“Beware the Valet Parking”

The Inn at East Wind
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wading River
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Went to a wedding and valet parked my car. When we came out was obvious that someone (probably 2) had driven the car without my authorization. Car had a few extra miles on it from when I left it with them and someone had sat in the passenger seat as the seat was all the way back. My wife is fairly petite and has the seat almost all the way up. There were also handprints on both windows. Although hard to prove it was obvious someone (2) had taken a little joy ride in my Trans-Am.

the wedding itself was very nice. Food was also very good. and we had a good time at the wedding . Ended with being a little peeved.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Johanna Z, Manager at The Inn at East Wind, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Vincent C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback regarding your recent experience as a wedding guest at East Wind Long Island. I am glad to read that you and your wife enjoyed the wedding and its food. Our catering and culinary teams work very diligently and will be most appreciative of your feedback - thank you!

However, I am truly sorry to read of your concerns with our valet service. Know that we take your comments and feedback seriously and are looking into this matter. We do appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your insight and should you like to follow up with a call, please phone 631.929.3500 and ask to speak with our General Manager.

There are newer reviews for The Inn at East Wind

Reviewed 27 June 2014

So pleasantly surprised when we saw this place for the first time! Excellent customer service, roomy and comfortable room, quiet air conditioner, beautiful accommodations. Highly recommend this hotel.

2  Thank GolfingBarb
Johanna Z, Manager at The Inn at East Wind, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear GolfingBarb,

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your recent stay at East Wind Long Island – I am so happy to read that you enjoyed our customer service and accommodations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Our daughter was married in the estate at the East Wind Conference Center. The physical plant had a chapel, private room for the wedding party and parents, waiting room while pictures were being taken, a dinning room with a dance floor, separate dessert room. All matters covered. Food was quite good with many options. The dessert room was actually too much. One criticism is that there was too much food. I would have liken less food for less money.
We had to provide the minister which ended in a disaster. Not being from the area, we had to settle for a minister suggested by East Wind. I believe he introduced himself as Father John. he did not follow the script. Bible reading did not take place. The Bride and groom did not say any vows. He said them for them. Those attending stood during the entire service.
We also stayed in the hotel for the evening. Rooms were spacious, comfortable and on site. They were used by the bride party for dressing, etc.

Wonderful wedding, except the minister. Give it my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JWilliamH
Johanna Z, Manager at The Inn at East Wind, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear J William H,

Thank you for the excellent review of our entire facility. I am so happy to see that you fully enjoyed your stay at the Inn and that our accommodations left a lasting impression!

I am thrilled to read that you had a wonderful time at your daughter’s wedding and that we were able to over-deliver on your expectations, but do apologize if the minister fell short and will pass along all of your feedback.

We hope to see you back soon – best wishes to your daughter and new husband on their new beginning together!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband, daughter and I just stayed here for a wedding. Pulling up, the grounds are beautiful. Very nice curb appeal. Checking in was quick and easy and again the lobby was very nice looking. The problem started when walking to our room. The carpet throughout the hallway is so worn, dark and outdated. Then when we got in our room, outdated is an understatement. The room was large but that's all it really had going for it. The carpet is probably as old as the hotel and it shows. Again, very worn and stained. The bedspreads are as old as the carpet and it gave me the "heeby geebies" touching it to get it off the bed. The furniture is very old and dark and the drapes are the same. The wallpaper needs to go as well. I get that 30 years ago this may have been a beautiful place to stay but it is not anymore. My daughter is 2 1/2 years old and I didn't want her touching anything in the room. The thought of all the dust buildup and other unsanitary things creeping around the carpets and bedspreads really grossed me out. There was an option to stay at a different hotel and I immediately regretted my decision to stay here for the convenience of attending a wedding there and then just walking up to our room. A short shuttle ride to a Nearby hotel would have been worth it. The wedding itself was beautiful and the reception hall was very nice. I just wish that they put as much care into the rooms as they do the reception halls. I did give this 3 stars because the bathroom was pretty clean and spacious. I would have given it less stars if not for this reason.

1  Thank Kim M
Johanna Z, Manager at The Inn at East Wind, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Kim M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our grounds, check-in process, and the wedding you attended. I will make sure to let our entire team know - thank you!

I do apologize if the aesthetic of our European-inspired Inn did not meet your style expectations, but wanted to reply back to some of your comments since we take your feedback seriously. The Inn opened only 12 years ago with a very specific design that we are proud of and spent a lot of time building and decorating. Since opening, we continually update all of our spaces as needed. In fact, all room carpeting has been replaced within the last two years and the bed coverings have all been replaced just this past month. Our housekeeping staff works around the clock to keep each and every room clean and tidy for our guests. Your experience is so very important to us that we hope you give us another chance so you can see all of our improvements...

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Recently attended an event and spent the night I can only say that there catering was good however they need to get out of the hotel business the room was filled with mold the wallpaper was peeling with visible black mold behind and the carpet was wet around the room AC and smelled of mold. The table tops were stained and lifting the room chair springs were shot, Very disappointed. Even encountered drenched carpet in the hallways.

Room Tip: Stay some where else unless you like the smell of mold and room freshener.
2  Thank Seasoned T
Johanna Z, Manager at The Inn at East Wind, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Seasoned T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us at East Wind Long Island. I am sorry to read that your room was less than satisfactory and would ask that you please call 631.929.3500 and let us know your room number so that we could follow up on its condition. Know that we take your comments and feedback seriously and appreciate you taking the time to provide them.

I am glad to read that our catering service was very good and we do hope you will give the Inn another chance in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

After calling several times, I couldn't get anybody to help me make a reservation. The girl that answered the phone said that she was the only one there and to call back another time. That was the last call I made.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank LorraineP631
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I will start by saying that all of the people on the staff were very helpful & pleasant. With that being the overall review of our one night stay was extremely disappointing.

1. The room was freezing when we checked in...heater was missing a piece. We picked up the out-dated, unlabeled phone (had to infer that 0 was used to contact the front desk) to get it serviced. The TV needs to be in put in a museum for historical value. I swear, I do not want to be dramatic...but it was hard to watch the screen, since it's so dramatically different to what we are used to now.

2. Went to put my belonging in the safe, and the battery was low, so had to take my stuff down to the spa

3. The spa accommodations were sub-par. The relaxation room furniture was not very comfortable, there was no lemon or fruit infused water was offered, the water that was offered was in a cooler...that wasn't cool. There were not many toiletries offered in the dressing room area, the lotion was in a big industrial pump bottle...which didn't even work.

4. We did have a lovely dinner at Desmond's, and our waiter was phenomenal. Once dinner was over at 9:20ish, we closed our check with the intention of getting a night cap at the adjoining pub. When I sat down, I was told they were closing up early. So I was unable to have a drink at 9:30. We the went to front desk to see if there was another place we could go, and was told we could drive somewhere...or they could see if they could get us a bottle. Both options were unappealing to us. We then prematurely retired to our room, to watch terrible TV on the outdated TV.

All in all, I am so glad I loved the company I was with, because all of these short comings would've been amplified!

Stayed: April 2014
Danford's Hotel & Marina
Danford's Hotel & Marina
#1 of 2 in Port Jefferson
SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven

Been to The Inn at East Wind? Share your experiences!