“We have been eating here for 4 years and it is fantastic”
Review of La Plage

La Plage
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Wading River
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "The Most Romantic Restaurant on Long Island" - NY Times Praised by Zagat Survey for its "superb culinary artistry," La Plage is one of Long Island's premier dining destinations, set in a gorgeous beach-front location offering both indoor and terrace seating.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We live in the Hamptons and travel the world a lot for business and pleasure. La Plage is one of our favorite dining experiences and we go every couple of months. Shame on me for not reviewing them sooner. The food is superb. The service is fantastic. It is a really neat drive to get there. The seats are comfy. I have the beverage I like. I can't say a thing bad.

1  Thank Mitch R

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Very nice setting at the beach, friendly staff. Exellent and very tastefull food, also very good drinks.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Although you cannot see the water from the restaurant, it is right across the street from the beach. We go there for the food, not for the view! Surprisingly good food that is well prepared, well presented, served cheerfully, and yet not too pricey! Perfect for any occasion since they have a back room excellent for a small private party. Our whole family loves it, and we find it is worth an hour's travel for us.

2  Thank Evaluator_12
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had the lunch special on the outside patio in the shade. Food was very good, wine excellent and the view of the park breathtaking. Third time I have eaten there in the afternoon in good weather. I can not address an evening meal inside. Lunch on the patio is world class. Staff, service, etc. was very pleasant and accommodating. I will be back for lunch on a future sunny day.

1  Thank JWilliamH
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I agree with previous reviewers that this place lacks the romance. It does have the potential for romance though. My fiancé and I have been here about 7 times since moving to Long Island a year ago. Each and every time the food is amazing and we have never had a bad meal. All of our visits before the last two would have been 5 star all around experiences but the last two times we have gone we have been surrounded by people who feel everyone in the room needs to hear about them and how much money they have, again, this is Long Island so perhaps we just got lucky not hearing conversations like this the first 5 visits. Even still we find humor in how obsurd people are and enjoy a good meal.

Everything on the menu is fantastic- my favorite app is the PEI Mussles, if this is on the menu when you go, get it. No hesitation...unless of course you're allergic to shellfish. The salads are also perfect- well balanced, different flavors and surprisingly good that I feel obligated to mention a salad in a review. As for entree, I always get a fish dish. All have been wonderful and the swordfish and herb crusted cod are my favorites. Fiancé has had the steak which he said was wonderful as well as the fish and another beef dish.

As for drinks, the jalapeño margarita is to die for. Must. Order.