The Majlis Resort
Travelocity
Jannat House(Lamu Island)
Peponi Hotel(Lamu Island)
  • Pool
Lamu Palace Hotel(Lamu Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Kizingo(Lamu Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
Jannataan Hotel(Lamu Island)
TripAdvisor
Shella Royal House(Lamu Island)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswater sportslamu townpastaindian oceanevery mealboutique hoteleast africatuna tartareexcellent foodhis teamroyal suitejungle gymsunset dhowbeautiful placesea foodboat ridean amazing view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 December 2013

From the moment we arrived we were given 5* treatment with a special blend of informality, friendliness, discretion and professional pride.
The most intimate hotel on Manda Island, with the kindest staff who are out to exceed every guests expectations.
We were happy with many things: beautiful large room, amazing view from the restaurant of the beach and the food is delicious and varied.
But what truly made our stay perfect were the owners, Frederico and Stefano who went extra mile to accommodate us, even personally taking us for a sundowner with the drummers and singers who made it amazing, Stefano taking us to enjoy snorkeling and catching us lunch (Octopus), you guys are awesome
Evelyne, Katana, Omar, Lenny, Nicholas and all other Majlis Staff are greatest asset: friendly, helpful and keen to impress
I definitely recommend Majlis; they made our stay in magical Lamu very special
It felt like home away from home and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it. If you want to chillout, relax in beautiful surroundings this is the place. If there were more places like this, the world would be a much cooler place.

We enjoyed our stay so much we are already planning our return, need I say more.
Majlis is planning yoga festivals on the 13th to 16th of March which I will get to also celebrate my birthday 

Room Tip: sea view rooms near the pool are great,the Royal suite is awesome!!!
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I think i will go right ahead and start with the rooms! The thought put in the designs, totally impeccable! the Swahili inspired intricate designs on the furniture are quite impressive, I felt like taking the bed home with me! if only it could fit into my suitcase! (sigh). They were gracious enough to show me around,the other rooms were equally impressive but the royal suite, it's out of this world beautiful!

When it came to the meals, the chef went out of his way to impress, He takes the trophy for the pan seared Tuna. Which i learnt was a daily catch during the season i was there, i made a point of going fishing, to see if i could also contribute to daily the supply of Tuna, but i caught a barracuda instead, wasn't disappointed, it was also very tasty.

The pool bar is exquisite! I had my fair share of madafu while i was there. The Majlis staff, a very friendly lot, very hospitable.Thank you all, you made my stay there memorable! On my last night, a candle lit dinner was set up on the beach, that was simply magical! talking of the beach, its one of the cleanest beach i have ever seen,pristine! and no beach boys either.
I also had a fabulous time in the water, If you ever go there, make sure their water sports cabin is the first place you check out.

Beautiful resort, Wonderful team! Pristine beach,Fantastic food! and everything you could ask for while on holiday. I will definitely come back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2013

many big thanks to all majlis crews for making the wonderful moments for my clients, the were very happy and feel like home. thank you so much moccia family for the hospitality you had, this is just the beginning expect more to come. thanks once again Federico and Stefano as well

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We were pleasantly surprised on our boat ride and warm welcome from Evelyne when we got to Majlis. The amazing Majlis was like paradise with beauty everywhere. After a cold refreshing welcome drink we were heading to our rooms when Stefano met and greeted us introducing himself. We then dropped our bags and dashed straight to taste the awesome pool by our room. By the way the room was beautiful and spacious with tasteful Lamu furniture and white surface giving a feeling of space and light!
All the staff members were professional, kind, warm and helpful. The outstanding ones included the bar man upstairs, Katana, Lenny, Evelyne, Fred, the chef Ochieng and Omar. I can’t remember everyone by name all I can say is we were thrilled and delighted!!!
Frederico was also very warm and even accorded us a dhow sunset trip with his crew singing jambo bwana, habari gani mzuri sana.
Stefano took us snorkeling, where my son who is 8 was so excited having watched an Octopus getting caught.
The food was delicious. We could not get enough of the catch of the day on each of the meal times during both lunch and dinner. Yummy seafood!!! My 8 year old son Denzel especially loved all the hospitality and unending attention.
For anyone looking for an out of this world vacation I would like to highly recommend the amazing Majlis. My 5 days stay was heaven on earth. The owners and staff angels!
Cannot wait for my next visit during the upcoming Lamu yoga festival in 13 – 16 March 2014 super excited. Wow!!!!

Room Tip: the rooms overlooking the sea are actually the most suitable because one can enjoy both the pool and the sea. An early morning or late evening run plus enjoy sunset and dinner by the sea! Awesome
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The minute I landed at manda island, I was bowled over...felt like am in paradise... the majlis is exactly that !! golden white pristine beaches and clear sea..where u can actually see a reflection of your shadow...had a great swim ...now the Majlis...the staff are extremely friendly... one of them actually showed me around the property...the interiors are tastefully chosen with a unique, serene feel to it... the top floors rooms have an amazing view out to the sea!! Villa B is breath-taking...the rooms have an inter-connecting door as well..perfect for a family with kids or a group of friends... the pool bar and the upstairs bar are simply awesome!! I will definitely return to stay and be spoilt rotten!! :) I am highly impressed with this hotel..glad to have found this piece of heaven right here in Kenya!! :) thanks a ton to the staff...oh and the massage lady has the most genuine, welcoming smile.