“A Wonderful Dog Friendly B&B!”
Review of Inn At The Ridge

Inn At The Ridge
Ranked #3 of 4 Wallkill B&B and Inns
new york
“A Wonderful Dog Friendly B&B!”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My wife and I and our 3 pups are veterans of the dog friendly hotel, motel, and B&B circuit. We always bring or pups and won't leave home without them. We are also foodies and want not only a pet friendly experience , but also a good culinary adventure. The Inn at the Ridge satisfied and exceeded our expectations for both these desires. Bev and Sal, the owners and Inn Keepers, are lovely hands on folks who run the property on their own and clearly aim to please there guests at every opportunity. On weekends, they prepare a wonderful full breakfast essentially from scratch which includes, if you desire, local eggs made to individual order. They are subscribers to the Slow Food movement to buy, cook, and eat local. Sal is also a Culinary Institute of America alumni. They are very knowledgeable about the New Paltz area, surrounding towns, events, and destination spots including local dining. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone traveling with Fido, as well as those poor souls who are don't have a dog.

Room Tip: There are two rooms that don't have their own bathrooms. I would recommend trying to book one wi...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Jerry,
Every time I say this or write this I remember Seinfeld.
hello Jerry and Alex,
Well I knew you had something to do about hospitality after I read your newsletters.
Very interesting. I met Tim and Anthony as well. Anthony at a show a one on one and Tim in the hallway of chopped studios. I did a sitting, but I guess I was not as drama filled as they would have liked.
I wanted to thank you so very much for writing such a wonderful review. Especially after seeing what you do and obvious you LOVE what you do.
Thank you again and I am sending you our Newsletter so that if you ever feel that you would like to trek out this way again you are ALL welcome. There are many different events happening in these warm months. I am so absolutely sure you know whats happening up here but I would like you to check it out.
We wish you and Alex all the best and give a treat to Ozzie, Petey and Lucy. Hope I spelled them right.
Wishing you well always,

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 30 June 2013

When my boyfriend and I first arrived we had no idea what to expect, we've never stayed at a B&B before. Walking towards the house we were surrounded by beautiful gardens and country charm. Sal and Bev are great people who make you feel right at home. My boyfriend and I stayed in the drawing room, which has a blended theme of creativity mixed with a country vibe. I am no artist, but the art utensils that Sal and Bev provided made our experience even more enjoyable. The location of the inn is nearby great restaurants, hiking trails and wineries. We were able to fulfill our one day in New Paltz at the minnewaka state park, Robibero Winery, and then dined at the Tuthilltown Restaurant! It was a perfect day. The rooms and facilities at the inn are clean, and wonderfully decorated. Overall, the inn at the ridge is an amazing getaway...Bev and Sal know how to make a mean breakfast too! Thank you, we will be back soon :)

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank PrettyBritty22
Hi Brittany,
I would like to officially thank you for such a great review. You both were so welcoming as guests. Plus a great car.
We always try to do our very best for all our guests and I guess you noticed.
It was a pleasure and wanted you to also know that I send out a weekly NewsLatter to all our past guests. It helps them decide what to do when before they get here. Antique Hunting or Vineyard hopping. It is all good whatever you choose to do.
Wishing you well and maybe we will see you both again.
Check the newsletter I sent you. We have real nice specials coming up.
Dalton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Bev and Sal help make this sisters weekend an enjoyable experience. After a long day at the Country Living Fair we looked forward to returning to the Inn for rest and relaxation. The Inn is quaint and inviting and the breakfast is a treat to look forward to. Great atmosphere, great food and great friends. Thanks.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Hello Cindy,
I would like to officially thank you for such a great review. You sisters were so welcoming as guests.
Again We thank you for the kind words.
Wishing you well and maybe we will see you both again. Maybe the nest Country Living. We already have 1 room reserved.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The Inn at the Ridge is simply sublime. From the welcoming and gracious hosts to the charming antique filled home to sprawling backyard and pond to the fire pit and s'mores to the fresh baked scones and bountiful breakfast spread, everything was simply perfect! The Inn is perfect for couples or families and it is pet friendly to boot! When you are arrive you are greeted by Bev, whose warm smile and genuine kindness is infectious. There are snacks and drinks and chocolates in just about every room! The home is warm and cozy and has been thoughtfully and fully restored, while there are modern comforts like TV and AC, I highly recommend sitting on the porch swing or relaxing in the hammock. The bedrooms are filled with character and have amazing firm beds, which guarantee a good night's sleep. Did I mention the place is spotlessly clean? Besides all these wonderful things the breakfast was AMAZING! There was anything we could possibly want from fruit, yogurt and granola to scones to French toast to eggs and bacon. Hands down the BEST B&B breakfast I have ever had. I cannot wait to head back soon and to bring friends!

Room Tip: The West Point Room was great and has a private bathroom. The Lavender Room is perfect for kids, esp...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
GiGi,
Burleson, Texas
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We booked the Inn for our family to attend the USMA graduation. It started raining the second day we were there and didn't stop until we left, but getting back to Bev and Sal's homey place every evening made what could have been a really stressful trip more relaxing for us all. There was plenty of room for us to be together or get away from each other. Access to the well-stocked kitchen was great. You can't say enough for the breakfast that Sal cooks up. If you leave hungry, it's your own fault! They were the perfect hosts, available when you needed them and out of sight when you didn't. It was a little out of the way, but to get there and relax, it was perfect.

Room Tip: The front rooms (West Point and Hudson Valley) have showers and toilets, but you get the morning sun...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

yourhosts, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Hi Stephanie,
When your Family arrived here in May for the Graduation of your Daughter it was an honor to be part of your celebration, even though a small part of it. Your Family was so great with the rain we had that week. You all kept your spirits up and looked forward for the positive. My Son was born in Houston and I am so pleased that the attitude of the “Texan” has not changed. Cordial, Friendly, and always a great personality. We have another Texan Family for Graduation in 2014 from the Houston area. We look forward in yet another great family arriving.
Thank you for such a great review and a positive experience for us as well.
Bev Cooper - Owner
Stony Brook, New York
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Sal and Bev have created an atomosphere that is both warm, welcoming and very conducive to a relaxing weekend. From the moment of our arrival we were greeted by two of the nicest people who made us feel their inn is our home away from home. A rustic 1796 Farmhouse was the perfect setting,the bed so very comfortable, the grounds simply picture perfect and the morning breakfast was as delicious as it was hearty. We enjoyed our breakfast with another couple that stayed at the inn. We ate, laughed and shared stories about our lives and pets. Yes, this is a pet friendly B&B, however, It was so clean you'd never in a million years think guests stayed here with their dogs. Yes this is the place to come when traveling with or without your pet. We will be sure to stay here again!
Thank you Bev and Sal for a wonderful weekend!
John and Kathy L.
Stony Brook, NY

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
John and Kathy,
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Bev and Sal have made the Inn at the Ridge a cozy destination for those visiting the Hudson Valley. They ensure you feel welcome with snacks, drinks, and movies available for you to use as you please. The breakfast is amazing - multiple courses, freshly made that morning. We hope to go back again sometime soon, especially because of their dog-friendliness.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

yourhosts, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Hi Again Sonia,
We would like to thank you so very much for the kind words you have written on tripadvisor. It means so much to us that you leave relaxed and happy with what you experienced here at Inn At The Ridge.
We hope to see you again in the future.
Also informing you that we will be sending you a newsletter every month to let you know whats happening in our part of the Hudson Valley.
All the best,
Bev & Sal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallkill
Minnewaska Lodge
Hudson Valley Resort and Spa
New Paltz Hostel
New Paltz Hostel
#1 of 2 in New Paltz

Been to Inn At The Ridge? Share your experiences!