“The place to stay in new York”
Review of Inn At The Ridge

Ranked #3 of 4 Wallkill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We have been very fortunate to stay in many great locations. My job took me of some of the finest hotels in the country. But, none as warm, inviting and comfortable as The Inn At The Ridge outside of Gardner, New York.
This is our second stay at this pet friendly Inn and it has been a joy to be here at the Christmas Holiday. The Inn is inviting and warm just like Grandmas house. The rooms are comfortable with great views of rich fields and the Shawangunk Mountain range.
We have relaxed, laughed and played with our dog “Spice”. A morning walk in the snow while feeling we are at home.
The area has a lot to offer from New York City (1 hour away), to Hyde Park, to many other small towns with quant shops. In addition you are a short drive to the USA Military Academy and many sites in the Historic Hudson Valley. Local restaurants ‘yum yum”.
We are looking forward to future visits.

Room Tip: Many areas for outside activities, for food, for shopping & for history
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Salvatore R, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Bill and Carol and Spice,
We are very fortunate tp receive guests such as you. Your attitude is what makes your stay as relaxing as you stated. Beverly gets all the credit for holiday decorating. She has the talent as an artist and definitely has the flair. The Holidays for us are a special time here at Inn At The Ridge. We take pride in being available to our guests all the time. If at any time our guests need anything, directions, reservations or a hint on the best antique shop according to us we are always pleased to give you our thoughts.
Spice, you both know my feelings about your girl. The breed, but especially her temperment. A wonderful pet for sure. I always enjoy time with her.
As always it was a pleasure hosting you and we hope to see you again in the future.
With respect and gratitude,
Beverly & Salvatore
845.895.9251

Reviewed 22 December 2013

This was a wonderful place to stay for 2 days. The owners, Bev and Sal, were most accommodating to my personal requests as well. Sal made me the best French Toast ever (with Lindt chocolate in it!). Yes, Chocolate French Toast! And they gave me a whole assortment of food to take home when I left today! In addition to the awesome French Toast there was a huge dish of fresh fruit (BIG blackberries included!) and Granola with all sorts of nuts to add to your fresh yogurt. Fresh Orange Juice, sausages, home made cookies, fresh coffee. You ask for it, they made it. The place was homey and friendly and they were the nicest folks you could ever meet. The bedroom was lovely and I slept on the most comfortable bed soundly. I wish I could have stayed longer! If you ever are going to visit New Paltz and the region around it, this is the place you should try to stay at!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Salvatore R, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

It was such a pleasure hosting you this particular weekend.
What you received from Beverly and I is what we do. I know if you have read our reviews it may sound the same but we take particular pride in each and every guest.
You for instance seemed like a down to earth man who is not bothered about much. You enjoy the arts and since you play percussion you just enjoy life in general.
We were happy you enjoyed your trip to the “Alex Grey” Exhibit. Since you mentioned this to us I decided that I am going to take my Nieces that are visiting this week there for a visit.
Thank you for your fantastic review of our Bed and Breakfast and how we treat our Guests.
When and if you return we will try and do it better.
Have a wonderful New Year.
Best Wishes,
Beverly & Salvatore’

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Nice place, and nice people. But not cleaned properly. My wife suffered an asthma attack (her first in 10 years) while staying at this place. She is very allergic to pet hair, and something in the room triggered her allergies. We've stayed at plenty of pet-friendly hotels and this has never happened before. Be careful about staying here if you are allergic to pet hair.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

My Dearest Bostonians,
I am so sorry you had such an uncomfortable time.
We use Hepa Filters in all our Pet Cleaning Dyson Vacuums as well as our Forced air circulators.
We feel cleanliness was and is not the issue then or ever.

Please understand, (and this is to other prospective vacationers that are wanting to visit us or other lodging) PET FRIENDLY B & B means that there are pets that stay at our Bed and Breakfast. PET means - Dogs-Cats-Birds.
We have had Cats and Birds, but mainly we have guests that are Dog owners of all sizes with fur as well as hair.
If I new that your wife had PAST Sever Asthma reactions to PETS, then I would have suggested another place to lodge.
I was so concerned as you know, when I called you after Bev and I returned from a cinema and reading your note.

Again I hope all is well.

Wishing you a Wonderful Glorious and Merry Christmas Holiday.
Beverly & Salvatore’

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I recently stayed at The Inn at The Ridge with 6 friends and we had the most amazing stay! It truly felt like home for the entirety of our visit. Sal and Bev, the owners, are so kind, accommodating and helpful! Our fridge was stocked when we arrived and they cooked us a delicious, home made breakfast each morning! On the first day, they even left brownies for us to return to in the afternoon, after we went out exploring.
The property is magical, especially with the autumn foliage. The inside is filled with fun antique decorations and the bathrooms are clean and stocked with clean towels! There is a ton to do in the town and we did a lot! We went apple picking, whiskey tasting, cider tasting and down to New Paltz for an afternoon of shopping! I am NOT typically a fan of the B&B experience, leaning more toward hotels but this experience has officially changed my mind! I would love to go back every year!!

Room Tip: The Lavender room and Drawing room do not have personal bathrooms but the others do.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
yourhosts, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Hi Caitlin,
It was so enjoyable hosting this group of great people. It seemed like you had fun while playing games at the table or sipping whisky. Friends like this become life long. You all had wonderful stories. Your friends that baked the cake were remarkable. We were so happy you used the kitchen. People always feel uneasy to use the equipment we have here. What was so respectful of all is that there was NEVER a mess left behind. We are so pleased that we offered you an opportunity to see what a Bed and Breakfast is operated like. I cannot say all do what we do, but one thing is for sure we enjoy the heck out of it. For the six years we have been open we have never had any major issues with guests (Knock On Wood). We do not claim to have the answer for everyone, but we try and help, give direction and keep everyone relaxed.
All seven of you would be welcome anytime. Thanks for being GREAT Guests.
We hope to see you and all your friends again in the future.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 25 October 2013

My wife, and our two dogs, have stayed at the inn on two separate occasions and both times were amazing. Bev and Sal are very gracious hosts. They have made the space extremely cozy and comfortable, and intimate as you wish to make it. In the recent year they have expanded the outdoor area which now includes a campfire which my wife and I enjoyed under the moonlight. Also ingredients which magically appeared on the kitchen table for us to make s'mores upon our return from dinner. Sal is an amazing morning chef as well. We always end up eating a light lunch because we stuff our faces with all the goodies he makes - the chocolate infused french toast is so yummy.

We look forward to our annual visit to the inn because it truly is a lovely escape from our city life in the fall. And visiting with Bev and Sal, and other guests who may be staying.

Room Tip: The rooms with the bathrooms are also the rooms with the best view to the sunrise...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

It was our pleasure to host you , your wife Geneva and your two Chihuahua’s.
We were so pleased to hear from you when you were returning this October.
Your Baby’s were well behaved and were very sweet just like the last time.
We appreciate you reviewing in TripAdvisor since it is the best way to know whats happening at different venues.
We thank you again for the kind words.
Wishing you all well until the next time.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Yet another GREAT stay at Inn at the Ridge. The great hospitality coupled with the inn's central location to hiking, climbing, antiquing and much more makes it the ideal location. My wife and I stayed with our three dogs who love the Inn as well. We were accompanied my son and his girlfriend who enjoyed sitting by the pond and on the porch. The Inn's owners, Sal and Bev, make you feel at home. I would highly recomend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013
yourhosts, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

John and Gina,
Thank you for bringing your Son and his Girl Friend. Scott seemed to be out of his element to start, but it seemed like he warmed up and became calmer and more relaxed towards the end of your week stay. I know you and Gina had a blast at the Hunter Mountain Area. There is so much to explore in this region for sure.
Thank you for staying with us again for your continued support of local businesses in our area.It is always a pleasure to see you both enjoying yourselves to the fullest. Your reviews are always such a pleasure to read. Thank you for your continued support.
Wishing you all well.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

It was an amazing experience staying at the Inn. The hosts Sal and Bev were very warm and friendly. The bedroom was comfortable and charming. The bathroom was clean and dry . We helped ourselves to the stocked fridge and Sal even gifted us a bottle of wine( for my husband's birthday). Our Pug Manny didn't want to leave at the end of our stay( although We were under no pressure to check out early). Sal laid out a wonderful Sunday breakfast and all the other guests felt like long lost friends . All in all it was a wonderful and warm experience. Highly recommended. Trust me you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: All the rooms are bright and airy. Try to get one with attached bath, although the ones at the back...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rachnadavid
yourhosts, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Hello Rachna, Witin and of corse MANNY.
First and foremost I must say again as I have said this when you were here, MANNY made me smile every time I approached him. His small presents gave off a hugh effect to me. His always happy wiggling self, wanting to be your friend with nothing to expect but a little petting.
What a joy he was for me and the guests.
Now, I wanted to also mention that your presents was rewarding for us. Your understanding of what we are doing here at “Inn At The Ridge” made it very easy to host you. Especially having never been tot a Bed and Breakfast before - you were very comfortable and relaxed which made us feel more at ease.
Thank you for all the kind words on your review. It makes it easier for the TripAdvisor Family to see what we actually do.
Our doors will always be open for you.
Wishing you well,
Bev & Sal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallkill
Minnewaska Lodge
13 mi away
Hasbrouck House
Hasbrouck House
#5 of 6 in Stone Ridge

Been to Inn At The Ridge? Share your experiences!