“peaceful, beautiful, relaxing, comfortable, cozy, charming and clean”
Review of Sleepy Valley Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warwick
Sleepy Valley Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Warwick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 April 2011

We stayed at the B&B for two nights. We absolutely loved it! We loved the rooms, the beds were so comfortable. We sat in front of the fireplace and talked about how we found the perfect getaway. The rooms were very clean. The bathrooms looked as if they were just renovated. John and Peg treated us like family. The breakfast was great and John and Peg went above and beyond to make everything perfect. It is a wonderful place to stay. Everything was perfect. It is a hidden gem.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 April 2011

The place looked like a fixer-uper from the road and never got better. The outside clearly needs some work in addition to some landscaping and general tiddying up outside and in. Cobwebs adn dust inside along with rust on the heating unit. Our room smelled like old blankets -- not dirty, just kinda like your grandmother's house. Breakfast was ok. Nothing special and nothing you couldn't get better at a diner. Everyone was friendly, but just not at all what I was expecting with regard to the facilities.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2011

My family occupied all the rooms at the Inn. We were in town for our sister's furneral. Jon and Peg went above and beyond to make us comfortable and welcome. The accomadations were excellent, the made to order breakfast delicious and our hosts thoughtful and gracious. At such a sad and stressful, it was comforting to be with family and in the hands of such a caring couple.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2010

My siblings and I booked a weekend at this bed and breakfast for our parents for a special gift. I've stayed there twice before, and so knew that my parents would love it, but was happy to hear just *how* much they loved it and how wonderfully they were taken care of. The innkeepers [John & Peggy] were so helpful, from the moment I booked the weekend; they called me to confirm receipt of the reservation and said that you were changing their room from the one that I had chosen, to the biggest room they had.

My parent's loved their room and the whole bed and breakfast. They also enjoyed the sister establishpment, Yesterdays Restaurant and Pub, very much. When they asked about local wineries, John and Peggy suggested one in particular, which they fell in love with. And when they came back from the wineries, they found 2 wine glasses that John and Peggy had placed in their room so they could enjoy their wine...so sweet!

They really had so much fun on their weekend trip; they're still talking about everything they did and how much they enjoyed it...they can't wait to go back! I am so thankful to John and Peggy for everything...the wonderful businesses they run, the clean bed and breakfast, the helpful suggestions and the delicious food. I recommend Sleepy Valley Inn to everyone mentioning a getaway to upstate New York. I can't wait til I get to book a stay for myself again!

Reviewed 28 October 2010

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of staying at Peg and John's terrifec bed and breakfast for two blissful days. The location is quiet with no noise or disturbances but close enough to the center of Warwick so that we could spend time walking the town and browsing in all the stores. Then it was on to one of the restaurants for dinner. We chose Yesterday's, which is also run by Peg and John. It has the feel of an old-time pub and the food (generous portions) and desserts are delicious.
Finally, we went back to our room to enjoy the gas fireplace and the jacuzzi. Peg and John served us a huge breakfast on both days of our stay and there was also a nice common room where we could chat with the other guests, if we felt like company.
Peg and John were also very accommodating when we asked for advice about sight-seeing. We went wine tasting, visited the artist village of Sugar Loaf and even went to the drive-in!
We would definitely recommend the Sleepy Valley Inn as a great place to unwind and relax and we plan on going back as soon as we can!

Reviewed 18 October 2010

Peg and John are very nice people to deal with. Its like they know you for years. Breakfast will last you most of the day. The rooms are nice and very clean. Great location, and they will give you places to visit. We would go back again.

Reviewed 6 September 2010

What a wonderful weekend getaway! We spent last Saturday night at The Sleepy Valley Inn in Warwick NY. Although it was a holiday weekend, John the owner graciously allowed us to have a one night stay, instead of the 2 night minimum for the holiday, and I’m so happy he did!
Before checking in my boyfriend and I stopped at the Renaissance Faire in Tuxedo NY (only a short drive away). It was both our first time there, and I highly recommend it. We bought our tickets at Walgreens for a discounted price and spent the first half of the day there. We threw axes, and challenged each other with our accuracy of archery [I won :) ], we saw a knife show, I got my hair braided and we drank delicious mead.
After the fair, we called John and Peggy (the owners of the Inn) to see if it was ok to check in. They run the local restaurant/ bar in town (Yesterday’s) and met us at the Inn a few minutes later. John showed us to our room, The Murphy Room, and took our breakfast and coffee order for the next morning. We mentioned to John that we would be going to the Drive-In that night and he told us to stop by the restaurant to pick up free tickets. What a great bonus!
The room was awesome! Huge hot tub for two, gas fireplace (didn’t get a chance to use it), nice flat screen HD TV with almost every cable channel you would want to watch. Even though this is a bed and breakfast, we had a lot of privacy. We didn’t see any other guests, and our delicious, made to order breakfast was at a table for two.
There is also a computer and phone available for complimentary guests use in the common area of the Inn.
After getting settled, we stopped by Yesterday’s and had a couple of drinks, the staff was very nice and the crowd was mixed with families having dinner and locals having a drink at the bar. Although we would have loved to have had dinner here, we had already made reservations at Coquito, another restaurant in town (see my review). So after thanking John and Peggy for the Drive Inn passes we took a short walk through town to Coquito. After dinner we went to the movies and then home for a soak in the huge hot tub.
As promised by John, our coffee was waiting for us in the morning in the dining area. We woke up early and went for a walk before breakfast. When we came back John and Peggy were there with our home made gourmet breakfast.
We have stayed in many Bed and Breakfasts over the years; however I can honestly say that this was the best overall experience we have had. I highly recommend staying here.
After checking out we went to the Warwick Winery. While there went apple picking, listened to live music and relaxed on the grass with a bottle of Harvest Moon Wine and enjoyed our day.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LovesToTravel3131

Been to Sleepy Valley Inn? Share your experiences!