• Sega Dance’ performance on Saturday over dinner/drinks which was quite fascinating
• Every night they have a half an hour dance and music programme which was quite entertaining. They were also arranging seperate dance so in Indian Cuisine restaurant Veda. This were quite beautiful especially for kid who enjoy lot even after completion of show to play music at their own on African instruments!!
• The baracuda bar entertainment shows were sufficient with the indian dancers show and band. We attempted to dance on their dance floor with the music provided, despite being the only ones to do so
RELAXING AT BEACHES, BEACH ACTIVITIES
• We liked Sugar Cane Island for watching the amazing mauritian sunsets.
• Overall, it has evrything in this resort. Spa, Sauna, Jacuzee, Kids club, Gym, Boating, Lawn Tennis, clean and well maintained beach, lagoon as well. I belive if you don't want to go for sight seeing there is enough room at hotel to spend your time. They do have daily schedule for whole day to learn different activities, some of them free of cost.
• For the adventure lovers, the undersea walk at Bella Mare, the parasailing at Ile aux cerfs and the submarine ride (Blue safari) near Port Louis is recommended. For the extreme sport lovers you HAVE to do the Tandem skydive experience (www.skydivemauritius.com ) while in Mauritius.
• Ride on glass bottom boat is must do and the kayaking is an experience, both the activities are free for hotel guest, however the ride on glass bottom boat is to be booked in advance to avoid dis-appointment. We had one to one tuition to snorkel and jean Pierre went out of his way for my partner to help him be able to master it.
• We were taken out in a glass-bottomed boat to go snorkling, had a windsurfing lesson and went water-skiing.
• • We were on snorkelling 3 times during our stay with the glass bottom boat, it was a good fun and the ocean life under the water is marvellous.
• • other activities ie parasailing, speed boat ride etc are charged reasonably. They have about 3 swimming pools including a heated one. Main pool was a little cold for the little man so we used warmer pool at end of beach near boat house and dive place, very nice pool and just right temperature
• The only think that could get annoying is the sunbeds, towards the end of our holiday people were getting up very early and reserving with towels, then not turning up to use them until after midday, other quality hotels I have stayed at ban this behaviour by removing towels...There are plenty of beds I just hate people that do that
• Free water Skiing, Wind surfing, kayaking, glass bottom boat, table tennis, tennis. Beach Volleyball, petanque. Beach staff were fun and enthusiastic... Definitely try Bocce Ball!
• The catamaran trip is a must we chose the one to isle aux cerfs. There are alot to do in Mauritius, like the Catamaran trip to Gabriella Island (awesome), Isle Aux Cerfs trip (awesome as well) and the Mauritius Island trip (very nice)
• My family made full use of the amenities like tennis, water sports, excellent gym (with yoga and meditation classes -thanks Danny. We played football, petang, volleyboll, table-tennis together with other guest from the hotel
• We tried aqua aerobics and tropical dance lesson. It was a lot of fun. Not many guests took up on activities offer. We used the tennis courts and I went on one of the organised morning runs and did water-aerobics
• We played tennis or table tennis daily. We enjoyed a short game or two of table tennis and badminton with the well maintained sporting equipment provided by the hotel
• One thing to do if there's rain is to go to the fitness suite and spa. Both are free and of a high standard! We spent a whole afternoon using the sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi and plunge pool.
Relaxing at the beach was very easy on the cushy sunloungers and the team of the Sugar Cane Bar took good care about everybody, serving drinks and snacks
EXCURSIONS AND TOURS
• The Triolet Shivala:The longest village on the island, Triolet offers an opportunity to visit the biggest Hindu temple, the Maheswarnath, first built in 1819 in honour of the Gods Shiva, Krishna, Vishnu, Muruga, Brahma and Ganesha
• Casela Park (definitely do the quad safari while you are there). Ile Aux Cerfs-the nicest beach on the island of Mauritius. Also check out Triolet City Hindu Temple and be sure to take off your shoes when you walk in.
• Grand Baie is nice for some souvenir shopping and night life. There are two supermarkets, Jumbo and Super U (no food mart in hotel so buy your snacks/goods in one of the two). The souvenir shop with a very good selection-Le
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms, 20 Executive rooms with free WiFi and 120 standard rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools including one heated pool, 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Agoda, TravelUp, Travelbag, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava