“Pleasantly Surprised”
Review of Inn At The Ridge

Inn At The Ridge
Ranked #3 of 4 Wallkill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Great hospitality, Executive Chef Owner that takes very good care of your breakfast fare. Located on rolling hill country with a view of the mountains in a homey farm house. We felt right at home. Thanks.

Room Tip: Only 4 rooms to choose from. This is a small farm house which provides a unique experience. The food...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
yourhosts, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you so very much for your review.
We take care and pride in what we do and thank you so very much for noticing this. We are a small 4 bedroom Bed and Breakfast and many times we say “Gosh if we had 10 more rooms we would sell out”, but reality hits us and we realize we clean the B & B ourselves. With that said imagine 6 more rooms?
We try to do our best and hearing from guests like you makes us realize how we are doing. One thing for sure we will continue to do what we do to keep “Inn At The Ridge” a cozy quant spot.
Thank you again for the kind words.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

My husband and I needed to get away from the stressors of everyday life, if only for a few days, and if only a few hours away. The Inn at the Ridge was recommended to us by a friend who stayed there in March. We were skeptical at first because we hadn't stayed at a B&B before, but looking online and reading the reviews, we were instantly excited to try something new - and it was just what we needed - a relaxing, quaint, cozy, and comfortable farmhouse with such friendly and warm homeowners - Bev and Sal - that instantly made us feel welcome. And, it's pet friendly, too! I highly recommend if you're looking for a clean and relaxing atmosphere to just get away and forget your troubles! This is it!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hudson Valley Room - it had its own private bath and AC. The bed was extremely comf...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
yourhosts, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Shannon,
Thank you so much for your kind words and your description of the experience you had here at
"Inn At The Ridge”. As I have stated in other responses to reviewers, we try very hard to please and offer a quiet and calm resting area for guests that may have had stressors from business and everyday life. We also feel that a good meal to start the day off can add to a relaxed and happy experience. We hope to see you both again in the future.
Bev Cooper - Owner

Reviewed 1 July 2013

The owners make you feel like long lost cousins. I had a great time and look forward to visiting them again. My poodle had fun running and playing out in the back yard. The rooms are private and very comfortable and breakfast was fantastic---YUMMY

• Stayed: June 2013
yourhosts, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Good Morning Carol,
It was our pleasure hosting you and Gracie. Your review becomes so helpful with other travelers and us. For us it lets us understand what we did , how we did it and how to correct anything that needs correction.
Your words are very kind and we thank you.
Please feel free to visit us anytime in the future. Our doors will always be open for you.
Wishing you well.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Bev and Sal are great hosts. We always travel with our little Poodle Gracie, and she was met with open arms. Breakfast was wonderful and plentiful..if you left the table and were still hungry, then you did not eat all that was offered to you with seconds, if you so desired. If we ever have to make another trip upstate we will definitely stay here. Thanks again for your wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Good Morning Bill,
Thank you very much for the wonderful review that you gave Bev and I.
It was our pleasure to have meet you, your wife and Lovely Poodle.
As I explain to all of our guests , a review is so very important for others to understand what we do here at “Inn At The Ridge”.
Good or Bad we understand that we cannot always please everyone but we try our best. If there is a negative review we thank guests for that one as well. Without a review we really would NOT know how we are doing and what to correct.
Again, we thank you Bill and you family for helping others.Our door will always be open for you guys.
Best Wishes,

Reviewed 30 June 2013

My wife and I and our 3 pups are veterans of the dog friendly hotel, motel, and B&B circuit. We always bring or pups and won't leave home without them. We are also foodies and want not only a pet friendly experience , but also a good culinary adventure. The Inn at the Ridge satisfied and exceeded our expectations for both these desires. Bev and Sal, the owners and Inn Keepers, are lovely hands on folks who run the property on their own and clearly aim to please there guests at every opportunity. On weekends, they prepare a wonderful full breakfast essentially from scratch which includes, if you desire, local eggs made to individual order. They are subscribers to the Slow Food movement to buy, cook, and eat local. Sal is also a Culinary Institute of America alumni. They are very knowledgeable about the New Paltz area, surrounding towns, events, and destination spots including local dining. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone traveling with Fido, as well as those poor souls who are don't have a dog.

Room Tip: There are two rooms that don't have their own bathrooms. I would recommend trying to book one wi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
yourhosts, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Hello Jerry,
Every time I say this or write this I remember Seinfeld.
hello Jerry and Alex,
Well I knew you had something to do about hospitality after I read your newsletters.
Very interesting. I met Tim and Anthony as well. Anthony at a show a one on one and Tim in the hallway of chopped studios. I did a sitting, but I guess I was not as drama filled as they would have liked.
I wanted to thank you so very much for writing such a wonderful review. Especially after seeing what you do and obvious you LOVE what you do.
Thank you again and I am sending you our Newsletter so that if you ever feel that you would like to trek out this way again you are ALL welcome. There are many different events happening in these warm months. I am so absolutely sure you know whats happening up here but I would like you to check it out.
We wish you and Alex all the best and give a treat to Ozzie, Petey and Lucy. Hope I spelled them right.
Wishing you well always,

Reviewed 30 June 2013

When my boyfriend and I first arrived we had no idea what to expect, we've never stayed at a B&B before. Walking towards the house we were surrounded by beautiful gardens and country charm. Sal and Bev are great people who make you feel right at home. My boyfriend and I stayed in the drawing room, which has a blended theme of creativity mixed with a country vibe. I am no artist, but the art utensils that Sal and Bev provided made our experience even more enjoyable. The location of the inn is nearby great restaurants, hiking trails and wineries. We were able to fulfill our one day in New Paltz at the minnewaka state park, Robibero Winery, and then dined at the Tuthilltown Restaurant! It was a perfect day. The rooms and facilities at the inn are clean, and wonderfully decorated. Overall, the inn at the ridge is an amazing getaway...Bev and Sal know how to make a mean breakfast too! Thank you, we will be back soon :)

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank PrettyBritty22

Hi Brittany,
I would like to officially thank you for such a great review. You both were so welcoming as guests. Plus a great car.
We always try to do our very best for all our guests and I guess you noticed.
It was a pleasure and wanted you to also know that I send out a weekly NewsLatter to all our past guests. It helps them decide what to do when before they get here. Antique Hunting or Vineyard hopping. It is all good whatever you choose to do.
Again We thank you for the kind words.
Wishing you well and maybe we will see you both again.
Check the newsletter I sent you. We have real nice specials coming up.
All the very best,
Your Hosts,

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Bev and Sal help make this sisters weekend an enjoyable experience. After a long day at the Country Living Fair we looked forward to returning to the Inn for rest and relaxation. The Inn is quaint and inviting and the breakfast is a treat to look forward to. Great atmosphere, great food and great friends. Thanks.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Hello Cindy,
I would like to officially thank you for such a great review. You sisters were so welcoming as guests.
We always try to do our very best for all our guests and I guess you noticed.
Again We thank you for the kind words.
Wishing you well and maybe we will see you both again. Maybe the nest Country Living. We already have 1 room reserved.
All the very best,
Your Hosts,
Bev & Sal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallkill
Minnewaska Lodge
Saint Hubert's Lodge
Saint Hubert's Lodge
#1 of 1 in Marlboro
Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz

Been to Inn At The Ridge? Share your experiences!