“Chef/Owner Great Personal Service”
Review of vinum cafe

vinum cafe
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is housed in a building at The BRotherhood Winery,Washingtonville,ny 10992
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We visited on our 29th wedding anniversary for brunch before touring the winery. When we arrived, we were told that the Sunday brunch menu would not be available for this particular Sunday, which was upsetting to us as this is what we came for. The owner/chef, Christian, visited our table and explained that they could not serve eggs that day for the people who had come.

Christian offered us many other options that were vegetarian, but also could not make French Toast, which is what one of us really wanted. After seeing the look on our face, Christian said, "I want to see a smile on your face" and he proceeded to make French Toast and a couscous dish that was not on the menu for us to respect our vegetarian preference. On the menu was a Potato Leek soup which we also ordered which was fabulous. The French Toast and couscous was also terrific.

We were very thankful for Christian being so flexible in meeting our needs and really helped make our anniversary brunch special.

1  Thank davidml12124

Reviewed 13 July 2014

After booking the winery for a wedding, we had several dinners at the cafe. We we so impressed with the food an Christian we had him cater the wedding. we were not disappointed, from the cocktail hour to the dessert the food was superb. I would recommend Christian and the Cafe to anyone!

1  Thank jess p
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our wedding, which Christian catered, was the best night of our lives. We didn't have to ask for anything, the staff was incredible. We had an extended cocktail hour reception and everyone loved it. He provided "His & Hers" cocktails, carving stations, food passed around on silver trays and the best wedding cake I've ever tasted. He was very easy to work with and provided a lot ideas to help our day. If I could get married all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

2  Thank ashley r
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We visited for our anniversary the decor is beautiful. Our dinner was delicious. The mussels were a little bland but the snails, rack of lamb and lobster newburg were perfect. The wait staff could have been more attentive especially since the restaurant was not busy. All said we will return.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This meal was a disaster. It started off nicely. The staff seemed attentive and friendly. Our drinks came out at a reasonable time and the restaurant wasn't busy at all. We got there around 5:30. Early. I have no idea what happened after we ordered our food but we weren't served until an hour later. They brought out a huge beef special for the one vegetarian at the table but got the other 5 orders right. I ordered the prime rib and asked for a knife. They brought me a butter knife, which I already had. Try cutting up a big fatty piece of meat with a butter knife. They did not bring us a check. We had to go to the bar and have them send someone with the bill. You'd think they would send someone to grab the money. NOPE. We had to bring it up to the bar. I don't know how a meal could take 3 hours long but I would not recommend this place to anyone. The food is barely worth waiting 30 mins for...