Stony Kill Farm Environmental Education Center
More attraction details
Owner description: This series of nature trails, habitats and educational programs seeks to educate the public about the environment.
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We took our class of preschooler's here for a day trip. The staff was nice and helpful. Area available to picinic and presentation by staff was well put together. You are able to pet many of the animals. The animal selection at the time of our vist was your basic farm animals (Chickens, Cows, Ducks ect...)

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Buildings were closed due to funding. Thought it would have been a good place to walk the trails, but the trails were overgrown. Walked a handicap trail. It was short, but cleared. Maybe at another time it would be a nice place to visit, but not today in May.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

The Stony Kill Farm is a great place to go. The baby sheep have just been born and they are out there baaaa-ing with their moms. The cows are out and the ducks are on the pond. The farm is a great place to walk during all seasons. I walk there in the winter months because the roads are paved and there is no ice or mud to fall on. Also, the fields are gorgeous and the animals are usually out even in winter. Across the street is the Muller Pond trail which is a nice loop through fields and around the pond. It takes about 15 minutes to walk the loop and it is not arduous. You can also see the barn for the farm across route 9D. If you take the turn onto Red Schoolhouse Road, there is a lot to park. Venture further down this road and see another lot on your left for another set of 2 trails around another pond. The walk will take you 40 minutes

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I always drive by Stony Kill Farm and loved the rolling green hills that always seemed to have different animals on it. I finally got my chance to check it out during their Harvest festival.

I'm a huge fan of festivals, so this was just an extra fun trip. The house is a bit crowded, but I'm sure it seems like a zoo to kids that visit. I found it to be very informative.

During our visit they had hayrides, which were way too much fun, but always packed. We walked the length of the field and attempted to catch butterflies with the nets that were provided to us.

The barn was by far my favorite area. They had plenty of livestock when we visited, although this might not be the case year-round. It's an operating farm, so these animals are not permanent residents if you get what I mean.

Summary: It was really nice, but aim to go during the festivals so you have more to do.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Down to earth! You get close to the cows, the pigs, the chickens and the turkeys! Great trail with lots of critters! The CSA welcomes you!
A nice afternoon visit with the children!