“Can't put my finger on it”

Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Victor
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We are Hampton Inn fanatics and try and stay no where else. I've never given a Hampton stay less then an excellent review (5 stars). This stay almost rated an average rating (3 stars). I can't quite put my finger on what it was that we were unsatisfied with but the whole hotel felt a little tired. It was little things, like a broken towel rack in the bathroom and little bits of damage here and there.

The biggest issue for us was the odd odor in the room possibly from the a/c unit when we entered. It did go away after a while. The a/c unit itself was not functioning. If left on, it never shut off. It was a game of on/off with it for the entire 3 nights we were there.

The other issue we had was the poor layout of the breakfast area. It seemed to cause people to trip over each other to try and grab any food they could.

Things that saved the review:
The pool was amazing. Temperature was so lovely and warm and inviting.
The courtyard was such a hidden treasure. Only problem was our room faced it and it got kind of noisy in the morning with families sitting out there to eat with kids yelling.
The size of the room was great (we had a 1 bedroom suite). Perfect for 2 adults and 3 kids.

We're on the fence about coming back. We may try the Homewood Suites next time but the area was great and had lots of dining and shopping options near by.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in, don't face the courtyard.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Patrick C, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Victor. I am sorry we did not fully live up to your expectations. I can assure you all issues mentioned in your review have been communicated and we are working on correcting. We appreciate all comments and feedback as it only helps us to better ourselves and the service we provide for our guests. I hope you will give us a second chance to prove why we are leaders in the service industry.
Yours in hospitality,

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor

Reviewed 20 August 2014

A girlfriend and I loved everything about this Hampton. The hotel seems relatively new, the arts and crafts decor and fireplace was gorgeous, the garden court in the center of the hotel layout was charming with outdoor tables, a water feature and pretty gardens. The breakfast buffet was great although a bit crowded and busy at the time we were there around 8:30 am. This seems like a busy little place to stay so if you like quiet this might not be for you. It's close to some great shopping (directly across the road from Kohls and more), not far from the Canadian border and easily accessible from the highway. They offered complimentary pre-packed lunch bags at the front desk containing food and bottled water to take on the run if you wished. I would definately recommend this hotel for a shopping excursion with some girlfriends.

Room Tip: Book early as this hotel seems popular and is in a good location for shopping
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank localyocal2
Patrick C, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for the great comments!! I am glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Victor. We try to make it a home away from home. We are located next to great shopping including Eastview Mall and I hope you had the chance to take advantage of that.
The bags you mentioned are our "On the Run Bags". We provide these for guests in a hurry or to use for a late day snack.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We love hearing comments like this and I will share it with the staff.
Patrick Caswell
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My girlfriends and I had a wonderful time in the Victor area and were very happy with the hotel. The hot tub was not working properly but the problem was addressed and we were compensated. Very professional and courteous staff throughout the hotel! Would stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your response and feedback. I am so sorry the hot tub was not working during your stay. I was glad to hear it was addressed and you were taken care of. One of many benefits of staying with Hampton Inns is our 100% satisfaction guarantee. The hot tub is fully functional now so I hope you will return and get a chance to enjoy it along with our pool.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great place for a business trip or anything else
The front desk were fantastic, made me feel very welcome.
Had a conversation with the housekeeper and he was fantastic.
Made use of one of the conference rooms and it was great
I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your response and for staying with us. It is our goal to provide the best service we can and I am glad your experienced this. We cater to all kinds of travelers and try to meet all of our guests needs. We have a large amount of meeting room space as well as leisurely facilities such as our pool, hot tub and fitness center so that every guest can enjoy their stay. I hope that you will come to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our family was in the area for a wedding and this was the couples choice to "house" the guests. Ok.. it seems like the Hamptons keep getting more and more expensive BUT this IS a hot spot for wine country plus we had a discount as a group rate.However, the place was very nice and had a more welcoming decor with the fireplace and gardens. Friendly staff, clean rooms, everything we needed for sure. I really saw nothing I did not like except it was pretty crowded with families and some who can't seem to understand how to control a kid.
I love people who take their laptops and tablets down to breakfast so that everyone can hear their music and Utube...especially, in the gardens where one would like to sit and enjoy the mood. People...get a pair of earphones.
But, the place was great other than rude people and that's not Hampton, fault. I would stay again.

Room Tip: There were rooms really close to the active elevators, exits, and ice machine. With SO many people s...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank your for your response regarding your stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Victor. I am sorry some other guests disturbed you. I hope we did everything on our part to ensure a relaxing stay. The Hampton Inn & Suites Victor is unique to the Hampton Brand in that we have a courtyard filled with flowers to provide a relaxing and peaceful setting and a lobby that is similar to a log cabin, all while providing the great amenities that the Hampton Brand offers. I hope you enjoyed the wedding and maybe you can take a trip and come to visit us again.
Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had one extra night at the end of a weeks vacation at a cabin. We needed a place on the way home, close to shops, that was dog friendly. We looked up a dog friendly hotel sight and found bringfido.com. The hotel wasn't as budget friendly as we had hoped, $199/night +tax, but it was a very well appointed suite with a separate bedroom, mini kitchen living room, with a fireplace. Our kids enjoyed the pool and the employees were very friendly, and it was clean. Everyone greeted us wherever we went. Breakfast was included, the eggs need some work, but the staff again was helpful and welcoming. There was no extra charge for dogs and it was nice to find such a nice hotel accepting of our dogs, a Lab and a St. Bernard. I usually choose Holiday Inn, but they would not take pets at all within 25 miles of Victor.They even gave us a ground floor room close to the exit. We had our poop bags, but they had a bag dispenser, but it was empty, perhaps they could check that daily to fill it. There were a few land mines left by lazy owners. Please pick up after your dogs so that you don't give the hotel any ideas of changing their policy.If you like to shop Victor is the place, it's clean safe and every store you can think of is within 5 minutes of this hotel. There is a McDonalds next store, but we opted for take out at TGIF, next door as well. A big mistake it was very disappointing, portion were small and the added hair in the salad was not on the menu. We ate there the last time and it has really gone down hill.
One suggestion would be a nice uniform for all employees, especially the room attendants. The few we saw all had different street clothes on and it would give more of a professional feel to the hotel. Service and cleanliness is huge with me. The staff made us feel welcomed from the start , and I really appreciated that.
If you are going to Victor, New York, this is the best place out of 4 major chains, that I've stayed in over the past few years in town. Have fun and relax.

Room Tip: We were by the pool, we didn't hear any noise.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights to attend a family wedding. We selected this hotel rather than the other hotel at which the bride had set up a group rate because the Hampton Inn would allow us to bring our dog to stay with us. The main lobby was warm and inviting, if a touch crowded with tables and chairs to be used for the complimentary breakfast in the morning. I liked the American Craftsman decor touches, and my husband commented on how new everything looked; there were no dings or scuffs in the paint or on the furniture anywhere. The room was clean and comfortable with plenty of room for us to set up our dog's crate. There was no in-room safe, which was disappointing, but all the other amenities were just fine. The location was very convenient, being just at an exit on 490, so we didn't have any difficulty getting where we needed to go for the wedding festivities. The morning breakfast was fine; there were scrambled eggs, but they were definitely reconstituted/powdered. There are two waffle makers, and they also served sausage, fresh fruit, oatmeal, and a wide assortment of pastries. We would certainly stay here again in order to be able to bring our four-legged pal with us as we travel.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor. This was convenient for loading and unloading, as there are parki...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Figpox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites Rochester - Victor
Holiday Inn Express Victor
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
Comfort Inn & Suites Farmington - Victor

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor? Share your experiences!