“Paradise is a correct word”

InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Balaclava
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
“Paradise is a correct word”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

really really heaven. there are so many awesome things about this hotel.
1) They give you so many options of Indian food, whether breakfast buffet or dinner, they people have variety of Indian food. and also one Indian restaurant.
2) Every night they have some entertainment like Belly Dancing, regional dancing, beach side dinner etc. so one should not look for any kind of outside nightlife.
3) Rooms are big with balconies.

Had heavenly experience there

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Preet_12
Jiri B, Director of Sales at InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Preet_12, thanks a lot for your time to share with us your recent experience.
Happy to hear that you found with us a heaven :-)
Looking forward to welcome you back to InterContinental resort Mauritius or any of our sister hotels round the world.
Yours sincerely
Jiri Benes, Director of Marketing & Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

If you want to visit Mauritius , this is the place to stay. We stayed at the resort for our honeymoon and it was worth it! The various activities planned at the resort like candlelight dinner for honeymooners,beach party and DJ night make the stay very interesting and exciting. The private beach at the resort is gorgeous . The staff is very helpful and courteous. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. The only let down was the air-conditioning which was ineffective compared to the heat and humidity in December. Overall , this place is truly worth a stay....one of the best romantic getaways for sure!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Jiri B, Director of Sales at InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Ronak84,
thanks a lot for your great feedback for InterContinental Mauritius.
I am pleased to inform that since your stay we have taken technical improvements on our A/C units to full guests satisfaction.
Looking forward to welcome you back soon
Liff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Rooms very clean and spacious we had an additional twin bedroom and both rooms had large tv's. There's even one in the bathroom if you like to watch TV whilst you soak in the bath! The main bedroom has a king size bed, sofa, armchair and patio doors to a terrace with sea view. Large bathroom with two sinks, huge free standing bath and separate shower. Robes and slippers were provided as well as toiletries which were replenished daily. There was a small fridge, tea making facilities and an iron/ironing board. Both rooms had AC and the main room also had a ceiling fan. We could not fault any of the staff in the hotel as they were very friendly and helpful. Main buffet restaurant had a different theme each night with a lot of choice. Our waitress, Reena was very attentive and friendly. There was also an Indian and Oriental restaurant but we did not try these. Segala, the 'A la Carte' restaurant was amazing. It overlooked the beach and the quality and presentation of the food was excellent; not to mention the cocktails!! Manager Rajiv and Chef Rishi looked after us very well as did their staff; Nadarajen, Venisha, Vidosheen and Sonam. Sorry guys but can't remember everyones names! It was a pleasure to go there every day as nothing was too much bother for the waiters/waitresses and food was prepared and served quickly with great attention to detail. We felt the hotel was particularly good as there was plenty of room at the various little areas of the beach where a quiet corner could be found if desired. Sunbeds were well spaced out and had parasols and beach towels were provided free of charge. There were two pools; both overlooking the beach. The beach bar served lovely cocktails and lunches which we could have sitting at our sunbed if we felt really lazy! There was tennis, sea sports and a daily activity programme as well as evening
entertainment and spa treatments etc if that's your thing. There were also various shops in the lobby. Would say the only thing lacking was a minibus service for guests to and from nearby Grand Baie or Port Louis. All in all we had a great time and would definitely go back to Intercontinental. Thanks to all concerned for ensuring we had a great holiday!! Chris and Ian

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank tiab/karima
Jiri B, Director of Sales at InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Chris and Ian, well what to add to your review? I am really glad that you enjoyed your vacation with us and we will not better describe our facilities and services than you did.
Hope to see you again back in future.
Jiri Benes, Director of Marketing and Sales
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed there for 3 nights and I had a private jacuzzi in my room/suite. The upgrade was delightful. The staff is courteous and warm. The food is tasty too although I did not eat much as we were out most of the time. The management ensured we were well taken care of.

There are no places outside the hotel hence be sure to rent a car/taxi.

Room Tip: Go for jacuzzi villas
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jiri B, Director of Sales at InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear khalidraza9,
thanks a lot for sharing with us your experience.
Hope will be able to welcome you soon back
Jiri Benes
Director of Marketing&Sales
Gordon's Bay, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

In May 2014 we visited the Intercontinental hotel as part of our 10th wedding anniversary celebration. We made contact with Dane Smith from this hotel indicating to him our room preferences and our anniversary celebration, and he most definitely made sure that our requests reached the right people. Although we booked a standard room, we were upgraded (for free) to a lovely Jacuzzi room on the 2nd floor upon arrival! We were also offered a romantic dinner on the beach one night to celebrate our anniversary. Dane’s assistance was friendly, professional, and obviously very effective. We also want to mention Rishi the chef at Segala restaurant who went out of his way to accommodate our preferred romantic dinner menu.

Intercontinental Hotel has the most beautiful setting with beautiful beaches. We only had one day of windy & rainy weather, the other 8 days of our stay were absolutely lovely summer weather. The facilities at the hotel are great. The bedrooms and bathrooms are spacious, and the restaurants are wonderful as well. We were on the All Inclusive package (which is definitely a must), and everything we needed (and wanted) was included in this package.

We will go back to Intercontinental any day, our stay there was most memorable and very special!

Johan & Azanne
South Africa

Room Tip: Jacuzzi room is lovely!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Johan-and-Azanne-SA
Dear Johan & Azanne, thank you very much for your time to share with us your recent experience. Happy to hear that you enjoyed vacation at InterContinental resort Mauritius and that our staff members went out of their way.
Will personally thank to Dane & Rishi on your behalf.
Yours sincerely
U.K.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Well I'm back with another review late as usual but I get there in the end.

My wife and I decided to go on a holiday to celebrate our first year wedding anniversary and the soon arrival of our first baby so we chose Mauritus as we wanted to go somewhere serene and classy with a bit of exclusivity.

After + one day of flying we finally arrived at the airport our hotel transfer was straight forward and we arrived at the hotel a few hours later before midnight. Check in was fairly easy but took a bit of time the complementary drink was a nice touch.

The room was nice with a sea facing balcony view but I noticed it was missing a few basic essentials like a toothbrush and toothpaste I had to request one very late at night as we were too tired to unpack so late at night I liked the shower as it was a big over head one and a smaller one with a handle.

The main bridge that connected our room to the front hall had more or less mobile scaffolding on it every morning due to some on going what look like roof repairs, that was annoying as we had to walk around to get to the dining area with a pregnant wife it's not a ideal situation to be in.

When you pay top doller you expect top service and charging extra for stuff like non alcoholic drinks with a meal just does not cut it with me as prices are extortionate and you got to keep tabs on how much your spending I had to pay the extras at the reception as soon as I had the bills as I did not want it to add up just another inconvenience of you ask me.

The Hotel location is somewhat out the way not a close walking proximity to anything really so you will be reliant on taxis.

The beach at the back of the hotel is ok but not the idyllic white soft sand you would imagine.

It was lucky I had a old friend that runs a furniture factory nearby the hotel who kindly provided us with transportation to and from the hotel when we wanted to go out. So Sam thank you for that.

In all honestly I was really annoyed with the level of service from this hotel the day before we was to check out they left a letter in French requesting us to check out at 12pm the following day I didn't see the letter till I got back as we was out all day and didn't return to the hotel till nearly midnight. When questioned about this they said there hotel was at full capacity and if we wished to pay more we could stay longer so effectively myself and my pregnant wife had to loiter in the hotel front hall at so I rang my friend who kindly came and picked us up for a bit of lunch before we left for the airport.

My friend Sam was not allowed up to the front door with the car for some reason on this occasion so my pregnant wife and I had to walk down a long cobbled slanting road to get to where he was parked outside the hotel gates, before I left the door I expressed my frustration at the staff located on a desk by the door by the time he realised what was going on they sent a golf buggy to pick us up it was too late I was half way down the hill already.

We were also not informed that our airport transfer driver had arrived the poor fellow was waiting for us by instinct I saw a man walking round the hall when I got talking to him it turned out it was our driver again lack of communication.

My question is is this hotel really a 5 star retreat because it feels more 4 star to me.

The other question is did I feel like David Beckham on a posh getaway? I somewhat don't think so. And as for this hotel would I stay here again? I just don't think so.

I would like to thank all the readers for reading my reviews keep a lookout the next one will be with the new baby be safe and happy travelling.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank UKDREAM
Jiri B, Director of Sales at InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear valued guest, I would like to personally thank you for your time and comprehensive review shared with us.
Happy to hear that you liked our room product with great sea facing views. I would like to apologize for certain shortfalls during your stay, these have been today morning shared with relevant departments to make sure, this will not happen again.
Wishing you all the best with your baby on the way and hope to be able to welcome you back sometimes in the future.
Jiri Benes
Director of Marketing & Sales
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

A group of 9 of us stayed at the Intercontinental in Mauritius at the end of May 2014. First of all, the entire hotel staff was incredibly accommodating starting with making one room available for us early after a very, very early arrival in the morning then ensuring that all of our rooms had good views and were not too far apart. A very special "thank you" to Kevin Ritoo, the Chief Concierge, who helped us book all of our excursions. He is very knowledgeable about where to go and what to see. (Ask him to connect you with Evin who was our driver and all around great host during our stay.) Kevin most definitely went above and beyond to assist not only with our various trips but also making sure that we had everything we needed during our stay. He even made sure that one of our party received an extra special birthday surprise! After our two week stay we all felt like welcome guests at a familiar friend's home. The staff knew us and anticipated our requests. We were all sad to say good bye!

Room Tip: Sections 9 and 10 seem to have the best views and are on the quieter side of the resort.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank simply-HSL
Jiri B, Director of Sales at InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear valued guest, happy to hear that your girls holiday workout perfectly with us. Will pass your thanks to Kevin as he is really great person and ambassador of Mauritius.
We do hope to welcome you soon again in one of our InterContinental Hotels & Resorts.
Jiri Benes, Director of Marketing & Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balaclava
Le Meridien Ile Maurice
#1 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,399 reviews
Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius
Angsana Balaclava Mauritius

Been to InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort? Share your experiences!