“Just a sweet little place”
Review of La Petite Cuisine - CLOSED

La Petite Cuisine
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Warwick, New York
“Just a sweet little place”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

For a brunch, especially a place where ladies like to meet and gossip, young people stop in and business meetings occur upbeat friendly atmosphere. Dishes are European - while Railroad Ave is not the left bank of Paris, the piazza and the neighboring antique shop and other eateries do Warwick proud.

• Visited March 2013

Vernon NJ
“A Rip off!”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I have eaten here twice before and had good experiences both times - last time was maybe a yr ago. Today had lunch there with a friend and will never go back. Our waitress was very nice but we both ordered a chicken salad sandwich. It was a special. We were not sure of the price but it sounded deliciousl The sandwich came and I kid you not there was hardly any chicken salad on the sandwich. We told the waitress and I suspose she told the owner. She told us she would charge us for 1 sandwich instead of 2 which seemed fair. When we received our check however 1 sandwich was 11.95!! which meant each sandwich was $6!! There is more meat on a MC Donalds regular hamburger. We both ordered tea and mine came with lukewarm water- I didnt dare complain again. The owner was also there and NEVER even came over to speak to us yet she found time to speak at length with other customers- I found that rather odd. Something has obviously changed here,

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank kirkieblue
Lynbrook
“Love the sandwiches!”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Good service, delicious sandwiches ..all at a fair price. Dining outside in the shadow of the historic building with a view of the old railroad station adds to the quaintness of the restaurant. Inside can be a bit cramped, but the intimacy is charming in itself.

• Visited August 2012
Warwick, New York
“Favorite lunch spot!”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for eight years and LOVE it! Food and service are wonderful. Great atmosphere, decor, and staff!

• Visited November 2012
Highland Lakes, NJ
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Heard good things about this place and wanted a nice late Sunday breakfast/brunch. And I had a coupon from their website for a free dessert crepe with any lunch. Called ahead and were told they serve until 3:30. Arrived around 3 and was unimpressed with the décor. Cramped, uncomfortable wooden chairs, looked liked it needed a good wipe down. Outside is cute, so probably better in warm weather if you can eat outside. Ordered coffee and placed my free crepe coupon on the table. First disappointment: no “American” coffee—only espresso. I hate espresso but since I was having breakfast, I ordered it. Had to put so much cream in that it got cold and even more undrinkable. Wasn’t offered cappuccino, which I would have liked. Requested the Oeufs en Casserole. Second disappointment: breakfast is only served until noon. (There are only 4 cooked breakfast items in a place that only serves breakfast and lunch so I really don’t know why they couldn’t offer breakfast all day. In their defense, the menu did list the hours when breakfast was served.) Instead, since I was saving a crepe for dessert, I ordered lentil soup and Panini Genovese. Lentil soup was fine, but significantly under seasoned. Had to add salt and pepper twice. Panini was an open sandwich with TAN toasted bread, TAN caramelized onions, TAN chicken sausage (which was not nicely grilled nor charred), seriously anemic tomatoes which might as well have been TAN, and TAN provolone, alongside a TAN lentil salad. Flavors were fine. Visually unappealing. Waitress then asked if I would like dessert and I pointed to my free coupon which had been in full view the whole meal. Third disappointment: She said sorry, but the kitchen was closed. She gave it back to me suggesting I use it another time. I politely declined.

• Visited December 2012