I've realised that one needs to be cautious when reading these reviews. What I've learn't is that we all have different expectations and standards. The bad reviews I read on here while deciding on a resort really scared me, but I'm glad to say that we didn't experience any of the negatives which people have reported. The hotel itself is very trendy and neat. The service is excellent and the staff are very friendly, food was good value for money. All the amenities are top class. The only disappoinment was the lack of activities at night. There was only a 30 minute show after dinner and nothing else to do.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for honeymooners and families as the kids would love it. I'm definitely going back there should I visit Mauritius again.
Thanks to all the staff, especially Deesant who was so helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms and 140 Deluxe rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools ( all heated in winter ), 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelbag, IHG, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, Southall Travel, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava