“Rude staff and owners did nothing to correct problem”

Umberto's Restaurant & Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Umberto's Restaurant & Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 87 Restaurants in Wantagh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Seaford, New York
“Rude staff and owners did nothing to correct problem”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

My wife went here with her friend and my 4 year old son and 1 year old daughter. Her friend was from out of town and she heard the food here was good. My wife sat down and ordered a pizza and some sodas. My 4 year old son began to play with one of the paper displays set up for a party. A male Hispanic employee then approached my son and began to scream and him causing annoyance and alarm to the entire restaurant. My wife confronted the staff member not to yell at a 4 year old because that is her job. When my wife said she didn't like his attitude towards kid he stated "get out". Lets remember this is a 4 year old boy he was yelling at!

My wife contacted the owners to complain and they did call us back promising to compensate us with gift cards and an apology. Nothing was ever done! Very unprofessional and we will never give this establishment one more dime of our money!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Haywood16

New York City, New York
“Damn!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Damn that's good pizza!! The test of the food served just as scrumptious. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013