picked up a light dinner on the way up to New York, and ate it in the room (the mini fridge is great if you're taking a trip on a budget). In the morning we were treated to a delicious breakfast (we got to pick what time for breakfast, which was nice), and had a nice conversation with our hostess.

As we were exploring the area the next day, though, we had some serious car troubles and needed to be towed to the local dealership for repairs. We were basically stranded in Canandaigua, but Springdale Farms was nice enough to give up a ride back to the B&B. They graciously allowed us to extend our trip by a day while we waited for the car to be repaired, and even gave us a ride back to the dealership to pick it up after everything was fixed up. Overall, they took what could have been a very frustrating experience that might have ruined our trip, and made it much more manageable.

And did I mention the waffles? I don't know where they got the Maple Syrup, but my girlfriend is an absolute connoisseur of the sweet stuff and she gave this one her rousing seal of approval.

Springdale Farms is a lovely place to spend a weekend getaway, but they really deserve your business because they truly understand the importance of hospitality. Couldn't be happier!

Room Tip: Pay close attention to the room amenities, because they differ from room to room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple