“Scott the owner is a prima donna”
Review of Bella Gusto

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mastic Beach, New York
“Scott the owner is a prima donna”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The food at this restaurant is good but the owner in my opinion is terribly rude and moody. He does not understand that there are tons of restaurants and he needs customers, the customers don't need Bella Gusto. I feel sorry for him.

• Visited June 2014
6 Thank perfectbeach1

Wading River, New York
“excellent”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

excellent food and service. Scott does a great job of welcoming you to his restaurant and the food is reasonably priced, varied menu with specials and the service is extraordinary. highly recommended Italian restaurant with great food. We return often.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank modan5776
rocky point
“A hidden Gem”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I had tried some catered food at a friends house before and another friend recommended this Restaurant. I booked a party of 20 in the cozy dining room which is separated from the pizza area and has a service bar.

Scott the owner of the restaurant accommodated all of my requests while booking the party and never once said we can't do that. Basically I asked and he said "no problem" and suggested some different ideas that I hadn't thought of.

We requested family style appetizers and they arrived quickly and efficiently,the hot ones were hot and the cold were correct temperature for service. Fried calamari was tender and crunchy ,fresh mozzarella was very nice and the cheese may have been made in house in my opinion.
Cold antipasti platters were a nice salad substitution and all of my guests loved the appetizers.

For dinner we ordered off the regular menu which was nice instead of a pre-determined small selection of entrees ,Everyone was able to order exactly what they wanted. We were even offered a half dozen dinner specials. I was wondering "how are they going to pull this off?" Well the waitress Kim and the restaurant owner himself provided us with outstanding table service working in conjunction like a well oiled machine!

I have over 20 years food service and restaurant experience and my wife has over a decade of experience herself. We were both extremely impressed with Kim our waitress who was extremely efficient,firendly and one of the hardest working waitresses I have ever seen in my life. If I owned a restaurant I would hire her in a minute and make her my manager.

Everyone received their food hot and in an expeditious manner. All my guests were impressed with their entrees and I didn't see too many leftovers at all. The house tomato sauce (gravy) was well balanced with just enough acidic/sweet ratio to make any diner happy.Scott allowed me to bring a cake which was a nice gesture and cut and served it to the guests.
Several of my guests have already told me that they will frequent this restaurant in the near future.

Scott I thank you for making my wife's 50th birthday dinner very special and providing a great atmosphere and outstanding waitstaff and kitchen staff to handle the event. We will be in for dinner again very soon and will certainly share our experience with others, Tom Capodanno

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank tom c
Baiting Hollow, New York
“Excellent dinner”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I went here for dinner on Christmas Eve. The meal was excellent and the service was as well. I have been here several times and have been impressed every time. Each time I have been there, we have ordered from the specials menu so don't decide what to eat before you get to hear the specials!

It is a cozy, warm atmosphere and I will be returning.

Visited December 2013
New York
“DELICIOUS ITALIAN”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Went for my birthday dinner. Had salad, wine, appetizer and entree. Seafood Fra Diablo eggplant parm chicken parm is delicious. If you ever get to Wading River EAT HERE. Love the place Love the staff love the food. Excellent prices

• Visited October 2013