Just back from a short 5days stay at this beautiful, new, picturesque property. Frankly speaking, I was a bit concerned after reading some reviews here though I noted that the negative ones were in tiny minority. But let me tell you you will not be disappointed at all at this property considering all other factors most importantly the amount of money you spend here as compared to some other highly rated hotels on trip advisor.
First thing first, at check in, I hardly had to wait 30 minutes considering the fact that I knew in advance that I will reach at 11am and check in time is 2pm. We had two jacuzzi rooms and one family rooms. Was given all 3 at same time, in same block and what lovely rooms they were. Special thanks to Vandana for all the hard work considering it was a long walk from lobby to rooms. Some small hiccups at this juncture but all taken care of with a smile by Vandana and her team. Contrary to some reviews here staff was very courteous, smiling and willing to serve. Guys you have to show some love and affection to get more in return. We all are human.
Rooms were large, spacious, well done and good ambiance. Jacuzzi rooms are a treat for couples and kids. Our kids were using family rooms and they loved it. Room service, table cleaning was bit slow but bearable considering we were on a leisure trip. But food was good. I would suggest them to keep mini bar well stocked as if we want to use, we will pay!! House keeping was prompt and efficient..
Swimming pool was ok, would have loved to find a deeper one but still enjoyable. View from lobby and pool is breathtaking. Sugarcane bar at pool makes some nice cocktails though I had to miss my favourite beer brands. But those were not available even outside hotel too. Parvez at sugarcane was so nice. Boathouse was kids' delight. They pampered them with snorkelling lessons, kayaking etc. sorry don't remember names but thanks guys.
Coming to dining, first two nights went to Veda. Lovely food and excellent service. Staff here made some extra efforts for social needs of kids and ladies. Thanks to Nresh, Lobeen and Khushboo. Next two days tries Senso which had much wider choice but same good quality and taste. Special thanks to Kessen and Pam (hope am right). They even surprise me with a birthday cake and song!!
Breakfast at Senso was also delightful. Well spread and so many choices. But guys your tea was always not as hot as we like it....
Wanted to experience Yuj spa but couldn't. It was always full and I never bothered to book a day in advance as advised. My fault!
Special mention about Mr Asnaud EAM.. Ever smiling! Also Satyam at concierge for going that extra mile..
All in all, guys just compare what you pay at Oberoi et al and what you pay at Intercontinental.. Satisfaction per dollar or per Rupee will be certainly same or may be higher.. I would surely come back here.. And yes, there was a wedding during my stay too but I did not even realised until I was told about that by some staff member.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms and 140 Deluxe rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools ( all heated in winter ), 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Odigeo, Prestigia, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava