“Made me feel like a kid again”

Stony Kill Farm Environmental Education Center
More attraction details
Owner description: This series of nature trails, habitats and educational programs seeks to educate the public about the environment.
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I always drive by Stony Kill Farm and loved the rolling green hills that always seemed to have different animals on it. I finally got my chance to check it out during their Harvest festival.

I'm a huge fan of festivals, so this was just an extra fun trip. The house is a bit crowded, but I'm sure it seems like a zoo to kids that visit. I found it to be very informative.

During our visit they had hayrides, which were way too much fun, but always packed. We walked the length of the field and attempted to catch butterflies with the nets that were provided to us.

The barn was by far my favorite area. They had plenty of livestock when we visited, although this might not be the case year-round. It's an operating farm, so these animals are not permanent residents if you get what I mean.

Summary: It was really nice, but aim to go during the festivals so you have more to do.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Down to earth! You get close to the cows, the pigs, the chickens and the turkeys! Great trail with lots of critters! The CSA welcomes you!
A nice afternoon visit with the children!

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stony Kill attracts young deer, lots of geese, and has several animals of their own that graze on the land. The displays in the house were lame but the space is very promising for specific events. It's the only place where I've ever seen a wooded trail that's been prepared to be used by handicapped folks! Very safe area to walk around and let the kids run ahead. The trails connect to form a wider network, although i haven't walked them in several years.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

This is a good place to visit with small children to see and pet some farm animals. Not very large.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

We hadn't been here in quite awhile, but the trails were still pleasant and we enjoyed our hike. There is a farm with farm animals for the younger kids to see. We found the trails in good shape and without crowds. It's convenient to find, right on Route 9D. We plan to visit again soon.

2  Thank dengaro