“Good food didn't make up for bad atmosphere”
Review of The Egg Diner - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Egg Diner
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My biggest complaint about this place is the overwhelming, sickening deep-fryer smell. Yuck. C'mon, guys! Get some ventilation in there; at least open a window! Also, the dining room was dark and unwelcoming. It wasn't immediately obvious if we were supposed to wait to be seated or seat ourselves.

We were served by the owner, who was kind and knowledgeable about her menu. We didn't wait long for our food, but it also wasn't very busy. The food was good. I had the corned beef and hash and my husband had crepes.

The building used to be an Asian cuisine restaurant, but in the past year it has become this little breakfast place. Some reviews online call it "The Egg and I," but the sign out front says "The Egg Diner". Not sure what's going on there. They definitely don't have any online presence and they aren't on Google Maps yet.

I'd go back, but the food wasn't good enough to excuse the smelly, dark atmosphere.