we visited this resort for our honeymoon in December 2011. We arrived very early after 6 hours of travelling from Mumbai. We were seated in the reception and given fresh fruit drinks while we waited for for someone to take us to our room. The room was spacious, with a large bed and living space with a view of the Indian ocean. The bathroom was beautiful with both a bathtub and a stand alone bath. An added bonus was the outdoor jacuzzi and shower with sun loungers. However, one draw back of this area was that you could only view the ocean when you stood up. It would have been much more worthwhile had they chosen a glass wall / balcony rather than the concrete hich obstructed the view from the jacuzzi.
The buffet breakfast was good with a very wide selection of hot and cold food and fruit. In the evening, as part of our all inclusive package, we had a choice of set menus from each of the 5 restaurants. The food was mostly very good in each, with our particular favourites being the Mediterranean and Indian restaurants. However I would not consider any of them to be of the high standard required for a 5 star resort. 4 Star? Yes
The Resort is situated on a manmade beach . Resort has plenty of beach activities & water sports that u'll love to do. There is a small swimming pool with a swim up bar but it is quite shallow and not large enough for swimming in. But it is perfect for colling down and for some sundowner cocktails.
Over all we had a very pleasant experience but this area of Mauritius really isn't the idyllic Indian ocean paradise that we had hoped it to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms and 140 Deluxe rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools ( all heated in winter ), 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava