“Saddle up at Saddle Brook”

My Saddle Brook Farm
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Walden
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I had been wanting to take my kids riding for years so when the groupon for Saddle Brook Farm popped up in my email, I jumped on it. I am so glad thatI did. We booked our time via email and it was supper easy. Chip was the the person who we had contact with and she was pleasant and very helpful. It rained a few days before we were shedualed to visit and they were more than accommodating in rescheduling our appointment so we could go on a day when the weather was nicer! The guy who runs the stable ( sorry I forgot his name ) is very nice. He gave great instructions and made us all feel safe and confident on our horses! The volunteers were pleasant. You could tell that everyone really loved the horses and what hey were doing! I will definitely be going back !!!

2  Thank Beth C
"breed"
"stalls"
"snow"

Reviewed 8 July 2013

First time visiting and definitely not the last! Horses were spunky with their personalities and beautiful. Staff were clear and patient when explaining the directions. We went to the riding arena first to "practice" riding the horses and then began the trail ride. My child, adults too, felt empowered with confidence. If you have your own bicycle helmet, bring it. Otherwise, there are helmets you may use at the farm. Some of the farm animals you may see on the trail ride are alpacas, a calf, a potbelly pig and, of course, horses.

3  Thank Lovinglife3536
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Had a great time on horseback thanks to our guides Nancy and John who were very professional and helpful during our excursion - went with my husband and our 2 children on a Sunday afternoon. We arrived early, filled out paperwork and tried on our helmets..... Mounted our horses and were led by our guides down a path. The horses were calm and controlled and we had a nice family outing.

2  Thank Sunflowre
Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

Visited for the first time last weekend using a Groupon for a group trail ride. The staff was extremely nice and took the time with less experienced riders. The trails really only went along the perimeter, but were still fun and relaxing. At the end we were able to spend the rest of the time riding around in the arena. This was especially fun for me as I used to regularly ride and was looking forward to more than walking. Overall it was a good deal and the horses were very well behaved. I would definitely return and would recommend that people arrive 20-30 minutes early to ensure you're all set in time for your scheduled trail ride.

3  Thank molswhite
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I have been a student of Helen's for the past 6 months and have seen MAJOR improvements in my riding. She helps me through my struggles by taking the time to break things down when I don't understand. I've taken lessons with other instructors and upon going back for a lesson with one them so I could ride my old horse, the first thing she said was "wow, I'm so impressed with how much your riding has improved in the past 2 months!" Helen's training has provided me with great discipline and maturity. If you haven't seen her ride, you need to take a lesson and ask her to hop on a horse too...she is awesome to watch on a horse!!

2  Thank carebear782