After staying at this hotel, I can honestly say that we were not disappointed. The hotel grounds were beautiful and beach was as picturesque as any post card you will see. All the staff were very attentive and the welcome upon arriving at the hotel, was one of the best we have received.
We were on a half board package and the eating options within the hotel were great. All of the restaurants were impeccably decorated and the food was delicious. There is nothing quite like having your meal while hearing the waves crashing against the beach.
There was however one restaurant within the hotel which really stood out. If you are able during your stay, I would highly encourage you to eat at Segala; one of the restaurants within the hotel. We went back quite a few times during our stay. The quality of the seafood at the restaurant was fantastic and the customer service we received was truly outstanding - better than any Michelin starred restaurant at which we have eaten!
Yoven, the chef at the restaurant, went to the trouble of creating some traditional Mauritian dishes especially for us to try and even came out from a busy kitchen to see how we enjoyed them. Arvin, at the bar, also created some drinks especially for us to try and nothing was too much trouble for him. Even the restaurant manager Rajiv was careful to make sure we had everything we needed and that we were enjoying our experience. All of the staff were friendly and attentive. Very impressed!
We considered a lot of hotels for our holiday to Mauritius and chose this hotel because it looked stunning from the photos. Now that we are (sadly) back to reality, I can say that the hotel is even more beautiful in real life and the customer service, particularly from certain individuals, was simply outstanding. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms and 140 Deluxe rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools ( all heated in winter ), 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava