“Horrid food, even worse service.”
Review of The Dautaj at Warwick Inn - CLOSED

The Dautaj at Warwick Inn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Southampton, New York
“Horrid food, even worse service.”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We've never encountered such disorganized, rude and incompetent service.
Although we were seated quickly, we had an ever-changing parade of "servers", sidewaits, bussers, etc., take our drink orders, my own drink never materialized. We ordered antipasto, which arrived in tiny and far-from fresh portions.
A new face altogether angrily took our order while taking breaks from arguing with other staffers in Albanian, speaking condescendingly as if we lacked the need-to-know what they were discussing.
We waited for over 450 minutes after ordering to inquire as to where our order had gone, the waiter with whom we inquired then simply disappeared. I gave him 5 minutes then went to the waitstand, where our initial waiter explained that he'd find out where our food was; by then it became clear that they had simply never put the order in.
I asked for a check for our app.s so that we could simply leave, which led to further arguing, with me, in English, then amongst the staff, in Albanian.
Finally a waiter came to our table and announced that our drinks and apps would be on the house if we'd just wait for them to make the order right (as in actually bring us our entrees).
The entrees arrived, clearly nuked, my salmon was rubbery and without flavour save for the heavy, over-seasoned cream sauce.
We left after a few bites and paid up.
While Warwick, NY is fast becoming known for bad, faux-Italian restaurants and contrived, overnight "irish pubs" at every corner, The Dautaj definitely wins the prize for feeblest attempt at Italian dining and lackluster 2nd string mobster ambience.
The food? By far the worst I've experienced in Orange County.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank David W

N,Y NY
“Great dinner”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

The outdoor dining area was lovely. The music they played was very tranquil and set a great mood for dinner. The food was great. I had an eggplant dishes with spaghetti which I fully enjoyed. The service was great. The waiters were attentive and professional. It was a great atmosphere for a quiet dinner. Hope I have the chance to dine there again.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Bobbie007
“Fine dining in Warwick ny”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I came to Warwick ny looking to get away from the everyday hassles of the city. I stopped at this beautiful restaurant called the dautaj on Friday night. Soon as I entered I was greeted by the nicest staff and quickly got a table with live music. My husband and I ordered the scallops provincial and the chicken albanoti, when my dish came out I was astounded at the size of my meal which included a house salad, for dessert we had a homemade terramisu which was impeccable, the music was great, food was delicious, drinks were perfect and the staff was so kind to us, and the best part was the prices were reasonable. I highly recommend everyone to try the dautaj in Warwick ny

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Elizabeth2214
New York
“Poor service”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The food was okay but during our meal we watch the hostest become our waiter then the resturant bus boy and our dining needs had become secondary. So of course, we never returned.
Great setting but the service kill the experience of fine dining we were expecting for the money.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank ElviaJ
Warwick, New York
“Off the beaten path”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We usually stay closer to the Village, but have ventured down to this restaurant on occasion. Service is excellent, atmosphere is nice, and food is good. They sometimes have good music playing, and we've had fun dancing here. A bit pricey.

• Visited January 2013