“Great local restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Levittown, New York
“Great local restaurant”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have been there several times and the food is great. The other day we went there for a late lunch early dinner. I had linguini Luciano that's Calamari in a white wine sauce with toasted bread crumbs, this is oh so good. The Calamari was perfect, the pasta I believe was made in house. We enjoyed this restaurant very much.

• Visited May 2014

Forest Hill, Texas
“Why bother???”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Granted we were a large party (17 people)... One element of a restaurant can be lackluster and you can still enjoy the experience. But there is no excuse for dirty dishes (sticky coffee cup handles), bad service (our waiter disappeared throughout) with us having to ask waiters from other stations to fill our water glasses and food that was served one plate at a time. In addition, mine was "dead" on arrival (meaning that it sat in the window in the kitchen for a very long time) and I sent it back, unwilling to wait for another dinner.

The manager did comp dessert and coffee but given the rest of the experience, and the amount of good Italian food in the area, why go back? In addition, I thought they were quite expensive with some of the dishes upwards of $30 (for chicken --REALLY?), so I don't know why they have only 2 $ in their reviews... Maybe someone looked at the sandwich portion of the menu?

Basically, don't bother. Expensive, cold food with poor service...

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank still-hungrie
“Gem in a Strip Mall”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Restaurant pros:
• Great food at reasonable prices
• Consistency of chef
• Excellent specials
• Good wines with generous pours
• Abundance of food
• Nice atmosphere
• Long, raised bar
• Attentive Staff

Cons:
• Can be noisy
• Crowded on weekends

Recommendations:
• Calamari arriabiata – a wonderful blend of tomato sauce and spices made this dish delectable. There is enough here for three people.
• Monkfish with capers, broccoli rabe, potatoes and white wine sauce – superb.
• St. Peter’s fish with pistachio crust on top of risotto – simply delicious

This is the second time we’ve had dinner here. We were there recently on a Thursday night. There was wonderful a singer who sounded like a young Frank Sinatra. The owner has gone out of his way to make the dining experience pleasant. The food here is always consistent and good. I highly recommend that you try it during the week, because on the weekend it can be very crowded and noisy. Toro Pazzo, keep up the good work!

• Visited August 2013
Seaford, New York
“Not for families......”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Went here on a Friday night with my wife and two kids ages 2 and 5. When we walked in the place was empty and it did not appear family friendly because almost every table set up was for two people. There were four people at the bar which looks quite nice for a night out with friends.

The menu was diverse but slighty on the high side. I had the Frutti di mare $24 which was delicious and loaded with seafood. My wife ordered a special order of baked ziti....$18.95 for baked ziti with no sides or salad or soup is insane! Children had chicken fingers with fries which were $9. Restaurant had no covers or plastic cups for kids drinks. Kids milk was $2.50...really now?

Service was average and when we left at about 6:30pm there was no one at the bar and one couple eating. This is more of a place for drinks or a first date, Not good for families or large groups. I'd recommend thsi place change its name because I had no clue it was a restuarant until I saw the reviews on TripAdvisor.

• Visited August 2013
Long Island, NY
“A Local Find”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

There have been some good write-ups on this restaurant so my husband and I decided to try TP during the week. It is located in a small strip mall and you can't really tell how big it is from the outside. There is a large raised bar area but it wasn't that crowded and we were shown immediately to our seats . The bar looks like a nice place to come and just have a drink. It has that urban-industrial vibe and it was a little on the loud side.. The diners ranged from families with children to young couples to groups of older couples and service was friendly . The food overall was very good with a varied menu and daily specials.. We'll be back. .

• Visited July 2013