The Inn and Spa at East Wind
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wading River Motel(Wading River)
  • Pool
Greenview Inn(Riverhead)
Swiss Motel(Riverhead)
View Hotel
All reviewsrelaxation roomdance floorwine countrywine toursteam roomindoor poolwedding venuespectacular placegreat massagemother's daydecent hairdryerside by sidehair salondecent stayspa treatmentsbride and groomclassic style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Been to a number of these events at the East Wind and nothing improves. The sound system doesn't accommodate the size of the room. Food service fair. Bar service deplorable with five and dime glasses and a suspicion on the scotch matching the label. Well kept building and grounds. However, they have a wastewater management problem quite obvious on the north side of the grounds.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I attended the wedding of one of my closest friends. The service, the food and the guest room were all wonderful. I can't say enough nice things about East Wind. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary J
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We stayed at the Inn because of a friend's wedding. They did not book the wedding guests there because they were not given a discounted rate for guests - but we decided to stay there for convenience. One week earlier we called the facility and spoke to the reservations desk - we asked if we could check in earlier than check-in time because we were traveling some distance to get there. We were told "No problem - just come on down early and the room will be ready." That day we arrived about one hour early. Not only were they refusing to allow us into the room early (it was only one hour earlier than check-in time!) but they desk clerk was very rude, saying that "people are always trying to get in here earlier than usual!" I asked that the manager be called, and he wanted the name of the person who gave the okay on the phone. When I told him that the reservations department made the arrangements he said they had no authority to do so, and still would not allow early check in. He then checked for availability, and stated another room was available, despite that fact that we paid extra for king bed, larger room, etc. When I asked if we would be reimbursed the difference, he stated we would have to wait for the reserved room. Quite rude - every one of them. My wife and I will never stay at that Inn again, and we will give negative recommendations every chance we get.

Room Tip: Rooms do not matter when the staff is rude and unfriendly.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank ffmdfacr
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Planned a romantic get-away for an overnight of dinner and spa with my husband. The spa is a minimal facility - an after thought in the basement of a catering hall. Our room was on the first floor adjacent to a ballroom. The music lasted until midnight... but that was only the beginning. After the event, for two additional hours the staff were breaking down the room-slamming tables and chairs. The noise was incredible. Even with earplugs, there was no chance of sleeping through it. When I called the front desk at 1am, they said it would be over "soon". I later wrote to management to explain the complete dissatisfaction with our stay and never received a response. Go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't go.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cheri L
Reviewed 12 December 2012

This is not a spa hotel. The fake antique decor is dated and in need of an update. But it's comfortable and a good value for staying overnight when attending a wedding. And the wedding was excellent. The food was ridiculously generous. We barely touched the dinner after the bountiful cocktail hour. The space was beautiful and the service without complaint. I do have to complain about the nonexistant internet access. I really need to do a little work but the signal was too low to connect. We got the excuse from the front desk that the router needed to be rebooted by the maintenance people (the front desk personnel didn't know how to do it) for 3 days straight. Other than that we were satisfied with our stay. Other than breakfast which was only available on Sunday for brunch. We went down the street to a Greek diner the other days and enjoyed it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family