“Long Island Loved It”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warrensburg
Ridin-Hy Ranch Resort
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Stayed a week last year. One of the best times on vacation. Went to a lot of other places in Fla and Mexico, but this was real fun. Food was great, help was great. Horseback riding was great. Cowboys and Cowgirls could not have been better. Liked it so much going again in 08/10 with the older kids as well. Can't wait, just loved it

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 July 2010

We stayed here during the first week in July 2010. There was a heat wave with temperatures reaching between 95 and 100 degrees each day. I had read their web site extensively, but there was one main point that I did not understand, and that is the following:

There is absolutely NO AIR CONDITIONING anywhere on this property. That means (and this is the part that I did not understand) there is absolutely no airconditioning in the rooms, the cabins, no air conditioning in the bar, no air conconditioning in the lobby/check in area, no air conditioning in the dining hall, no air conditioning anywhere on the property. So, if there is a heat wave, there is no where to go to get releif. I assumed there would be at least one area for a/c but there was not. Even the regulars who go every year like who have been going there for 20 years, were complaining about the heat. The only relief was jumping in the lake. However, after getting out of the lake, the heat would be overwhelming again after about 20 minutes. If we could have slept in the lake, we would have.

We tried to use the portable fans in the rooms, but sleeping was pure misery. We were so sweaty, that showering was useless because the sweat was just fresher sweat a few minutes later. There was no releif from the heat anywhere on the property. I asked where the nearest air conditioning was, and apparently is was a number of miles away in the nearest town. After the first night, we found ourselves just trying to ENDURE the vacation instead of trying to ENJOY the vacation. Sleeping was a terrible proposition, and we could not get a good night of sleep. After the first night, I asked the front desk if we could shorten our stay. They were able to shorten our stay from 5 nights to 3 nights by renting our room to other people. Otherwise, we would have lost a few hundred dollars. So, we left after three nights and headed for air conditioning.

I would advise any friend that this is a great place, but beware of booking during the summer months due to no air conditioning. Watch the weather forecast before your vacation starts. We heard that one guest went to the store and bought a portable air conditioner and put it in his window of his chalet for air conditioning. The food was good, and there was entertainment every night. One other note, we were only there for three nights, but it seemed like longer since there is so much to do. So, don't be afraid to book for only three nights, it seems like much longer. One final note, bring bug spray....you will need it at night, and they don't sell it in the gift shop. My husband was in pure misery, but strangely he really wants to go back. Strangely enough, we are already looking into going back for our next trip there. We had good memories, though at the time I just wanted to get out of there. It is like a cruise on land with all room costs, food and entertainment included. But, we will go during cooler months or we will consider bringing an air conditioning unit (someone said there are now stand alone units that don't even have to go in a window...will look into that). They could have actually rented out a/c units at the front desk and we would have paid handsomely for one.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank esther046
Reviewed 15 July 2010

We just returned from RHR where we spent 4 nights. It was not nearly long enough. The kids, aged 9, 17, and 19 were all bummed out when it was time to leave. It truly is a perfect family vacation. The staff is committed to making sure no one says, "I'm bored". Hoffy and John are just terrific, full of energy and fun and our waiter Colin was a hoot! I talked to one family who have been going there for 27 years! Is there a better recommendation than that???

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I first attended this resort in 2001 and have gone back every year since my first visit. My Cousin and his family have been going up for years before me and he had asked me to come in 2001. I asked him what it was like and he said its lots of fun, when I asked about the accommodation’s he told me there were No room TV's, No AC and No Phones (I thought he had lost his Mind). I was very hesitant at first but then decided to try it out. When we arrived we drove through the woods down this gravel road for roughly 3 miles, as we approached the ranch it opens into a huge area that is on Lake Sherman in the Adirondack Mountains of Upstate New York. Everyone there is very warm and welcoming and there are constant activities going on. There's Fishing, Horseback Riding, Water Sports, Professional Rodeo, Guest Rodeo, Hay Rides, Softball, Tennis, Archery and so much more. My Kids did not know what to do first! My worries of today’s modern conveniences where not even a thought. We were so busy we did not care if we had a TV or a Phone to annoy us; we stepped back in time when families found ways to have fun. Families did not sit around ignoring each other and staring into Computer Screens or TV’s, but instead we all communicated and had fun together. The kids went off and played with the other children who where there. The adults all interacted and made friends with each other. It was like a big family vacation, and every year the same people come up on the same week and everyone re-unites as we watch our kids grow every year as we all meet up at the lake in August. The weather I have found can be very warm at times in August but it is always at least ten degrees cooler then it is down in town. You must remember you are up in the Adirondack Mountains. The ranch is at about 1,800 feet above sea level and at night you really feel the difference with the altitude that you are at. I must say there are times in August that at night you need a sweater after it was just 85 during the daylight. You can always go to the dining hall and catch up on news or a ball game on their big screen TV’s. There is a pay phone but those with good cell service will not have a problem making a call. For those of us that can’t imagine not checking our email, you can connect while you are watching TV to the free wireless Wi Fi connection that is broadcast in the main hall.
The only place I feel they need to make Improvement is in its Dining Room, I along with many others feel it’s time to break the bank and at least put Air Conditioning in the Dining hall. It can get very hot in there and the fans just don’t cut it on a warm day. Maybe add a few changes to the menu and do some updates to the older Cabins that need it. Other then that I give this wonderful place 3 stars, add the AC and you have the best Family vacation spot in the North East.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2010

Ridin Hy
By Dannie B.

The day I heard of the ranch Ridin’ Hy, I thought it would be a fantastic place to be, with all the horses, the food, and the fun rolling around in my head. And mostly the excitement! There are lots of horses and even space for sports.
The first day you will get a cabin, find out what “activity” you’ll be doing with the horses and what trail you’ll be riding on (depending if you know how to ride or not.) Then you go to your cabin and settle in with your luggage. At a certain time you will hear a bell ringing and that’s the time when you know it’s time to eat some DELICOUS food, the warm food melting in your mouth and the cold food giving you goose bumps. The meal in the morning was a glass of lemonade in the summer. The waiters/waitresses are really nice and helpful. They will bring you your food in such a little amount of time and they ask if it’s good and if you’d like anything else.
The horses are stunning and kind and cheerful. There was this one horse that my sister always had and loved it so she always would ask for it. His name…..was Butterscotch--he was a whitish butter color. He was cheerful all the time and he listened. Then mine was chocolaty brown, but sadly I can’t remember its name. It was so nice and always listened to me.
Then came the rodeo. It’s so cool. It’s not like a little “kid” rodeo; it’s like an actual rodeo. They have barrel racing, cow round-up and A LOT more awesome things that you can see! You can bring food, drinks, whatever you want!
Now let’s get to the cabins! They are made out of wood and they have so much room. The cabin that I stayed at was extremely nice and reminded me of home. There were 2 bedrooms, two bathrooms and one little ‘living area.’ The smell is the smell of oak and the rooms looked so nice and clean. It felt wonderful to stay in such a different place…..like my parents owned the whole ranch! We haven’t been on a vacation in a while and so that was really cool to see and ‘feel.’
The beach is beautiful, with baby blue water, and big enough for lots of people. Everyone’s feet sink in the sand that was as warm as hot tar in the summer when the sun is shining right on it. If you want a tan then that’s definitely where you want to go.
In the winter there are trail rides. You're able to see the graceful trees and listen to the horses trotting along. You can also ride snowmobiles and that’s so much fun! Also when you go on the trails you get to choose! It’s awesome! I really hope you go there any time that you can. Have FUN!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank DannieB17
Reviewed 10 March 2010

We arrived on March 3rd 2010 and stay until March 7th 2010, My husband and myself were meeting friends there, we had a BLAST, my husband went ice fishing, we went on a horse ride and sleigh ride, relaxed in the hot tub, watched our friend ski (I don't ski), went for a couple of snowmobile rides, we ate so much during each of the meals, The owners are all nice and the staff was great. during your stay you can play bingo, dance to a country western band, enjoy happy hour at their bar and wine and cheese, there is always coffee and hot chocolate available. I would highly recommend Ridin Hy Ranch to everyone big or small, young or old....ENJOY!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank furnituremill
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Love it, love it, love it....this will be our 6th year at ridin hy, we have children all ages (infants to teens) and they all love it...our group gets bigger and bigger every year and we cannot wait until june to return, We have many happy memories and the staff couldn't be any nicer.....

• Stayed: June 2009
3  Thank nastynana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrensburg
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
#4 of 7 in Warrensburg
Alynn's Butterfly Inn B&B
Alynn's Butterfly Inn B&B
#5 of 7 in Warrensburg

Been to Ridin-Hy Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!