“Wonderful”

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We finally got up to My Saddle Brook Farm to use a Groupon Horseback riding gift only to find out the trails were rained out. Linda (the owner) had emailed all riders who had scheduled online (www.mysaddlebrookfarm.com) but we'd been traveling and missed the message. Thankfully we did!! We arrived to find a wonderful farm of rescued horses and other animals (ie. Norman the cow, Sherman, the "angry" pig, chickens, and many more). The 30+ horses are now in excellent condition. We sooooo enjoyed freely walking the grounds as the farm hands, groomed horses, cleaned stalls, filled watering trough's, etc. Alot of work is volunteer by local teenagers in exchange for horse back riding lessons. The "loving what they do" spirit of everyone we met was obvious. We didn't care about missing out on trail riding (actually glad to return later for that) we just couldn't get enough of wandering round the barn just like the chickens and a blanketed horse (Linda says...he just likes to do that.. lol) and meeting all the different animals (even a Zonkey!!). Not only will we be going back...but will encourage others to do the same and make donations to support the farm as well (it survives mostly on donations).

Visited April 2014

Newburgh, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Do NOT go here!!!!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My mom bought my boyfriend and I horseback riding as a shared Christmas present. Well lets just say it was awful! They did not tell us on the phone that the trails weren't really open yet so we slowly walked on our horses up and down the driveway and inside the ring... What an awful experience! I would not recommend this place to anyone. The lady who took us on a ride did not even speak to us. Their horses are not even clean. Everything is dirty and the people are rude. Please do not go here. The worst experience I have ever had horseback riding !!!!! And I have been horseback riding a lot. Please go somewhere else. I'm begging you!!!

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Alexandraaaaaaa
Wallkill, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome day of trail riding in the snow!!!”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My husband and I recently went trail riding at My Saddle Brook Farm and had a fantastic time! The owner Helen was so kind and introduced us to her staff. They had our horses saddled and explained what we needed to do. We were able to look around the barn, which is one of the cleanest I have ever seen. Everything was extremely neat and tidy and who would have thought a barn could be that clean! Kristina took us out on Sherman and Mystic. We dressed warmly and were able to enjoy a nice sunny day. Definitely would do again! Highly recommended!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank loridloralei
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Who would have thought that a 3, 5, and 6 year old could have learned so much.”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We came up from NYC and my 3 grandchildren were excited to ride ( and follow the chickens around) The weather was horrible but the closed rink was great. After a half an hour of "learning" and being lead around the kids took over as the trainers stepped back. How exciting (and maybe a little scary) to watch my 3 yr old grandson confidently ride the horse and direct it where he wanted to go. My granddaughter who is ADHD was totally focused and concentrated the full time. What a confidence builder for all three kids and what fun we had. Everyone was very kind & helpful

Visited January 2014
2 Thank mema2014
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Terrific day in the country!”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

The last three reviews below seem to reflect impatient people who wanted a day of luxury and had little patience for the slow pace and rustic ambience a farm offers. I notice they all have one review each and are from the city, so I kinda question their motives for posting such vociferously negative reviews. This is a working horse farm that strives to expand the equestrian experience for everyone and if you have the right attitude you'll have a wonderful time, like I did.

Visited November 2013