This was our second Autumn stay at the Breakers and once again for a very reasonable rate, we had a nice room with a sea view (if rather noisy aircon) and easy access to the (artificial) beach in front of the hotel and best of all, a walk along the jetty to the wonderful reef for snorkeling. The only difference this time was that because the hotel was fully booked it was a struggle to get a decent table at breakfast and especially dinner.The waiters did their best to cope (and responded magnificently when it rained during breakfast!) and the overall restaurant service was very efficient.The food was reasonably varied with the breakfast being the most enjoyable whilst the lunch options were very limited.
Our only real frustration was the poor wi-fi service which was confined to few public areas and sporadic at best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Breakers is a novelty, a water sports hotel, a home for demanding individuals who want to relax completely. With lots of high quality interior design, excellent cuisine, friendly service, and direct ocean location it is a delight for all senses to stay at the Breakers. You will have a lifestyle experience, supported by a casual lounge atmosphere, friendliness and high quality. Here you can enjoy an easygoing lifestyle at the house reef by diving, kiting at the "7 Bft Kitehouse", or just reading and hanging out in the beautifully decorated lounge areas that are overlooking the red sea. Spend an unforgettable time in an El Dorado of the simple pleasures of life - surrounded by a lot of style and service, but still very relaxed and in your personal daily rhythm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Breakers Diving & Surfing Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Diving And Surfing Lodge
- The Breakers Diving & Surfing Hotel Soma Bay