All reviews roll top bath the pub burghley house curry lovely air conditioned lovely meal pie before christmas scampi sunday lunch separate shower generous portions bed and pillows local village cooked fresh staff were welcoming lamb
Reviewed 13 November 2014

Booked the accomodation on laterooms.com with no prior knowledge of it or the area but mainly due to it's location for a meeting the next day. I was delighted with what I found…..a clean, warm and tastfully decorated room with all amenities and some nice touches to go along with very friendly staff. The breakfast in the morning was spot on. I would warmly recommend to anyone at that price point.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2014 via mobile

A great place to eat, serving good quality pub food in generous portions at reasonable prices. It also has a nice friendly atmosphere. The outside seating area is attractive as well, with well kept planters, even late in the year.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2014

I booked this hotel as anything within 10 miles of Peterborough was booked and how pleased I am that was the case in the end !!

The setting for this pub with rooms is lovely. yes its off a main road, but all windows are sound proofed and the view of the Cotswolds-esque buildings is lovely.

My girlfriend and I stayed in the room "Harrod" which was amazing ! Large king size bed, full sized roll top bath, good quality furnishings etc all for £85 B&B - breath-taking!

The food in the bar is genuinely some of the best I have ever had. For starter we had some chicken strips, mushrooms and cheesy garlic bread, all of which were spot on. This was followed by steak and ale pudding was to die for as was the beef tacos that my g/f really enjoyed.

The two ladies that were running the show last night were excellent, both very outgoing, chatty and good fun which made for a very welcoming environment.

Finally breakfast was also spot on this morning, a well cooked full English with cereals if required as well.

I have paid £200 a night before for less service and less quality, if I have a need to be anywhere within 10 miles of P'Boro again, I will try and get in here.

Room Tip: Ask for Harrod as long as I am not staying !! :-)
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

Love this place, we booked the superior suite which was fabulous, with roll too bath and gorgeous bedding. TV a little small for the room but good enough. The good was fine pub food, with that little extra to make it something special. Great service, great getaway especially for couples as didn't see many children. Breakfast was superb although we weren't asked what we wanted just "a full English". Will def return.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Myself and my family eat in this wonderful pub regularly.the staff are welcoming ,friendly and attentive.the Sunday carvery is excellent.huge portions of freshly prepared food.the young waiting staff are polite,helpful and friendly.they have been well trained by the lovely landlord and landlady.i live locally but the Collyweston Slater would be my first choice as either a place to eat or just pop in for a drink every time.cant recommend this establishment highly enough.when they realised we were celebrating my dads birthday during one visit ,they surprised him by putting a candle in his dessert,a lovely touch that made his day.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family