“Great time”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in El Quseir
Bergamo, Italy
“Great time”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had a great time in this hotel and the water park is fabulous for child and parents too. Peolple are also very friendly. Rooms are spacious and clean. Show every day and food quite diverse. We recommend the place

Room Tip: Take room close to the beach becasue you will be also close from restaurant, reception, animation...
1 Thank Axeletsharon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Rickmansworth
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We went to the Akassia Club Calimera as a family of 5 with 3 boys aged 8,7 and 5. This was our first visit to the resort which is about 40minute coach journey from Marsa Alam airport.

The Akassia Club Calimera is the same hotel as the LTI Akassia Swiss Resort.

We stayed in the 8 series rooms by the Olympic pool which are larger and more family orientated.

This was our 4th time to Egypt as a family but first time to Marsa Alam.

Food at the hotel is good (my wife is happy with the food and she is the type that can spot bacteria at 1000 yards!).

Hotel is clean and staff are very friendly and helpful.

The house reef here is excellent so take all your snorkelling gear (we saw Moray Eels, tuna, turtles as well as usual shoals of reef fish).

On site dive shop is German run and nice and friendly - standard dive around 50 euros. I did have a problem with some of the rented BCD equipment so check to make sure you get newer, maintained equipment.

Divers should go on a trip to Elphinstone reef - I saw 3 large hammerheads on my dive there and the reef is very unspoilt, fantastic soft coral - real delight, underwater disneyland. This dive involves 1.5 hour bus journey to Marsa Alam port and then 2 hour boat. Egyptian divemaster and boat team are excellent - I left my camera behind on the boat and it made its way safely back to me. Highly recommended if you are an experienced diver.

Family trip to Shaab Marsa Alam is highly recommended - we snorkelled with pod of 20 dolphins and it was one of the most unforgettable experiences of my life and the kids will never forget it (water is calm so if kids can swim they can snorkel with the dolphins - my kids all had wetsuits)

Water slides at hotel are good.

Reef has been carved out at beachfront to provide a nice swimming area which has a variety of fish, rays and occasonal baby eel.

"Animation" team are a really nice bunch with fun water polo in morning and beach volleyball in afternoon - great fun on the best sandy beach I've been to in Egypt. My boys had a great time playing football with all the other kids so very family orientated hotel.

Evening entertainment OK if you like this type of thing.

We keep coming back to Egypt and places like this are a long way from the "troubles".

Major advantage at this resort that there were no Russians. Last year we went to Jungle Aqua Park in Hurghada and the Russians there were rude, greedy and abusive - truly you had to see it to beleive it!

Any no Russians just a mix of well behaved Brits, Swiss, Italian, German and French!

Only minor downside was the hard sell / stroppy Spa salemen. I had a pedicure last year for 15 euros. The "brochure" price at the hotel was 50 euros - crazy prices. After a few days I negotiated him down to 20 euros but then we got into a dispute about follow up pedicure. Very unecessary since they don't seem to realise that if there prices were not the same as Central London then they would get many more customers. Hotel management please note.

Overall excellent family two week holiday over Easter.

13 Thank silverlight1
Uhlisko, Banská Bystrica
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Akassia Swiss Resort is coupled with Club Calimera Hotel. Akassia is smaller and more for couples or people prefered quiet a small place before more options posibbilities.

Beach has no reef gulf, only the reef molo - so in case of big waves ..... you finish with most beautiful activity in M.Alam-snorcheling or diving.

Food like in every hotel in Marsa Alam with similar ratings.

Services and waiters are better in Calimera (you can use both of hotels restaurants and bars if you stay in Akassia).

Internet very poor and paid per HOUR :-DDD download was less than 50kb/s

resort have a super tobogans and slides and not only kids activity center :-)

We gave to this hotel our 73%

Room Tip: all of the villas are very quiet
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CarlosCosmos
Letchworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just returned from this great resort The grandchildren where ecstatic over the water park. Even had a go myself great fun. Cannot fault the choice of food that was on offer and the staff where so helpful and obliging. The whole place was kept very clean including the grounds and gardens, our room was daily cleaned with fresh towels every day. I definitely recommend this place with children or without.

Room Tip: We stayed in block 18 so near pools and handy for restaurant
1 Thank Sheila M
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Beautiful clean hotel food was nice and the staff were really friendly,the reception guys were always kind. We stayed close to the pool which was very convenient ,
Aqua park was really awesome we had so much fun
We really enjoyed our time in Akassia

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NanisS2014
Essex
Reviewed 25 March 2014

As a middled aged couple young at heart we experienced a really enjoyable break staying at LTI Akassia Beach hotel in mid February. The accomodation was excellent and the service to match, there was plenty of choices for food in the various restaurants with nice wine to accompany it.

We were so pleased to be able to get sunbeds anywhere without finding other guests reserving beds experienced in many places.

The drinks were all good something I hadn't experienced on my two previous trips to Sharm, this seems to be a better part of Egypt to go to. Top guys in the lobby bar for service and making tasty drinks!

All in all a really well run and managed hotel and we are looking forward to our next visit. It also seemed very safe in this part of the country.

Room Tip: Upper rooms are really good in blocks nearer the sea
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mick83
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We spent our wonderful time in Akassia resort during March 9 – 20 th. We stayed in Calimera club with our kids (4, 2). When we arrived we were accommodate very quickly. The reception guys were always kind. We stayed close to the pool which was very convenient for our children. We spent our time mostly by pool during first week of our holiday or down by beach bar near the activity area, it was quite windy during that period, but we could swim in the heated pool with temperature around 30° C. We also did snorkeling in the sea with temperature around 23° – 24° C there is really nice reef with many fishes . Beach is nice and sandy with easy access to the sea with artificial lagoon or by moll if you like snorkeling. Near beach bar you have the activity area where you can join games, oriental dancing or any other exercise if you like. We really like Animation Team especially in the evening with variety of night show. I would like thank to Bety and Sam for their smiles all the time. Pool guy with white cap was kind and kept the swimming pool clean all the time.
We also tried Aqua park which is great, as the hotel was quite empty, they opened each attraction for 40 minutes, but stuff was really helpful and opened attraction if we asked them.
Stuff in the restaurant was really friendly and kind including beach bars. There was always a good selection of food, everyday something different to choose from.
Also I would like to thank to Dr. Albert Awad , hotel doctor who gave me a very good medical care when I needed.
I went to package of 5 massages; the massages were really good and professional. I haven’t seen many guests in spa area, which is pity, because the spa area was after complete reconstruction. Of course there are spa employees visiting guest and offering services so you can agree on discount if you take more massages. I believe it would be more easily already offer some package, but its only my personal opinion. I also did manicure but in this is nothing special, I thing poor average.
My husband paid for internet access in the room provided by WIFI, but it wasn’t working well in the room, with stupid login system and poor quality, low speed. Also in the lobby the access should be free of charge. You can use internet café close to reception free of charge, where it was OK .
In overall we were really satisfied with resort, all employees were really kind. Also the gardnes are really kept well, especially in LTI resort the gardens look lovely.
We will be glad to come back to this resort again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dreams Beach Marsa Alam
#31 of 68 in Marsa Alam
Club Calimera Akassia Swiss Resort
Movenpick Resort El Quseir

Been to LTI Akassia Beach? Share your experiences!