“good old fashion fun”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warrensburg
Ridin-Hy Ranch Resort
chittenango
“good old fashion fun”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My friends have been trying to get me to go to Ridin-Hy for years and I never went because I don't like horses. But we joined the other families and went. I really almost cried when I saw the beautiful lake and the setting. I travel a lot all over the world. I also go to the adirondacks so its not like I have never seen beauty before. I think what choked me up was this.. We have visited many large old adk resorts that have pictures of what it was like in their prime. Well this place is exactly like it was in the 1940's. The accommodations are clean and great. And all the kids just having good old fashion fun playing every thing available. The entertainment was fun .There were no real rules jus good old fun. We went April 13th and it was plenty busy. So happy to see an old fashion buisness still so successful. Oh by the way I did not ride and still had plenty to do and just as much fun as the riders

Room Tip: There are so many different options. If you are a light sleeper get a free standing A frame. The roo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ajknight

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The staff is amazing. The location is perfect. The price is right. A weekend at the ranch has something for everyone.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank nikkifaith86
Saratoga Springs, New York, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Horseback riding swimming paddle boats and the lunch.

Rocky Point, New York
Reviewed 7 March 2012

For the people who were expecting a "5 star hotel", look elsewhere. Ridin' Hy is a ranch. You should expect it to be rustic, relaxing, no frills place. This place is all about the experiences not the rooms. This was our 6th year coming back. Our children sort of grew up here, learned how to ski and snowboard here; experienced horseback riding, snow mobiling, ice fishing, doon buggies, tubing, etc. I do have to say, that now that the "kids" took over, things have changed, including the price with few improvements. Staff very friendly. Food was good, but again not lobster and steak. More "down-home cooking". Meals served fast & hot. Breakfast was our favorite meal. Kids, now 10 & 12 look forward to it and count down the days after Christmas every year!

Room Tip: Bring your own beverages. Served is water and fruit punch, coffee, tea. Lots of dollar bills.
4 Thank kjp5
Rocky Point, New York
Reviewed 2 March 2012

After many hours of research online and phone calls to the "resort" my family decided this would be a wonderful place to take our winter vacation. WRONG! I was absolutely horrified at the condition of the facility and the mis-information I was given by the staff. The rates where that of a five star resort but what we recieved was equivilent to maybe camping. We arrived about 12:30pmOur first experience was walking in to the "lodge" a run down filthy building with zero front desk personel. A women came out of the dining room (more cafeteria) to say she didnt know if our room was ready to go have lunch. This was a self serve sandwich buffet that all the meat and cheese were displayed on the table next to loaves of bread in the bag as well as salads still in their gallon "buckets" with spoons in them. Tables were filthy and chairs were damaged but neatly repaired with duct tape. I was hoping it was going to get better, I was wrong. We finally were told we could go to our room but there are no keys so just knock first. Seriously! The staff informed us to lock our valubles up in the car during our stay as none of the rooms had keys. Also go up ourselves and check to see if the room was clean yet, they didnt know. It was still occupied by previous guests at 3:15pm who were just leaving (checkout is 11am) so we returned to the desk and then were informed that we could wait there or do something until we wanted to check again. We were shocked but hoped still it would get better. It did not....All said and done we decided that we would not stay the five days and would leave in the morning. My family of four was charged nearly $600 for one night of terrible food and rundown accomodations. Do not be fooled by internet promises it was horrible beyond my imagination

12 Thank Denise R
Ridin-Hy, Owner at Ridin-Hy Ranch Resort, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
I am sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations. Our family has taken great pride in serving guests for over 70 years, and I believe this shows in our 4 ½ star Tripadvisor Rating. We will take your comments into account as we continually strive to improve our operations at Ridin-Hy. The day you arrived is one of our top 5 busiest check-in/check-out days of the year. We serve a sandwich buffet on that day to give those arriving and departing flexibility in when they wish to eat. The buffet includes fresh pasta salads, hot options, deserts, and a salad bar. The remainder of your meals would have been sit-down style. Check-in time is 1:00 and typically rooms are available by 2:30. The volume of changeover on that day caused your room not to be available until later.
There are a few items in your review that I feel are inaccurate. Our main lodge is a hand-crafted log structure built 30 years ago from trees harvested on the ranch property. It has tremendous character missing in some of today’s modern buildings and we receive countless compliments on it. Referring to the lodge as a “run down filthy building” seems inappropriate. We do not serve salads in “gallon buckets”. Salads are either served in stainless steel serving bowls or resin salad bar inserts. We do not have duct tape on any chairs in our dining room. Your comments on the cleanliness of our facilities seem inconsistent with other travelers. We have an average cleanliness rating on Tripadvisor of 4 ½ stars.
I wish that you had come to one of us when you were at the ranch to discuss your displeasure. As owners, our family is always available to our guests to work with them on any issues that may arise. When asked if anything was wrong, your husband repeatedly stated you were leaving because something came up at work. We actually refunded your deposit as an act of good will, when it would typically be applied to the last day of your reservation.
Again, I am sorry that we were not successful providing a positive vacation experience for you and your family.

Tim Beadnell
Owner, Ridin-Hy Ranch Resort
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This will be put 4th year at the Ridin Hy Ranch and out kids look forward to it from the day we check out! They learned how to ski, the instructors are very patient and attentive. The staff are awesome! I really can't say enough about how great they are, they are always friendly and make you feel like you are family. There are so many outdoor activities from skiing, horseback riding, ice skating and snowmobiling, there are many indoor activited too. Such as swimming, bingo, bowling, arts and crafts. Oh and let's not forget the band City Limits! My kidsmhavenso much fun being kids, you and they forget that they are teens and just have fun!

3 Thank DotRatBoston
Clifton Park, New York, United States
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Rydin Hy Ranch...a gem in the Adirondacks for sure! This "dude ranch" is located on a beautiful secluded lake. There is nothing like sitting on your porch in the morning (every room has a porch!), watching the fog rise up on the lake and hearing the sound of horses!!

This is a great place to go with friends or family, any time of year. There are numerous activities for everyone no matter when you go, no matter what your age. Horseback riding is available all year. Winters include skiing (free lessons), skating, snowmobiling, tubing, etc. The price includes everything (with a couple items for which there is a very nominal fee). Summer includes swimming in the lake, paddle boats, banana boat rides, water skiing, indoor pool and hot tub, organized softball, volleyball or kick ball games, hikes, movies on the beach for the kids, etc etc etc and other activities (all year) organized by the social director. If you are bored, it is because you choose to be!

The staff here are friendly and very accommodating. This is a family owned business. The owners are actively involved with the day to day operations, always working to perfect your stay at the ranch!

The price...well what can I say....this is all inclusive. When you consider that the price you are paying includes food, activities and lodging, this is a great deal. If you've ever priced the cost of a 1 hour horseback ride someplace else or the rental of a snowmobile and you will soon realize that you can't go wrong!

The food is served in a dining room and is "down home cookin". There are numerous choices for breakfast. Lunch & dinner include 2-3 options in additions to items offered for the kiddies should they not like the menu or if they are picky eaters. You can eat as much as you want. Rest assured you will never walk away hungry!

The rooms reflect the ranch atmosphere (rustic, wood, decor) and are clean, comfortable and spacious! The cleaning staff are there everyday!

This is worth the trip. A great vacation place!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank DonnaGD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrensburg
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing
Scotty's Lakeside Resort
Scotty's Lakeside Resort
#9 of 88 in Lake George

Been to Ridin-Hy Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!