“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Soma Bay
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
“Beautiful hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed in March very quiet, not much in means of entertainment. Food had a reasonable choice and good quality. Rooms were clean and modern. I would not stay in this particular area again as it was a bit too quiet for me.

• Stayed March 2014
6 Thank Laura Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

No water during the entire stay.we had to refull the bottle of the water from the room which they gave us at the beginning of the holiday. I had diareea and voma because they weren't clean.I went to hospital and I had to pay 100 euro for one perfusion. They didn't t care about the cleaning from the room.the pillows were spoiled and dirty from the other guests....so horror....Please Don t go to this hotel!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Diana I
Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I spent 3 days at this hotel and it was a nice time.
Positive feedback : many of the stuff are helpful and try to offer you a great service- the food is good with enough variety especially the Italian restaurant was excellent in food and stuff - the rooms are wide enough - you can do snorkeling at the marina of the hotel.

Negative feedback : no enough towels on the swimming pool.
Few of the stuff are rude specially the pianist was very aggressive and un polite if anyone touch the piano as it's not allowed for gussets to play on it unlike other hotels but it's not a problem if she asked that in a respectable way, but what happened with me was very irritating and made me angry.
The soft drinks are bad with no soda..The beer is sometimes hot.- no safe car barking.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Rafik--Ibrahem
Belgrade, Serbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was in this hotel from 4.6.-11.6.2014.kada I came, I had no particular expectations, but I was really pleasantly surprised especially friendly staff and very nice hotelom.Samo little to enhance the nutrition and everything will be super.Želim particular praise for the animation team especially beautiful and unparalleled Ghana beautiful Tunisian who his smile and spirit captivates.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Darko B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have just come back from the best two weeks at the Amwaj, just about to look when i can book to go out again!!

When we arrived at the hotel it was almost 10pm the reception staff were lovely and friendly and explained everything to us. We were then taken to out room (2213) which was just beautiful had a sea and pool view. The bathroom was a ill bit dirty but nothing serious.

Our holiday got better and better! Sulu, Fady, Jana and all the animation team you made our holiday you are all so funny and friendly and made us feel like family.

Gamal at the little pool bar is the best! he looked after us so well he exceeded our expectations went above and beyond and always had a smile and a joke for you. Mustafa at the fruit bar is such a angel too he looked after us and always made sure we were being looked after. Ramy in the restaurant is amazing again couldn't do enough for us. These are just a few of the staff that we're fantastic to us. ALL of the staff were amazing. I honestly cannot stress how amazingly hard these guys work and they are all such a credit to the hotel.

The hotel overall is STUNNING everything is clean and beautiful. Being English we were the minority but that was not an issue for us. Unfortunately for the hotel some of the guests they get are horrendously rude and think it is appropriate to have 4/5 plates of food EACH! But this is out of the hotels hands as I believe it is just the type of people!!

Spa was wonderful and relaxing.

Overall this hotel has blown my mind!! I have come away wanting more! There is no doubt in my mind that will be back!

Thank you all so much for an amazing two weeks!!

Amanda

Room Tip: Be nice it goes miles!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank MrsForrester13
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from two weeks at what can only be described as a jewel of a hotel set in beautiful surroundings the staff were always polite and hard working
The room was large well equipped and clean the sheets were changed every other day
The beach is beautiful and the bar staff Mustafa and Ahmed are a real asset to the hotel
Chef Amr in the Italian restaurant is a amazing cook
My wife had the best massage she has ever had on holiday and would definitely recommend you have Aida she's Fab
The only negative point is that one member of the reception staff charged us for an up grade (£40) that was free this money was return by the hotel
More Brits need to stay at this hotel it's a credit to the owner and the management team
Giovanni was especially helpful and friendly
We will return next year

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Ds3girl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I went april 2012 and it was the best hotel I've ever stayed in. It was just brilliant. Looked very posh and the rooms are very clean. Big clean pool. Excellent large beach. Pier. Nice food. Staff were amazing. Beautiful hotel. Nice spa. Shops. Took about an hour to get to the excursions though. But I would absolutely stay here again. Nabil the thomas cook rep was lovely too

• Stayed April 2014
Desert Rose Resort
Desert Rose Resort
#29 of 221 in Hurghada
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,456 reviews

Been to Amwaj Blue Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!