“Wonderful Escape, beautiful surroundings & great place for mommies who want to get a way for a weekend”

Holiday Inn Waterloo-Seneca Falls
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Waterloo
Reviewed 19 December 2009

I travel an hour to come to this hotel at least 2 times a year. Sometimes you just reach a point where you just need to get away and have some "selfish" time. This is the perfect place to do it. The standard rooms are great and their jacuzzi suite is fantastic. Rates are very good as well. You do not have to leave the hotel for great food either. THe Heritage Cafe in the hotel has the best food, not kidding. The location is great as it is almost next to Seneca Lake and very close to Lake Ontario. Lots of tourist attractions and there is a large Premium Outlet center 5 miles away if you like shopping. I really like this hotel and I am hard to please.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 December 2009

Let's face it.....hotels age like homes do...and many times we want the newest, most recently built building to stay in.

But clean is clean, and sometimes "new" is just antiseptic and cold......I travel to the Finger Lakes Region frequently to visit family; and have my choice of hotels to stay in.

I keep coming back to the Holiday Inn Waterloo for a few reasons....ambience, amenities, cleanliness...but most of all...the STAFF!

I have yet to encounter someone who would not go out of their way to help me...from the room maids to the General Manager, all have been incredibly responsive to my needs - be it different pillows, or help with a personal issue requiring a last minute room on a budget....I just can't say enough good about the staff.

I travel frequently on business, and pretty much have experienced it all when it comes to accommodations on the road....yet I can count on one hand the hotels where the staff is so helpful and attentive. Typically, after the trip is over, it's not the art on the walls of your room, the color of the bed spread or the type of soap one remembers...it's the people!!

So, if your looking for the ambience, the "experience"..the "people memories"...I could not recommend any hotel higher than the Holiday Inn Waterloo! (Oh, and lest I be mis-interpreted - the rooms, facilities etc., are all fully functional & clean!!)

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2009

I dropped my daughter off at Hobart and William Smith College,and needed a place to stay for one night before I left early in the morning to head home. There are hotels closer to HWS, but they are quite expensive. A quick search led me to the Holiday Inn Waterloo, which was less than 10 minutes away. I arrived very late (after midnight). The person at the desk was very friendly and helpful. He offered me a couple of ideas for an early morning breakfast- the hotel has a restaurant but I was leaving before it opened. So anyway, I checked into the room and was quite impressed, especially for how inexpensive it was. The room was VERY clean, as was the bathroom. The beds have four different types of pillows, which are all labelled so that you know if they are firm, soft, etc. The firm pillow was unbelievably comfortable, as was the bed.
I used the supplied (!) cat5 cable to connect to the internet, connected immediately with no problem. I think they have wireless, but the cable was so easy to use I didn't even check.
Also, I had a bicycle tied (not very securely) to the back of my car. I asked the man at the desk if it would be safe, he advised me that he was sure it would be fine, but just in case to park right in front of the front door, and he would keep an eye on the car overnight. I thought that was an amazing offer, and, sure enough, the bike was still on the car the next morning.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if they are looking to get by for alot less money than the downtown Geneva hotels.
Did I mention the candy canes on the pillows?

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2009

This was our first time staying at the Waterloo Holiday Inn in upstate New York. From the moment we checked in, we were treated to a relaxing stay - from the staff at the front desk, to the wait staff at the Heritage Restaurant. The decor was extremely pleasing to the eye. The food was excellent. There are many activities and sights to see in the surrounding area. Also, the free internet was a great amenity. We will definitely stay here again when we travel in this area.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2009

Stayed on Oct 17-18. Reserved a non smoking one queen bed room, and was placed in a two queen smoking room. The bathroom was ok, except for the tub that was dingy, and the showerhead is coming out of the wall. That was the only downside to the hotel. Other than that, it was a great looking room, with comfortable beds.

Reviewed 21 October 2009

We found this Hotel in the Finger Lakes region of NY. We were riding 2 bikes to a BMW Rally. The manger & staff went out of their way to accomadate our bikes. Even offered to bring out supplies to let us wash them. Nice Hot tub/Jacuzzi after a cool days ride. Big Rooms.

Reviewed 14 October 2009

Stayed on Columbus Day weekend, so hotel was booked up for a wedding and travelers to see the leaves, and wine country. Check-in was pleasant and efficient. Used Free night for room, so we got a double bed room. Refrigerator and microwave included in room. Got a free drink coupon for Priority Club so we visited the pub. Not much action, but looked like it could be a fun place. BT was not very friendly, and he buried himself back into his book after making a Manhattan for me (no cherry) and a Cosmo for the Mrs. We did not eat in the restaurant for dinner or breakfast the next day. See Abigail's review from me if you want a good place to eat.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterloo
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
#2 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Del Lago Resort & Casino
Del Lago Resort & Casino
#1 of 3 in Waterloo

Been to Holiday Inn Waterloo-Seneca Falls? Share your experiences!