“Best orchard in the area!”
Review of Masker Orchards

Masker Orchards
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Warwick
Warwick, New York
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Best orchard in the area!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have been to a few orchards in the area and I believe that the apples here are the best around. It is a very large property, so you do need to drive to each area of the orchard. You are given a few bags at the entrance to collect apples-- each bag that you fill is $26 (with tax) and each bag has a map on it to guide you to which type of apples are in what area of the orchard. It does get quite crowded on the weekends, so if you are able to go during the week, it is much easier to navigate around. The views of the Warwick Valley are beautiful from each area of the orchard. Signs on the trees tell you what type of apple it is and if it is ripe enough to pick. At the end of the orchard before the exit features a general store with all types of jellies, jams, relishes, etc and keepsakes from the orchard. They also sell apple cider donuts, pies, apple cider. This year, they feature pony rides and barnyard animals. Driving through the orchard has some rough roads, so if you do have an SUV, I would recommend bringing that over a sedan. A must see for the fall season!

Visited September 2013

Middletown, New York
“The old orchard ain't what she used to be.”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

While Maskers Orchards was always part of our annual traditional family fall outing from the city, after this weekends visit with three generations present, I don't believe we will be returning. We now reside in the countryside of the Hudson Valley and there are many more apple orchards from which to choose. The apples at Maskers are still great, the air is fairly clean to breathe although there are still smokers toking away with little consideration for people who don't want to breathe in their carcinogenic fumes. It was very disappointing that they actually sold out of the Cider donuts by 12:30 p.m. on a Sunday. One would think they would make more. While Maskers is celebrating 100 years in business it did not appear that they have reinvested a penny in their infrastructure specifically the Men's Lavatory. I really don't know how they can pass a county or state health inspection. The urinals are open troughs as for animals. The first stall I entered had a serious water leak from above splashing onto the urine soaked toilet seat. The handicapped stall toilet seat was also covered with urine. I opted to hold it in. I realize some men are pigs, however, the men's lavatory was not fit for beast nor man. Even though my wife said apples are less expensive in our local supermarkets and are locally grown I had no issue paying the $25.95 for the bag of apples since we did spend a short time on their property and I did enjoy watching my new granddaughter picking and eating an apple. It was a nice run for many years, but we cannot return until we hear that Maskers has made some sanitary improvements.

Visited September 2013
Warwick, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic!!! The views in this apple orchard are amazing!!!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This apple orchard is so much fun. It is the largest drive in apple orchard in the state of New York. It's over 200 acres. You can drive to pick your choice of apples. They have pony rides, hay rides and the most fantastic family friendly haunted house which is great for the whole family to have fun together! We laughed so hard! Come here and take in the beautiful views and pick apples right off the trees. Smell the fresh air and have a great fun country day. This place is great for a day trip and to just get away from it all. You leave with a smile on your face and you feel refreshed. Wonderful place to take the kids! It's great for all ages! The apple pie was delicious and we took home fresh made apple cider. We highly recommend Maskers Orchards. It is a must for your bucket list. Come here and you'll be so glad you did!

Visited September 2012
New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Good variety of apples.”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I went with my husband and my mother in law. We loved that they was a great variety of apples there and we tried to get three to four of each kind. The Orchard was 2 hours away from our home and we enjoyed the fall colours. It was a little crowded since it was columbus day weekend and it seems like there were other events going on also. the had a small pumpkin patch to "pick" apples. My husband was bothered by all the vehicles being parked in the orchards, the lady;s rooms were dirty; apple pie was cold and we had to use cash for most of our purchases. Leaving the farm was easy since i read most of the previous reviews so we packed all our apple into the bag given and paid the fee. the young man did a visual inspection of our minivan. but all in all we had a good time.

Visited October 2012
garden state travellers
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Pay for the experience!”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Loved this apple orchard. We've been to our fair share of places for apple picking and this is by far the largest w/ great variety! Get over the sticker shock for the cost of a bag of apples, wh/ we filled to the very rim, and is about the same of what other places nearby charge. Not to mention some places nearby dont allow you to eat or sample the apples on the premises.
It is very crowded on wkends, but there are enough apple trees around so that you don't feel the crowdedness at all! People brought full on picnic gear and set up shop right next to the trees or by their cars, next time we'll do the same, frisbee & football as well!
We thought we were done after filling up our bag of red delicious & macs, but on our drive out we stopped about 3 more times to sample the other varieties. Soooo good! And by the exit there was cute live entertainment, games for kids, food, store.
Thoroughly enjoyed this experience! Highly recommend it!

Visited October 2012