“Not what we expected” 2 of 5 bubbles

Washingtonville, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not what we expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

The sales/tasting room is part of the home of the owner and we weren't sure if it was open by the looks of things. Once inside, the owner offered us the tasting for $5 and proceeded to pour the different wines in rapid succession, we would still have wine in our mouths trying to get a sense of the flavor and he would be pouring the next taste into our glasses. We didn't have much time to enjoy each offering. The wines were not outstanding. We don't plan on including this stop on our next trip to Warwick.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank TnD80

West Milford, New Jersey
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

run by a little old italian man on the side of his house, The wine tastes like italian homemade wine, strong and tasty. Demarest hill is also a distillery! cash (or check) only!

Visited December 2011
1 Thank aRedLetterLife
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“quantity, not quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

Being really into wine, I had low expectations coming to this place since Hudson Valley isn't known for its wine. But we had time to kill and wanted to explore. I was still disappointed. This guy makes every wine possible and pushes them on you with an intense $5 tasting. No discussion on how the wine was made, aged, fermented. He kept saying how superb and great each ones were as he poured them. I thought the donation box for the driveway project was a bit tacky.

We were much happier once we arrived at Glenmere and ordered from their wine list.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank mattlowe
Brooklyn, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Get ready to taste everything under the sun!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

This is an interesting winery....although I think it is more of a distillery than a winery. It's a bid like stepping back into time. The winery is at the "home" of the wine maker which really adds to the charm of the experience. Fancesco (?) the wine makers is friendly but there is just something missing that I can't put my finger on. Every question you ask him his answer seems to be the same....everything is the best. To me the wines are average to below average. The best thing here is the balsamic vinger! I got a bottle and I am still enjoying it.

Visited May 2012
NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Happy Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

We came to this place by accident, but I'm glad we found it. There was nobody here, except the owners. The wife was not very friendly but she managed a smile. Her husband Francesco arrived and made it worth while. We tried everything he had behind the bar, reds, whites, cider, grappa, brandy, rum and even balsamic vinegar. He was super friendly especially once he found out I am Australian. He had one several awards at this years Finger festival, a silver and 3 bronze. He was a great host and a happy guy. I could see it being a good place to take a group of friends when its a bit warmer out.

Visited April 2012