InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$433
US$405
Agoda.com
US$598
US$557
US$173
bedfinder
The Oberoi, Mauritius(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$707
Le Meridien Ile Maurice(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$255
US$245
  • Breakfast included
Villas Mon Plaisir(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$98
  • Pool
Recif Attitude(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$168
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa(Pointe Aux Piments)
TripAdvisor
3,184 results
All reviewsnoble housesenso restaurantharsh manichief conciergejacuzzi roomkevin ritoopresidential suiteindian foodheated poolthe resort managerjean pierreour honeymoonmain restaurantocean viewfamily roomspecial thanksguest relations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had been there for my honeymoon and my stay and experience couldn't have been better.
We just loved the location, rooms and the private beach of the resort. The DJ nites were good and had lot of fun and memorable time. The restaurants were very nice and served a variety of food to cater to all taste platters.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shubhi_rastogi
Jiri B, Director of Sales at InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear valued guest, we are delighted to hear that we made your honeymoon stay so successful and we do hope to welcome you in future for your wedding anniversary.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

During our last visit to the Island of Mauritius, we had the opportunity to stay at the Intercontinental. Although it was only for one night, we were very impressed with the place. The staff were very friendly, the room was very spacious. It was quite surprising to see that they had three beds set in two rooms. Our kids had their own room which mean that we did not feel like sardines packed in one room. The room was very clean and well decorated and they even provided complimentary water bottles for the all family.

The hotel restaurant was exceellent and we had dinnner in the Mauritian style restaurant and the Chef was very accommodating in prepararing the plate we wanted to try and the food was very good. In all, it was a very nice evening and we would certainly stay in this hotel again as it was perfect for my family. Above all, the price was excellent considering the services and the hotel facilities. I would recommend to anyone that wants to spend a beautiful holiday with their family and still not have to take a loan to enjoy a vacation at the Intercontinental in Mauritius.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Patrick M
Jiri B, Director of Sales at InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Patrick,
thank you for your time to share with us your experience at InterContinental Resort Mauritius. We really value your feedback and we are glad to hear that you liked our property.
Hope to see you soon back for longer time

Reviewed 30 April 2014

While on holiday in Mauritius I went for a Birthday Dinner for my sister and the whole family we booked Fusion Restaurant the Food was amazing the atmosphere was great very friendly staff my family enjoyed that very much . Mr Nick the restaurant Manager what a Gentleman great sense of humour genuine hospitality he has . we have there he was very welcoming he made our night great my sister was very happy . we definitely coming there again when am on my holiday . Mr Nick is a gem for that hotel we will definitely recommend our friends from United Kingdom to go to that restaurant .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank nheerah
Jiri B, Director of Sales at InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear valued guest, thank you for taking time to share with us your recent experience from one of our restaurants, Noble House. I am delighted to hear that we made all all of you happy and you enjoyed our great asian food, service and Nick accompany.
Hope to see you again
Jiri Benes, Director of Marketing & Sales

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Right from the beginning the guest relation people pooorrrrrr

U guys need to really work on this .
Update this guest relation.

Well food was good liked it.

Spa was ok

Gym and there trainer was goood liked it

Nice property liked it

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Divya P
Jiri B, Director of Sales at InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Divya,
thanks a lot for sharing your comments with us. Glad to hear that you like the property, our YUJ Spa and also food&beverage experience.
I will be pleased if you can contact me at jiri.benes@ihg.com to give me more details about your experience with our guest relations. This will help us to understand client point of view.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We were a family of 10 who booked the intercontinental for 2 nights as we wanted to be closer to port louis and the last 3 nights we booked at a different hotel. The hotel is ok but the service is horrible. Starting from the bell boys they threw our luggage saying the no of pieces of our luggage were a lot. The restaurant staff is horrible they are not ready to help you at all and are extremely rude. I reported this to the front office manager Shiv but he didnt seem to care at all. It seems it flows from the top. They dont really care what hospitality is. The reception is so rude that our door was not opening but they did not send anyone to open the door for half an hour. We had small kids and they didnt really care. I couldnt beleive that this was actually happening in a hotel. We have stayed at a no of hotels but everyone in this hotel was so rude it was unbelievable. Their housekeeping people were so rude. There were ants innour room and we have an infant with us but the HK people said the ants r there we cannot do anything. I told them they will bite my small kid but they said report to the manager. Thr manager did not really care at all. I cant beleive this that hotels like this r still running...this is the internet world buddy....u cant do this anymore

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Vaibhav T
Jiri B, General Manager at InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear valued guest, thanks a lot for your time to share with us your opinion and experience during your recent stay with us. I would like to assure you that this is not experience and type of service which we provide to our guests as you can see from other reviews.
Can you please contact me directly to talk about your experience more in details please?
Franck Seguin, General Manager