“What a truly outstanding hotel - perfect honeymoon”

Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Anse La Raie
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“What a truly outstanding hotel - perfect honeymoon”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My Wife and I have just returned from Paradise Cove where we spent 12 nights on our honeymoon. We wanted true luxury and real relaxation after 10 months of planning a wedding and what we received went above and beyond all our expectations. We were looked after by the outstanding staff from the moment we arrived to the moment we departed. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff would consistently go above and beyond to meet our requirements. My wife suffers from severe nut allergies including peanuts, coconut, pineapple, mango and a whole variety of other foods but the staff went to great lengths to ensure that these were not contained in her food and where not possible, would cook up something completely fresh so that she had an enjoyable meal. So much so, that she became quite accustom to Steak and Champagne dinners. The setting and facilities at the hotel do everything to make this the perfect honeymoon spot where we took the opportunity to watch fantastic sunrises and enjoyed candle lit dinners on the beach. The Catamaran day trip is a must and a bargain too. We had a great day out with some of the other resident’s snorkelling, drinking and eating an amazing BBQ whilst floating in the Indian Ocean. However, it is the staff at the Paradise Cove Hotel that really make the added difference and are the true value add for this wonderful location. Nothing is too much trouble and although the entire team there work hard to make sure everyone has the perfect holiday, a special thanks to Sanjeet who personalised every meal we had where he waited our table and made sure my wife was constantly supplied with a Champagne top up and also to Dev who made certain many a good night was enjoyed in the STAY Bar. The little touches are there too, from offering complimentary massages around the Infinity pool to making sure your drink was on the bar ready for you before you even ordered it (thanks again Dev).I would recommend this hotel to anyone going on their honeymoon, celebrating a special occasion or wants pure relaxation and luxury.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
H0tels_Management, Directeur général at Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Liam,

Thank for your beautiful comments and for recommending our property.

It was a pleasure meeting yourself and your wife.

We are delighted that all went up to your expectations.

We wish you again all the very best and look forward to welcoming you again at Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel.

Raoul Maurel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and I returned from a 10 night stay at Paradise Cove in June and felt thoroughly relaxed from our stay. We stayed in a Deluxe Premium room which had a beautiful view of the cove and being on the 1st floor, we had the privacy we desired and no noise from above. The rooms are a little dark but decorated beautifully and we had everything that we could possibly need in the room as well as an air of romance which every girl loves on holiday!

The grounds are breathtaking and really do help in making this hotel the special place that is becoming. The staff are all very friendly, make you feel at home and the food is very good - mostly al a carte which is a lovely change when staying at an all inclusive resort.

The catamaran trip is a must - the crew a fantastic and it is such a lovely way to meet new people and mingle with fellow guests. Definitely a highlight of our trip.

My only gripe was that for a 5* resort, food service was not up to the standards I would expect. I felt that there was inconsistencies that were frustrating - 6 out of the 10 mornings, we had to ask for coffee at breakfast twice before it came, not all mornings were we presented with the basket of pastries which is meant to be such a highlight and the waiting times for all dining services varied dramatically - sometimes the food came out in minutes, others it took an overly long time. By no means do I want a robotic service but small things such as coffee with my breakfast in a fairly timely fashion isn't much to ask.

This really is a lovely hotel and has such huge potential to become one of the greats which I am sure with its fantastic management and staff that it will become with a few tweaks here and there. If only all boutique hotels were like this.

Room Tip: Go for a Deluxe Premium as they are higher floors and offer better privacy and better views of the c...
1 Thank vic1721
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your appreciation of Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel.

We have taken good note of your comments and we would like to apologize for the food service at the restaurant. I have already addressed this issue to the team.

We do hope to welcome you back.

Borehamwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have just returned from 12 nights at this beautiful hotel and all we can think about is when we can go back! We stayed for my 50th birthday and it really was a holiday to remember. It is not like any hotel we have ever stayed at before and we can only describe it as staying at your good friend’s private residence on a paradise island with exceptional staff to look after you. The staff went above and beyond to work with my wife in making sure that my birthday celebrations were unforgettable, from a champagne breakfast to a candlelit dinner on the beach – special thank you to Krishna. The staff are so sincere and helpful in their approach to guests to a degree that we have not experienced in any hotel previously, so refreshing. Special thank you to Deepak, who welcomed us with his lovely smile at breakfast and looked after us so well on my birthday; Vikram in reception, who is always on hand to assist with anything you need; Rakesh, Sangheeta, Reshma, Akshay and of course Raoul who is by far the most welcoming and approachable GM we have ever had the pleasure of meeting. The general standard of the hotel is exceptional from the accommodation to the food – all 3 restaurants offering delicious food – and the stunning grounds. Lots of water sports to choose from and the Boat House staff are so helpful. We did scuba diving which was a great experience and also the catamaran cruise which we would thoroughly recommend – what a great day! We also had a lovely massage on the peninsula waterfront. No problems with sunbeds, there are plenty whether you choose the cove beach or the many love nests on the peninsula. We went out for a day’s tour of the Island which although really good all we could think about was getting back to Paradise Cove! This is the most tranquil and relaxing hotel we have ever been too, thankfully with no unwanted or disturbing activities such as aqua aerobics. The adults only theme was a very important consideration for us and made such a huge difference – please don’t ever change this! Massive thank you to Raoul and all your lovely staff for the best holiday ☺ see you soon.

1 Thank Raphael P
Dear Raphael,

Thank you for your nice review.

We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay and 50th birthday celebration with us!

I have already conveyed your warm appreciation to all the team members.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back in a near future.

London
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I have just recently returned from 12 nights at this incredible hotel. At six months pregnant with our first child, we were looking for an adult only hotel to relax and unwind on our own for the last time ;-) This hotel exceeded our expectations and, whilst on arrival we had every intention to sightsee, we did not venture out of the hotel until it was time to leave. This is the only holiday where we have not been ready to go home. We could happily have stayed for months on end and never tired of the beautiful surroundings, exceptional staff and peace and tranquility.

The staff bent over backwards to ensure that whatever I ate was pregnancy friendly. Sometimes I would order a dessert not realising it had raw egg in it, and without pointing out I was pregnant, they already knew and had modified my order. Everything was done with a smile and genuine warmth, and nothing was too much trouble. I have never experienced customer service like it.

Because it was adult only, the majority of guests were couples rather than groups, which added to the calm and relaxed vibe of the place. It never felt overcrowded, you never needed to get up early to reserve a lounger, and there were so many little secluded bathing areas for you and your partner to relax and lounge in. Other hotels take note: the absence of music being piped around the pools was priceless. Why would anyone want to listen to generic music when you come all this way to get away from it all. All you could hear was the sounds of tropical birds and the ocean. This was totally appreciated by us. You simply couldn't fail to relax and unwind here.

We booked their standard room but were upgraded on arrival. The view from all balconies overlook the cove / beach and whilst we loved being upgraded, I can't imagine we would have been disappointed with their standard room. Despite having pregnancy backache, I slept soundly every night as the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The furnishings and decor were of very high quality and the food was far better than anything I have experienced in an all inclusive hotel before. Even the occasional buffet that was on offer in the main dining area was delicious. We were very impressed and subsequently got very fat during our stay. At lunch you could choose healthy salads or burgers, pizza, baguettes, fish curry etc. As well as ice cream and desserts which were all fantastic. In the evening, you could book in advance to eat at the seafood or the asian restaurant, or you could eat at the main dining area. We enjoyed all three dining areas equally. I wasn't drinking alcohol but my husband enjoyed their cocktails and the staff were happy to make me non-alcoholic cocktails on request. Unfortunately, I understand that the house white wine (available on the standard all inclusive package) is overly sweet but the rose is slightly drier.

I used the spa three times as I had their three-day "mother to be" treatment package. Sadly, this was a little disappointing as I was never given the full allotted time (a 50 minute massage was only 40 minutes and a 50+20 minute treatment only lasted for 50 minutes in total). I also had a manicure and pedicure but the polish was applied too quickly between layers that it still hadn't dried effectively three hours later and rubbed off when I was asleep. So this is the only area that I would suggest the management improve. However, it certainly didn't interfere with my enjoyment of our stay and the quality of the massages were very good.

We would recommend this hotel to all our friends and family and if we could we would go back in an instant.

2 Thank subee
Dear Subee,

Thank you very much for your kind review on Trip Advisor.

I am happy that the attention of our Family Members helped make your stay a wonderful one!

I have taken good note of your comment regarding the spa which has been passed to our Spa Manager. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We would be very pleased to welcome you back.

Best wishes for your future with your new baby,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Went on our honeymoon to Paradise Cove and everything was perfect from start to finish, could not fault anything!

The hotel is situated in beautiful surroundings and the view from our room (66) was stunning but all rooms face the cove.

The service was excellent, staff friendly, everywhere spotless and very well maintained. Food tasty and plentiful, no shortage of sunbeds, massages good and a wide variety of activities - tennis, water skiing, kayaking, boat trips all free of charge.

We hired a car so was good to see some of the island and would advise anyone to do this even though the hotel does a very good job in making you feel relaxed and not wanting to go outside the grounds!

I would highly recommend the hotel and hopefully will return one day.

2 Thank KirstyC26
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honeymoon experience on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted that you have been very happy while spending some time with us at Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel.

The whole team looks forward to welcoming you again!

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I travel a great deal and I have never come across quite such a perfect hotel. Everything – from the location to the décor to the food to (above all) the service, was outstanding. Given the short time we had away from our ever-demanding jobs, finding a little corner of paradise like this one was truly miraculous.

Room Tip: As the hotel is not a square block but an intimate arrangement of just 67 rooms, position is not an...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Julia J
H0tels_Management, Directeur général at Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review.

We are happy that you had an overall nice experience at Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel.

We would be very pleased to welcome you back for another holiday.

Ardley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Quite simply one of the world's great hotels. We spent our Honeymoon here (10 days), it was perfect. Staff are supremely helpful, friendly and kind. Knew who we were by name as we stepped out of the taxi from the airport. Food is glorious and plentiful, even fresh crepes on the private beach. Massages were very enjoyable as was boat hire, water skiing and the beach loungers. I'm not a sun worshipper but this was the most relaxing hotel I've been to, the rooms are brilliant too. You certainly had no reason to venture outside the hotel grounds. We will return for our 10th anniversary.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guests,

We thank you for having your honeymoon at Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel.

We are happy to have been able to contribute to an unforgettable relaxing time.

We would be delighted to host you back for your 10th wedding anniversary!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anse La Raie
Constance Le Prince Maurice
Constance Le Prince Maurice
#1 of 2 in Pointe de Flacq
Baystone Boutique Hotel & Spa

Been to Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!