“Breakfast at the hotel”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Wadsworth, Ohio
“Breakfast at the hotel”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The cafe is located in the Holiday Inn, Waterloo. We didn't want to leave looking for a place to eat before starting out on the second leg of our journey so ate here. The service was great. We had eggs and omelet. The coffee was decent, as I have said before, it isn't Starbucks but not many compare to that for me.

• Visited May 2014

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Ok Food”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The breakfast was ok, not too great, not too bad.

The only thing we were disappointed with was that we got 2 free coupons for cocktails in their dining/pub area and the lady (bartender) made a cocktail that SUCKED. She didn't mix it appropriately, it didn't even taste like a cocktail. She poured a bunch of juice together and maybe a tablespoon of rum. She's the only reason this place is not going to get a 4 star from us.

Visited April 2014
Western NY
“Service was great”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Well, at least it was free due to me winning a gift certificate. First of all, the staff was very pleasant and helpful, but that is sort of where it ends. We started with a Cheese Board ($8.99) for an app. We did enjoy this as all the cheeses were locally made and quite tasty. I ordered the Chicken Parm and my boyfriend ordered the Turkey, Bacon, and Cheese Panini with fries. The best thing I can say about my dish was that the pasta was cooked perfectly, beyond that it was on par with cafeteria/diner food. It did taste ok, but over priced at $13. As for the sandwich ($8.99), there again just ok. He said it tasted like it came from a box and he pulled out some of the bacon which was totally undercooked. Since we had the gift certificate to use up, we boxed up the rest of our meals and set our sights on dessert, surely we could find something to spark our interest...locally made ice cream was the selection, thats it. Vanilla, chocolate, and caramel...no wait caramel is gone, pumpkin...sorry, the kitchen messed it up and there was only one serving of pumpkin. I gave up and took the pumpkin that the kitchen had messed up with chocolate sauce and my boyfriend had vanilla. Ice cream was lacking flavor and had a lot of ice flecks through it. If you are not expecting much and just want something to fill your belly while staying at the attached Holiday Inn, then it is fine. Don't bother making a special trip though.

• Visited January 2014
AnthonyM71, Manager at Our Heritage Cafe, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback. On a positive note I am happy to hear that your service was great. On the other hand you mentioned that the food was on par with cafeteria/diner food. I apologize for the bacon being undercooked, your chicken parm not tasting to your liking, and the ice flecks in the ice cream. This is not the direction or reputation we are trying to build at Our Heritage Café. We thrive on good food and good service as our number one goal to all our customers that dine with us. I will address your food experience with the Chef and his staff to ensure we can correct these issues for the future. I would like to invite you back in the near future to give us another shot if you’re up to it. Please feel free to give me a call at the hotel to discuss the issue further, I would love to hear from you. Ask for Anthony. Have a great day and hope to hear from you soon!
Ottawa, Canada
“Great service, average food.”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

What you would expect from a restaurant attached to a hotel (Holiday Inn). Staff was very attentive but food was just average. Dining room was chilly.

• Visited October 2013
AnthonyM71, Manager at Our Heritage Cafe, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for your trip advisor post. I will let the staff know that the service you received was excellent. Moving forward we can work on improving our food for the future. We appreciate your business and we hope you can join us at Our Heritage Café again real soon.
Elmira, New York
“Heritage Cafe”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Pleasand dining room. Good menu selection for Friday evening meal/,eeting with friends. Excellent service.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank LindaL47682
AnthonyM71, Manager at Our Heritage Cafe, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
We appreciate your awesome feedback on our menu! I will be share to share your positive feedback with our Executive Chef & front of the house staff about the great food and service you received! Please join us again in the near future!