“Friendly Haven”
Review of Inn At The Ridge

Inn At The Ridge
Ranked #3 of 4 Wallkill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 April 2013

The Inn at the Ridge was the perfect place to go when we were desperate during our Hurricane Sandy nightmare. Sal and Bev were so welcoming to us and our dog and three year old son. The house and land were very relaxing and the food was superb. We will definitely go back...next time under more happy circumstances.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
yourhosts, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Hey guys,
Sal here. I know I sent you a thank you for your review but for some reason it did not go thru. I will restate that your Son was a dream and very well behaved. You guys were so wired and ready to explode and after the 1st day with us I noticed how much calmer you became. I have no idea how you managed with the Sandy thing and wish at this time you are looking at a bright summer ahead with Sandy in the rear view mirror.
Thanks for such a great review.
The guests are the outcome of our attention to what we can do for them..
I have been sending news letters out. If you have not received them please send us a not so I can tell you what special offers we are doing for the Month of August.
Thanks again and wishing you well
845-895-9251
www.innattheridge.com

Reviewed 23 April 2013

inn at the ridge cannot be beat.

from the adorable accommodations, to the gorgeous countryside (their property included), to the fact that it's pet-friendly, and of course, to sal and bev themselves who are just the loveliest human beings, we felt at home and taken care of. i don't think i've ever relaxed *so well*!

additionally, there are many excellent hikes nearby and wineries that should be checked out. an easy trip from nyc to poughkeepsie where you can then rent a car and drive a very short trip to inn at the ridge.
we will be back often!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
yourhosts, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Hi there Sassy,
I wanted to say that we sent you a thank you for a great review quit a while ago but it was rejected. I do not know the reason, maybe i said to much. I tend to ramble.
Thank you very much for a great review and for being kind in what you said.
Props to BK for us.
Wishing you well,

Reviewed 21 April 2013

My wife, three dogs and I have stayed here several times and will keep returning. The help is exceptional friendly and the inn is warm and inviting. There are plenty of activities near by from shopping and antiquing to climbing and hiking. I highly recommend Inn at the Ridge.

• Stayed: April 2013
yourhosts, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Hi John, Gina and Pups,
Thank you so very much for your continued support. Small local businesses like ours depend upon guests like you. We are humbled to know that you enjoyed your stay and mostly of your repeated visits staying with us here at “Inn At The Ridge”.
With warm wishes till we see each other again.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

My sister and I were visiting our old home town and stayed with Sal and Beverly for two nights. Their B&B is homey and charming and they are warm and friendly. The breakfasts were delicious! It was so convenient to all the places we visited and such a pleasure to come back to at night. I will definitely go back when I return to the area.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Hey Glen,
I know for sure we thanked you for your review. I do not know why it was rejected. Please forgive us for not responding sooner. You guys were great while you stayed here at our B&B. It was nice knowing a little bit more about you guys.
Thanks again for a great review.
Wishing you well

Reviewed 26 January 2013

Sal and Bev are the perfect hosts! I'm very glad I selected the Inn At The Ridge when I took a weekend seminar for my organization in the Catskills in 2012. It was the last weekend in August when my regular dog walkers (the main and the alternate) were both out of town! So, I had to take my pup (Jacques) with me. Not only did he like the surroundings (open fields to run around), he also got along with Sal and Bev's dog! He had a calming affect on Jacques. I appreciated Sal and Bev's patience with Jacques when I was out all day at the seminar. And the breakfasts were great! Sal makes the best scones I've ever eaten! Thank you again. I highly recommend this pet-and-guest friendly B&B!

Room Tip: The "West Point Room" was perfect! Clean, non-smoking, quiet, and comfortable. A/C worked...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We drove up from West Virginia and stayed over Thanksgiving week. It's a very charming farm house, that is well decorated, homey, clean and comfortable. We were pleasantly suprised at the hospitality, and really enjoyed our stay. The living room was a great place to re-group and relax in the evenings, with a very large selection of DVD's they have on hand.The breakfast was absolutely delightful. Bev and Sal are terrific hosts, and can recommend anything you would like to see or do in the Hudson Valley. The location is private enough to feel like your away from it all, but close enough to get to a major highway in 15 minutes. We stayed in the Hudson room which had a private bath. It will be very hard to stay in a hotel after being here! Bev and Sal, you made our vacation!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2012

My wife and I decided to make a last second weekend getaway and we found the Inn at the Ridge on the internet. Sal and Bev went out of their way to make the stay great. They welcomed us and our dog to the Inn with open arms. Our room, "The West Point " was nicely decorated with a comfortable queen size bed. The bathroom was newly renovated also.

Each morning Sal made an amazing breakfast. We got to meet two other couples who we instantly connected with which added to the experience. If you are looking for a place to stay with close proximity to all that the Hudson valley has to offer, we highly recommend the Inn at the Ridge

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallkill
Minnewaska Lodge
Saint Hubert's Lodge
Saint Hubert's Lodge
#1 of 1 in Marlboro
Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz

Been to Inn At The Ridge? Share your experiences!