This is an amazing property, very large, has 2 beach areas, 4 restaurants and 2 pools along with a boathouse. You do not need to leave the hotel at all.
Rooms - very spacious and well designed internally. We have an ocean view room and the view is blocked by trees which takes away from the ocean view.
The food is alright. The breakfast spread is quite large. They have a Chinese, western and Indian restaurant for which you need to book each meal a day in advance if included with your package so those restaurants are quite empty. The food could be better though I wouldn't say it's bad.
Room service just walked into our room, I noticed there are no bells at the door. Also a little slow to get service.
Bring water with you, it is expensive in the hotel as it is all around Mauritius. A coke in the restaurant is about usd5, so is water.
Wifi is available free in the lobby and restaurants. The rooms only have paid Internet.
Pool- one regular pool and one heated pool. Very nice.
Location - it is an hour from the airport but well situated between Port Louis and Grand Baie which are the main hangouts.
Must have a dinner on the beach. Great experience.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing holiday. For honeymooners, get the ocean view jacuzzi room.
The overall experience has been wonderful, have just listed some of the drawbacks so you are aware of them beforehand, they are minor and I hope the hotel would fix these little things.
We will surely go back someday.
BTW renting a car and going around the city is a good idea. It is about 1200MUR at the time of writing this from a private contractor outside the hotel for the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms and 140 Deluxe rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools ( all heated in winter ), 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava