The Inn and Spa at East Wind
Hotel Indigo Long Island - East End(Riverhead)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$232
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead(Riverhead)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$204
Residence Inn Long Island East End(Riverhead)(Great Value!)
US$284
Holiday Inn Express East End(Riverhead)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$202
Greenview Inn(Riverhead)
US$88
US$144
US$130
US$366
Hyatt Place Long Island East End(Riverhead)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$267
US$134
US$114
All reviewsrelaxation roomdance floorwine countrywine toursteam roomindoor poolwedding venuespectacular placegreat massagemother's daydecent hairdryerside by sidehair salondecent stayspa treatmentsbride and groomclassic style
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel and it was very nice. The grounds are beautiful, with gardens and waterfalls. The rooms are very big and comfortable. The bathroom had a wonderful, large tub. Overall, it is extremely clean and well maintained. I agree with some of the negative reviewers about the service. We arrived from a long journey and pulled up to the front to check in. The young valet staff told us we needed to go park ourselves all the way around the building. I don't see why we couldn't have run in to get our room location and keys first. The attitude was a bit much. We had trouble ordering room service as our phone didn't work. We called from a cell phone and ordered. The food came fast, but was not what we ordered. The delivery boy didn't care at all. Apparently our menu was outdated. He also needed the food cart back, so he left us with no salt or pepper and no place to eat! We had to somehow manage an overflowing bowl of French onion soup on our bed. The food was not great. The woman at the front desk was very nice though. I would stay here again. The beauty outweighed the service. I mostly include those details in case you're planning a wedding here or if service really matters to you. It's a nice idea to employ teenagers, but....

Room Tip: The woman at the front desk was kind enough to put us in a room that was a comfortable distance from the wedding party they had there. It was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Skye21
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed here for one night, July 21, 2012. We pulled up and there were 4 valet parking guys standing around. Not one of them offered to help us with our bags. We had two kids with us and we had to go inside to get a dolly and unload our bags and bring them inside ourselves - they didn't even hold the doors for us, but stood there and watched us struggle to get inside. When I went to collect my car the next day, I was told to go get it myself (and I had two kids and bags with me). I didn't even know where it was parked! I finally had to ask the front desk clerk to bring it it me and he did (and did so without accepting a tip which was nice). The room was totally average (looked like the whole hotel was purchased from a cheesy Home Decorators Collection catalog), but it was clean and large. We had ice cream at the cafe which tasted terrible and had freezer burn. Breakfast at Desmonds was just bizarre. We were the only people dining and we walked in to find them cleaning it and trash cans every where. Apparently they were open and seated us in a dark corner. It took 45 minutes for our food to come. Soggy waffles and old coffee. When we asked for more syrup or more coffee, it took 10 minutes to come. Don't waste your time or money eating here. Room was overall fine and the only one available for the night in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank americanexpat10
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Stayed here for 1 night on our anniversary. Check-in was smooth. We reserved a King Room and it was ready when we arrived at 3:30PM. Check in is 4:00 PM. The room was quite big and comfortable. It was immaculate. In fact, the whole hotel was immaculate. Extremely clean and inviting. We ate dinner in Desmonds Restaurant in the hotel. Service was great. Food was above average. After dinner, a few drinks on the outdoor patio with friends, which was comfortable and relaxing. The restaurant has a beautiful wood bar. The next morning was breakfast in the same restaurant - best omelet I ever had. My wife had a spa treatment which she loved (she got a facial and massage). Professional staff who attended to every detail. I would definitely return for a weekend here. Highly recommend this hotel for couples and a romantic getaway. The hotel offers bus trips to the North Fork Wineries which will be the subject of another review.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank I
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I were invited to a wedding at East Wind. We had a baby a year ago and really have not had time to vacation. We decided to make a mini vacation out of the wedding. We stayed the weekend. It was such a wonderful place. The wedding was superb. The food was really good. All of the staff was very friendly and accomodating. The grounds were lined with some of the most beautiful flowers ever. We decided the next morning to go breakfast at Desmonds. We had breakfast outside on the beautiful outdoor patio. Then we went on a wine tour. They have a great luxury bus that takes you to the nearby vineyards. It was a lot of fun. We went with a few couples that stayed the night. It was a really relaxing and fun time. That night we went to Demonds again for dinner, the food was awesome. I especially loved the live entertainment. It was a really nice tounch. The next morning we went to the spa. I have been to many spas and this was such a wonderful hidden gem. It was so calm, relaxing and rejuvenating. My husband and I did the couples package with the side by side massages and the hydrotherapy tub soak. It was so clean!!! Our massage therapist were so professional and the were sooooo good. I love that this place is so close to home. I love that I am away but still close to my son. Definately try it. It is great! I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank loretta s
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Stayed two nights. Front desk service was good, room was nice. This is a wedding banquet facility that has a wing that operates as a hotel. The food was well priced and similar to what you would get in a banquet.

Room Tip: Best to get a room away from the banquet facilities.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business