“Great diving and excellent dive guide!”
Review of Pharaoh Dive Club

Pharaoh Dive Club
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in El Quseir
More attraction details
Owner description: Pharaoh Dive Clubs are small and friendly dive centres located at quiet uncrowded resorts around the Red Sea.Both Marsa Alam and El Quseir are local, friendly towns with a traditional Egyptian atmosphere.Each centre has a unique appeal to suit the different needs of all our divers whether travelling alone,as a couple or in a group.We listen to what you like and tailor the dive sites around you. You will never feel part of the masses but instead part of the family. We are a British owned and operated PADI 5*IDC National Geographic Dive Centre with multi-lingual European and Egyptian staff.The area between El Quseir and Marsa Alarm is considered one of the most beautiful diving regions of the Red Sea and one of the few diving areas of the Red Sea which is still unaffected by mass tourism
Ghent, Belgium
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great diving and excellent dive guide!”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

On 10th of November I decided to dive 1 day with Pharaoh Dive club, although I was staying at Marsa Alam (which is +/- 45min drive).
I had 'hired' a private dive guide, Andi Conrad-Wagenfeld, and it was great! Andi took very good care of me and tried to show me the most beautiful corals and fishes at both dive sites we visited that day (the Rock = Nemo city and Radar station). During my week in Marsa Alam, I also dove with other dive clubs (the one of my hotel Triton Sea Beach resort: Sea World and Coraya divers) but I have to say that I felt most comfortable with Andi from Pharaoh Divers and I also had the feeling they did their utmost best to make it a memorable dive day for me! It was also the first diving from a zodiac for me, so quite exciting!
The decisive factor for me to choose for Pharaoh diving was the excellent, accurate and personal answer to my question of Steve Rattle! I felt directly: this is someone passionate about diving but also very client centric: what is the best site for this woman/client and her level. Thank you so much Andi and Steve! Lots of success! and When I return to this neighborhood, I certainly like to dive with your team again!
Please find some of the photo's I took at The Rock and Radar Station.

Visited November 2011

Chivenor, null, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“got my money stollen in root camp”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

i ve had my 300 Egyptian pound stolen from my wallet which i left it in my room in the root camp and i reported to clair and she said she will investigate and come back to me but she never came back to me, and on the day i was leaving, one of the camp staff ( he was Egyptian) came to me saying did u read the hotel information book in the room and ended up the whole evolution. So i went to see steve and he finished up saying there was two people who entered in my room for cleaning.One was priest of that place who they cannot blame and to blame is like committing a crime and another was one of the Egyptian staff of the root camp and he gave me the other option to call police and make the investigation the time i was about to leave.I am not being pessimistic about this place coz i had good time and enjoyed diving there but i was not happy the way the dealt with my case.

Visited February 2012
4 Thank Bhupendra R
Pharaohdiveclub, Owner at Pharaoh Dive Club, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
We are more than happy for guests to express their opinions, good or bad, about the camp and its facilities however we cannot ignore unsubstantiated allegations of theft.

The compliant received by this guest was that his mask was stolen from his box over night, where he had personally washed and put it. and secondly he had had 300LE [£30] taken from his wallet in his room.

The mask was found and returned to us the following morning by a dive instructor from Diving De who told us he had found it in the shallow waters of the exit point of the last dive made by this guest. This rather tempered our view of the reliability of the statement that had been made about both points, however we did investigate.

The only 2 members of staff that accessed the room during the day in question as he says were the local Imam, that quite simply couldnt steal an apple if he was starving, and the camp manager. Both very unlikely candidates.

What he doesnt say is he was part of the 7th group of 15 divers from the same organisation to join us week after week, and not one of the previous guests had any issues with things going missing.

He also told us that he couldnt remember spending the 300LE so it must have been stolen by a member of our staff. It was obvioulsy not possible that he had simply dropped it like his mask, or even spent it and had forgotten, or maybe even a non staff member took it.

So without any evidence to support his claim we offered to make a police report for him which he declined to do. We did however make the report to the police and they too investigated the claim but found no evidence that a crime occured.

Obviously it would seem the right thing to do was to make wild accusations at all the Egyptian staff and give him 300LE. Sorry but we are a civilized society and we rely on the facts before us, not a kangeroo court.
New Malden, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Open water diving course”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I have just completed my open water referral course and Tito who I was taught by had immeasurable patience with me along with a good sense of humour. He needed it with all the crazy mistakes I made!!! But he got me through and I can't praise Pharaoh Dive Club's organisation of my diving experience highly enough. I was picked up from my hotel at exactly the time stated and the staff were all very friendly.

I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this dive club to anybody seeking to learn how to scuba dive.

Visited February 2012
Scherpenzeel, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Pharaoh Dive Club El Quseir - Roots Camp”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

My husband and I visited for the first time Pharaoh Dive Club El Quseir Roots Camp in April 2011 and we had such a great time we visited again in Nov. 2011. We arrived at the airport where we were picked up by a Pharaoh Dive Club representative just outside the airport. Very hard to miss that Pharaoh Dive Club insignia. We signaled to the representative that we were his passengers and off we went. The driver did not speak English but that was not a problem. If any translation needed to be done it was only a call away. We knew we were in good hands. Arrived about 60 minutes later at the camp where we were given the key to our chalet and some instructions for the following morning. We then got up, had breakfast and off to get started with getting our equipment into crates that were assigned to us by number. We had brought some of our own equipment but everything was also available to rent. Equipment that we rented every time was in order and didn’t hear any guests complain about rented items. All the rented equipment looked well maintained. Our trip was designated to diving and we wanted to do as much as we felt fit for which was mostly 2 or 3 and sometimes 4 times a day (that would include a night dive) It was dark a little after 5 this time of year. Roots Camp has its own House Reef but there are many other choices to choose from. If you are not sure where you want to dive or you want it to be a surprise you can ask where the bus is going for the following day. This is a great place to go if you want a mix in different dives. Dives can be from a boat, rib or shore and you will see caverns, cliffs, canyons, wrecks with lots of hard and soft corals. Fish? Buy a book. You come across so many different types. On one of our dives there was a remora that tagged along for about 40 minutes. Had a feeling we were well taken care of. If we needed anything then asking was not a problem. Your equipment is also taken care of and brought to your dive sight, also washed out at the end of the day and hung up to dry. Roots Camp House reef has sunbeds, parasols, volleyball net, Bedouin tent and showers. Roots Camp across the street from the House Reef has also a volleyball net, games and books that can be loaned and we enjoyed sitting by the camp fire especially on cooler nights.

Visited November 2011
5 Thank Marlene F
Lausanne, Switzerland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Location location location !!”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

As a newcomer to diving I was very lucky to stumble upon Pharaoh Dive Club in El Quseir, for my first diving trip. I wholeheartedly endorse the remarks of the other reviewers of PDC, from my first contact with Steve, right through the the 4 weeks that I stayed in the Roots Camp, the whole experience was friendly, efficient and professional, I followed a programme of courses from OWD to MSD in that time under the expert tuition and guidance of Moudi – thank you !

Staying in the Roots Camp is most convenient for the diving and also enjoys an excellent house reef, the restaurant serves what is by all accounts, some of the best tucker in the area.

Little known El Quseir is easily accessed approximately half-way between Hurghada and Marsa Alam, the reefs and vast range of aquatic life have to be seen to be believed, the many remarkable dive sites are the result of local knowledge built up by the experienced PDC team, making this an absolute must for all divers considering their next trip.

Many thanks Steve, see you next year !

Visited October 2011