“Good food/nice atmosphere”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Chammps is pretty much a typical chain type restaurant. It is a super sized sports bar with a ton of TVs and a nice big bar area. The food is good and served in generous portions. They have over time decreased their menu options. They used to offer a much wider variety of dishes. The service is always excellent. It is also a great place for a family meal.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We went to Champps last week for lunch because of a gift card I was given. It was in the middle of the afternoon and the service was very good. I had the mixed berry lemonade which was excellent and my friend had coffee. We had mozzarella sticks (great portion) and I had the chicken crusted parm sandwich which was good. I also had a side Caesar salad which was great. My friend had the french dip along with a large side of Garlic mashed potatoes. The side was a big portion also and I had some of them as well. They were excellent and I recommend them if you like garlic mashed potatoes. The restaurant has a sports bar theme to it and is very big roomy. We will definitely go there again and recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I used to go here all there anymore! I gave them more than one chance.... The first time I stopped going there was because they took down the AMERICAN FLAG just so they could put up more T.V.s - which the American society doesn't need anymore of and secondly - they were playing the same thing that was on many other T.V.s in the place. What is the point of that!? I wrote them an email and after SEVERAL months, they actually put the flag back up. OK, they got me back. By the time I went back, after they put the flag back up, they changed the menu. They took the Pepperjack Stack off the menu! WHO TAKES THAT OFF THE MENU! THAT BURGER WAS AMAZING! I asked if they still had it because I didn't see it on the menu anymore and the lady told me, and I quote, "No, we don't have that anymore more. But, you can replicate it by ordering a burger the same way and you just have to pay another $4 to add a second hamburg to it." $4! Hell No! I won't go here again. No thanks! Some things are good about this place but it isn't worth it to me anymore. Sorry, I don't need someone to hand me a towel in the bathroom after I wash my hands. I am all about creating jobs for the American people but..... It's a sports bar! You don't need this here!

1  Thank cgrace002
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've been there a few times in the past, but not in quite a few years. Great service, very friendly and fast. Food was fantastic. Nice sports bar atmosphere, plenty of tv's to watch. Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We arrived in Rochester at dinner time with no plans, and chose Champps basd on the menu on the front door. As the name implies, the Restaurnt has a Baseball Theme, but it also has a diverse menu, more than most Sports Bars I have visited. My wife And I had the dinner for two, and got more food than we could finish, but, since it was all good, we gave it our best shot. I recommend the Kung Pao Chicken Stir Fry (excellent). Our dinner included a shared dessert, and a word of warning here. We ordered the Mini Trio, and there is nothing Mini about it. It was huge, and much more than we needed, but it was so good, we gave it our best effort, again.