“I tried to get my husband to walk out of this joint before we even ordered!”

Pontillo's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #32 of 92 Restaurants in Victor
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stopped in on Saturday night to pick up a pizza to go. My husband used to live in the area and said that they used to make good pizza so I was convinced to try it. When we walked in the door, we were met with chaos behind the counter and in the kitchen. The oldest person working there couldn't have been 16 or 17 and nobody seemed to be in charge. The "sitting area" was dirty and the window sills were dusty. I tugged at my husband's sleeve to try to get him to leave but he was already in the process of ordering. The ladies' room was blocked by a bag of trash and was out of order so my husband guarded the door of the men's room while I went inside. No toilet paper. Just a stack of beverage napkins strewn across the tank.

Our pie was handed to us in an unfriendly manner and we rushed back home. I wouldn't have eaten any of it after seeing the deplorable conditions but i was starving so I tried a bite. Surprisingly, it was good and had a good amount of toppings.

I would recommend that they clean up their act and their restaurant and I might consider going back.

There are newer reviews for Pontillo's Pizza & Pasta

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Marks used to be the best pizza in the Perinton area, but they changed something dramatically a few years back. Pontillos has always been solid pizza. It isn't pizza to die for, but it is far better than anything else nearby.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

The best pizza in the area. I have eaten here alot. The sauce is just right and the cheese is perfect. Service is always great too.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I grew up in Rochester and this visit home had to have a Pontillo's in it. The Victor location (Our first time there) was not so good. Gooey dough, kind of just tossed together. Said they were really busy when we called 70 minutes later to see where our delivery was? Won't eat there again.