All reviews the holiday inn seneca falls room was clean outlet mall outdoor pool finger lakes restaurant staff microwave and fridge wine tasting hot tub an older hotel pleasant stay walmart wineries thruway
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My family and I have stayed at this property dozens of times since moving away in the late 1970's. The iconic Holiday Inn was the only hotel in town and commanded ridiculous nightly rates until recently. Now there are several newer hotels nearby to choose from. Still, we return to this property because the rooms are larger and less tacky than the nearby M****tel; and the rate was considerably lower than the brand new Ha**ton across the street.

The room was average, but clean. Four progressively firm pillows per bed provided excellent comfort. The addition of nice size mini-fridge and a microwave in the room is an excellent touch. Could use some updates: HVAC unit was outdated and not tied to a thermostat, so the blower ran all night. And when was the last time you saw a chain lock on a hotel door? Appreciated the friendly greeting at check-in, ample parking, on-site restaurant and 24 hour coffee.

Room Tip: Courtyard side rooms have view of outdoor pool, outer rooms view parking lot.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
holidayWaterloo, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Near Finger Lakes and Seneca Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel! If you are ever in the area, please stop in and stay with us!

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights, it was clean and comfortable but noisy in halls at night and in early am. My only real complaint was the shower, water pressure is low and water luke warm. Nice lady location, close to things.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn! I do apologize for the noise and water concerns you had. We are making steps to ensure that these same issues you encountered are handled completely. Thank you again for staying with us, and please consider giving us a chance to show you what we can really do for you!!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I traveled on business, this hotel offer a very near location from the HQ of Goulds Pumps. Rooms are comfortable but the carpets are so dirty, it really needs to be cleaned. The hotel is in front of the Walmart so you can go out to buy something at any hour. Breakfast only include scramble eggs, fruits, coffee and cereal; more options will be appreciated.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Carlos E
holidayWaterloo, General Manager at Quality Inn Near Finger Lakes and Seneca Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We always appreciate hearing from our guests as it helps us to better the hotel. I have discussed your comment regarding the carpets with the Executive Housekeeper and we are ramping up our cleaning schedule for the carpets. I do apologise for the condition of your carpet.
Our breakfast buffet features the items that you mentioned but we also have either pancakes or waffles, breakfast meats and hashbrowns on the buffet. I am not sure why they were not on the buffet when you were at the hotel I do apologise for that as well!
Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Up and down experiences at this Holiday Inn. First stay was Jan. 2013, and loved the King Feature room - spacious, comfortable, clubhouse style decor with great HD tv and a better cable package than can be found in most Intercontinental Hotels. Clean, pet-friendly and perfectly located as a base for touring the Finger Lakes, exploring women's history, or shopping at the nearby outlet mall. Outdoor pool, so no swimming in January, and the spa tub was closed for maintenance but looked inviting. Room was clean and everyone was helpful and friendly.
Next trip was in June - Father's Day weekend, again a great room looking into the courtyard with the pool and the tennis courts, both of which were open. Lovely. Rooms very clean and the shower pressure is great. This time the spa tub was open, as was the sauna. Had it all to myself between 6 pm and 7 pm when the kids were with their families eating. Best spa tub ever, including soothing background music, and I love wet saunas. Lots of exercise equipment available, but I preferred to let the spa tub water jets pummel me into a smiling noodle state. Excellent facility.
Was looking forward to the same experience on recent late-November trip. An older travelling companion was having some issues about leaving the house. Coerced him into making the trip based on the pleasures of the spa and sauna, and the fact that this Holiday Inn had always provided rooms that felt very private. This time I was given a room facing the parking lot and Walmart. It also had two adjoining rooms with doors on either side that seemed pretty thin since I could easily hear the neighboring conversations and tvs. My companion was immediately uncomfortable. Front desk responded kindly and quickly, shifting us to an Executive King facing the courtyard (and very close to the spa-fitness center). Yippee. Got settled in, and ready to spa. Turned on the sauna to get it warmed up and went to check out the spa tub - door was locked. Hmmm, I had called two days earlier (before setting out on a 500 mile round-trip) to make sure the spa tub was open and was assured it was working perfectly and had not had any problems all season. Until now. Called front desk and soon learned that the PH levels had been checked were found to be out of whack, so the spa tub was closed for the only day we were there. Big darn it, big disappointment, hard to explain to companion, wasted time and money. Sauna was some solace, but companion was disturbed and we cancelled other planned stays and returned home early. Big setback.
Even though I really enjoy the location and comfort-level at this Holiday Inn, as well as the professional and friendly staff, I will have to think twice about planning a stay here in the future.. For me the spa and sauna were a holiday treat. but my experience over three visits shows that maintenance can not be relied upon. Prices are a bit high for a property without an indoor pool and I think it may be over-rated at 30,000 IHG Reward points for a "free" night, especially during the off-season.Big plus is that personel are professional and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are nice
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Near Finger Lakes and Seneca Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear HerIndoorsOntario,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. We are pleased you found our staff commendable. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced this visit with our Spa Tub being closed for maintenance. Your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to provide the best service experience possible.

Again, we do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Booked a king room online through the priority rewards website (I'm a member of Holiday Inn's loyalty club, although rethinking the relationship after this visit). Was given a room with two twin beds that both had mattresses past their prime and told by management there was nothing they could do.

The property is tired; our room had a mildewy odor and worn furniture and carpets. Noisy air condition, uncomfortable bed and pillows meant we didn't get much sleep. I would not go as far as saying "disgusting," but we have definitely stayed in cleaner and more modern hotels for less money.

Ended up deciding to turn our two-night stay into a one-night stay because our experience was so awful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David C
holidayWaterloo, General Manager at Quality Inn Near Finger Lakes and Seneca Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear David C.

I was so sorry to read that you had an uncomfortable stay at our hotel. Somehow your reservation did get messed up and came through to us as a room with two double beds. I am not sure how that happened but I will be checking further into the situation. Please accept our sincere apologies.