“Best place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Walden B&B and Inns
Kissimmee, Florida
“Best place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

We just spent a wonderful week at the Tin Brook Bed & Breakfast in Walden, NY. Our room was called the Pumpkin Patch. Fabulous, it was like staying with your favorite relative. Very clean, comfortable.and spacious. Dave spoiled us. So much so that I didn't want to leave. We look forward to going back. This was much better than any hotel.

Millie and Jim

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Millie G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bucks, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

Updated rooms that are clean and outfitted with a small fridge and coffee maker. Not a 4 star hotel but clean and comfortable basic accommodations.

Guests can come and go as they please. A nice breakfast served on request - all at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vinchio
TinBrook, Owner at Tin Brook Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Good prices, clean rooms, simple filling breakfast and my personal phone number for anything you may need during your visit. Comfort - Value – Service. Thanks for staying at my place you two.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed one night in the Pumpkin Patch room - charming and clean with a great bathroom. Dave was so accommodating he even made reservations for us at the Wards Bridge Inn in Montgomery. We had the pleasure of meeting his Mom and enjoyed browsing in their shop. A purchase was even made!! We look forward to our next visit - this is the only place we will stay in Orange County!! Meg & Bob

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank AuntieMeg
A wonderful couple up visiting their daughter at a local college. They are super sweet and best of all they got a little something in the gift shop which made Nancy very happy. Stay safe you two.
Comfort - Value - Service
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

This was my first experience at a B and B but thanks to the experience that Dave provided- it will not be my last. My family spent 3 nights and the Tin Brook and it was awesome. The room was very clean and spacious. A family of 6 fit comfortably and the prices were very reasonable. Dave is very friendly. Since our check in's were late and we were from a big city he often checked up on us to make sure we were ok. I thought that was very nice of him. He made you feel at home. I highly recommend this place. Although a Bed and Breakfast can be a romantic get away the Tin Brook made my whole family feel right at home.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mendoza29
I am happy you enjoyed your stay. It was an absolute pleasure hosting you family of six in the Orange Grove Suite. I hope the next time you are in town from Chicago you will stay with us again.
Comfort – Value - Service
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

We spent 4-5 nights at Dave's the Tin Brook Bed & Breakfast. It felt like my brother invited me to stay at his place during our trip back to Pine Bush - only my brother is not as hospitable as Dave. He is a really good guy and does everything he can to make you comfortable. I don't think we requested breakfast at the same time on any day, and he was always there right on time. He has the hospitality business down pat.

We stayed in the Pumpkin room, perfect for a guy like me (6' 4"). It was very hot during the thick July summer, and the A/C had a little trouble keeping up, but it was never uncomfortable.

I will recommend Tin Brook to my friends, and I look forward to staying again. It made for a very relaxing and enjoyable trip!

Thanks, Dave!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It was a shame you had to leave a day early. I am so happy you two enjoyed your stay. Don’t wait so long to come back to visit your hometown again. Be safe on the rest of your vacation.
Hiawatha, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

Great rooms, good food. Was a wonderful place to stay. My fiance and I stayed in the vineyard while my in-laws stayed in the pumpkin patch. Both rooms were spacious and well decorated. David was extremly welcoming and hospitible. Anything you ask for is brought to you as soon as possible. Although some renovations were going on in the upstairs rooms at the time, it was always done during a decent time of day. There was a small play area for kids in the back where my son had tons of fun. It doesn't feel like you're staying at a hotel. It really does feel like your staying at grandma's house, but only here you get food in your bed room! Really an outstanding place!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TinBrook, Owner at Tin Brook Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure taking care of you and your family. I would love to see you again if you are ever in the Walden/Montgomery area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

We have stayed here several times over past few years and have always been very happy. We recently rented the 5 brand new rooms for west point graduation. The new rooms are outstanding, especially the 3rd floor 2 bdrm suite for $149. Service, rooms, price and location cannot be beat. Owner Dave is great to work with and breakfasts were delicious. 30 min from west point...easy drive. Would highly recommend the Tin Brook for any West Point families visiting or for couples or families on weekend getaways.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joe it was an absolute pleasure taking care of you and your family during West Point Graduation week. It was like having my own family here with me for those 5 days. I couldn’t have picked a nicer group of 20 to stay with us here at The Tin Brook.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walden
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Montgomery
The Thayer Hotel
The Thayer Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Point
The Borland B&B & Brunch House

Been to Tin Brook Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!