Went to the Breakers for 2 weeks in September 2012 following the recommendation of a friend who has also stayed here and loved it. We needed a very relaxing, no hassle holiday with good snorkelling and this was perfect. The snorkelling was great, I even saw an octopus.
Everything is absolutely spotless and they take great pride in the kitchens in particular, which they open up so that the guests can see how clean they are. The food is really good and there is plenty of variety.
We slept incredibly well for the whole two weeks as the beds are very comfortable and there is very little noise from the bar or anywhere else. The beach is lovely, and so is the hotel pool. There was never any problem about finding sun loungers.
We absolutely loved this hotel and our holiday, which was incredibly relaxing. We have been to Egypt several times before, so didn't feel the need to go on many trips. We just snorkelled, sunbathed and sometimes went for a walk along the sea front (if you walk for about 25 minutes you get a the Marina, which has a few shops and a small and pricey supermarket.). Other than this and the hotels, and golf course, there is very little in Soma Bay. We absolutely loved this tranquility, but it would not suit anyone who wanted anything a bit livelier.
If you want to be sure of getting regular internet access then take a laptop, and reception will give you a cable to connect up in your room. If you just have a smartphone and are relying on the hotel wi-fi then you need to be quite laid back, as it is a bit temperamental.
Overall, a great place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Breakers is a novelty a water sports hotel, a home for demanding individuals who want to relax completely. With lots of high quality interior design, excellent cuisine, friendly service, and direct ocean location it is a delight to stay at the Breakers for all senses. You will have a lifestyle experience, supported by a casual lounge atmosphere, friendliness and high quality. Here you can enjoy an easygoing lifestyle at the house reef by diving, kiting at the new "Kitehouse", or just reading and hanging out in the beautifully decorated lounge areas that are overlooking the red sea. Spend an unforgettable time in an El Dorado of the simple pleasures of life - surrounded by a lot of style and service, but still very relaxed and in your personal daily rhythm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Breakers Diving & Surfing Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Diving & Surfing Hotel Soma Bay
- The Breakers Diving And Surfing Lodge