“A wonderful Italian family”
Review of Silvio's Villa

Silvio's Villa
Ranked #5 of 6 Dessert in Warwick
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Greenwood Lake, New York
“A wonderful Italian family”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Silvio's Italian Villa is a wonderful destination in Warwick! It is family run by 3 generations of actual Italians. The front of the restaurant is an old converted home with an interesting history and charm.
Myself and family come here often. The service and food is always excellent. I am a huge fan of seafood and there zupa de pesce is one of my favorites. With free live bands, paid comedy nights and many other forms of entertainment you cant miss.
The restaurant is always decorated for the changing seasons and holidays.The Halloween party(also free) this year was awesome! I have also noticed in the past few years they are updating the look of the restaurant. The bar/ball room has been completely redecorated and is a great place for your banquets.
always a good time here.

New York City, New York
“Not good in any way.”
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Didn't like the food. Didn't like the service. Didn't like the hostess. Liked the waitress personally but she was not good. I will not be back. Boo.

1 Thank Rickysmydog
denver
“Rude hostess, so so food, questionable service in a unique setting”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The restaurant is in an old Victorian house and it was full of lovely Halloween decorations. That was promising, but...
-the hostess was rude when we walked in and did not seat us in the room we requested even though there were open tables
-we were seated right in front of the station where the water pitchers were kept but packed in so tight a couple of our party were constantly being hit in the back as the wait staff came in and out
-service was slow overall, we had to ask for bread multiple times, we resorted to grabbing the water pitchers behind us to fill our own glasses, they brought no plates for appetizers so we used our bread plates, dirty plates sat on the table until we asked them to clear it, they brought us different wine than we ordered, etc...
-food was so-so, I had a veal dish, the veal was well cooked but the sauce was bland. Similar reviews from others at the table.

So overall, not a keeper even though the setting is lovely.

2 Thank earthgirlDenver
New York City, New York
“Not worth the trip”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Its in a lovely setting in a charming old home from times gone bye. The staff is nice and friendly, the service is soooo slow, and they kept getting little things wrong.Bread did not come out quickly, olive oil never arrived. There wasn't anything memorable either, I can't say it was awful as it wasn't. This could be a really great spot with the right chef and the right staff.

I did not feel catered to, or really attended to, there was no reason for this. I just can't say I would go back there.

• Visited September 2013
new jersey
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had considered this place for dinner on our first visit to Warwick, and I'm glad we did not choose it. We ended up there after dinner at another restaurant, because we saw they had a live band. We sat in the bar, there were two other tables of people, one of which left shortly after we got there, and nobody else sitting at the bar. The band was "Classic Rock", they were good, but not my type of music.
I like flavored vodka, usually cherry, or vanilla, but I prefer Stoli Vanilla. They did not have any cherry vodka, but a bunch of other weird/random flavors, and the only vanilla vodka they had was absolut.
After my first drink (with diet coke), I ordered a 2nd, and the bartender put down what looked like Absolut and water. I asked if she had put diet coke in it and she said "yes, I was wondering it looked really light, maybe the coke is getting low". I tasted it, and it tasted like vodka with seltzer and no coke. Instead of saying they could change the tank and fix it for me, she offered me regular coke instead. Um, if I drank regular coke, wouldn't I have ordered that originally? I said no thanks, then she offered to open the diet coke from a bottle, fine.
They had the nerve to charge $8 per drink at this place - with absolutely no atmospher whatsoever. I don't mind paying that much when it is a nice place with good atmosphere, but this is by no means a bar in NYC, and these drinks weren't worth more than $6.
Overall, we would not return, and I certainly would never eat dinner there.

• Visited September 2013