“Beautiful Cottage, walk to Downtown” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ashford Cottage Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warwick
Ashford Cottage Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 8 Warwick B&B and Inns
Cranford NJ
“Beautiful Cottage, walk to Downtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I were looking for a a sweet, low key B&B that would make us feel spoiled as we celebrated our anniversary. We couldn’t have picked a better place! The cottage is absolutely lovely and comfortable. Very pretty Victorian decoration all around, I loved finding a new detail or decoration in every corner. Sadly it was a bit cool for us to use the pool, but it certainly looked inviting. The cottage is an easy walking distance from the village (about 3 blocks away) so location was perfect for us.

We stayed in the Emerald Suite and liked having our private entrance. The bed was super comfy, linens & towels were high quality, and the lovely bathroom and fancy shower with the extra jets were fabulous. It was nice having a large TV in the bedroom, and I liked looking thru the reading materials in the room. The room felt very private, even if it was next to the kitchen. We felt very spoiled with the wonderful, generous and delicious breakfasts we were served.

The cottage consists of 3 bedrooms, we got to tour the other rooms since they were empty and they are all very lovely and comfy looking. Wish we’d had a chance to enjoy the basement sitting room, but we relaxed in the comfy front porch while browsing the menus for local restaurants.

The owners, Terry & Liz, are lovely people who made sure we were comfortable and were a lot of fun to chat with. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnaCasa2000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
paxnrth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Cute cottage, comfortable room, with all the necessary with a British air, very accommodating host with an Irish accent, spotless clean and everything worked. Quiet, quaint village, 45 minutes from West Point when we went to a graduation. 1 hour 15 minutes out of New York and Jersey. Charming is the right word.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank paxnrth
Rosedale, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I wanted to go away for our fifth year anniversary but did not want to go too far as it would be our first long weekend away from the kids. As we love the Hudson Valley vineyards we narrowed it down to this B&B and what a great decision it was!! This was our first time at a B&B so we were both a bit anxious but all for naught. Terry and his wife are so sweet and run a lovely place. The room (Emerald suite) was beautifully decorated, as well as the rest of the home. Besides the aesthetics, the service was wonderful. Terry's breakfast spread were all delicious (Blueberry pancakes, croissant french toast, scrambled eggs) all served with sausage, bacon, pastries and generous servings of orange juice and coffee. The emerald suite had a beautiful gazebo attached to it that my husband and I relaxed in often and while there was a pool and I brought my bathing suit, alas, the weather did not cooperate. Terry provided us with a large assortment of menus of wonderful local restaurants and any questions we had regarding things to do in the area he was able to answer. If you want a change of scenery from your room there is a common room downstairs with an HD tv that you can also enjoy. Also, very importantly in our case, there is free wi-fi. Our service provider was not available so this was a life saver. I loved Warwick and absolutely loved this B&B. I would love to visit again and would absolutely recommend it!

Room Tip: Emerald Suite has a private gazebo and entrance way which is nice for couples looking for that addit...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

What a charming B&B. The owners are so friendly and warm. The accommodations are luxurious. Breakfast was delicious and more than enough. The B&B is a very short walk to downtown Warwick which is full of little shops and places to eat. Will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

First class accomofations! Excellent breakfast! Hosts were cordial, friendly and helpful!

We were wandering on a getaway trip when we stumbled onto this treasure. After checking out a local motel which was NOT inviting, we happened by this B&B. It was very pretty on the outside but we were not prepared for the wonderful atmosphere we found inside. We had our choice of three tastefully decorated duites. We chose the heather suite. It came with a jacuzzi tub, a sitting room with TV and operating electric fireplace tjhat added ambiance to an already cozy atmosphere. The bed was a huge comfortable four poster. Each suite had its own charm and appeal. The grounds were small b ut extremely well manicured and well laid out.

The weather was still too cool but there is an outdoor pool for warmer weather. breakfasts are not to be missed. At some B&B's the breakfast is more of an afterthought, At Ashford cottage the breakfast is a treats. Day one included well prepared eggs made with cream and fried in butter... rich and tasty! There was lemon poppy cake, moist and delicious. Jam and homemade lemon curd were provided for the delicious Day two we were treated to croissant French toast with thick maple syrup and there was a type of Cranberry cake that followed. Plenty of good coffee and tea,

Your hosts are warm and friendly. However we were on a "couples" weekend and they made it obvious that they would give us space to enjoy our time there, yet they were readily available if we needed something. Terry was very knowlegable about the surrounding area and attractions.
Warwick has an abundance of nice restaurants in town. There are a number of nearby wineries as well as a nearby drive-in movie that is one of a few left in the U.S.

Ashford cottage provided a first class place to stay. It is extremely clean and very comfortable. I will be back rhis summer for what I am sure will be another very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Heather suite has a great tub and sitting room. Emerald suite has a private entrance that leads o...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I came from NY after a long day of business meetings, having flown all nigh from South America, so I was exhausted. My mood changed immediately as I entered to this incredible place, where I am being treated as king.
My daughter lives here and she made the reservation for me.
Not having a very good previous experience with a B&B in this village, I did not know what to expect.
Now I can tell this has been the perfect choice.
Whay a peaceful place. I am staying at the Emerald Suite. I enjoy jogging and I have been out every day. On my run I can not but keep thinking of Terry's wonderful breakfast upon returning.
Julio Manuel Ayerbe
Bogotá, DC.
Colombia

Room Tip: Emerald Suite
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Maspeth, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

The experience was absolutely wonderful and completely authentic. Terry was extremely accommodating and made us feel so welcome. All rooms were super clean with beautiful décor. The Ashford Cottage is truly a gem and we can not wait to come back!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen
#6 of 8 in Warwick
Appalachian Motel
Appalachian Motel
#2 of 2 in Vernon

Been to Ashford Cottage Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!